Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-15-2014, 03:47 PM
orange iguanas.

Fran what teeth are they removing that they expect it to take so long?? Also to help with cost, are you able to just not have them cleaned and only do the necessary extractions? He's a young guy, I'm assuming he doesn't actually need a cleaning, and I know where I work that portion itself is $80 (so probably much more at your vet lol)... we've had quite a few cases where a pet needs something extracted, but otherwise their mouth is fine and they don't need a cleaning, so we don't do it.

I feel like most of our dentals/extractions leave paying less than $600. We don't have dental x-ray capabilities though sooo that probably makes a difference. But even the pain medication they're quoting you is expensive, we charge like $10-$15 for 4 days worth.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 02-15-2014, 05:06 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Default The Venting Thread

Long story short.... Some people are assholes and I just temporarily inherited a 6 week old Flemish giant rabbit as a result of assholes.

I CANNOT keep him. Wish I could. But can't. Flemish giants are like my favorite kind of rabbit so I'm dying of his cuteness.

Anyone want him?
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 02-15-2014, 05:12 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittledoo View Post
Long story short.... Some people are assholes and I just temporarily inherited a 6 week old Flemish giant rabbit as a result of assholes.

I CANNOT keep him. Wish I could. But can't. Flemish giants are like my favorite kind of rabbit so I'm dying of his cuteness.

Anyone want him?
ahhhh I would so want him but I'm not prepared for such a large bunny. He could stay in our basement room to keep him from the dogs but he'd need a cage when we are not down there with him. He's SO CUTE

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 02-15-2014, 05:43 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Well, sir, maybe it is wise to hold onto your 2 year old that "is prone to bolting" while walking on the city sidewalk. Maybe then I wouldn't have had to grab your child to stop him from running in front of that bus that wasn't slowing down. I'm sorry your child seems to think I hurt his arm. I assure you, I hurt him a lot less than that bus would have.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 02-15-2014, 06:15 PM
<(°°<) <(°°)> (>°°)>

Zora & I got attacked by a dog today.

Long story short, I hear some guy calling (his roommates) dog. Assumed he was off-leash, which normally is fine, since most people here have their dogs off-leash. Zora was leashed at the time because we were headed home, and walked through the part of the woods where people leave alot of trash (Zora loves trash).
So I hear him calling, and then I realize dog is not listening and probably headed toward us. (I couldn't see them, they were behind us, around a corner) SO I turn around and see a pitbull staring at us. So while Zora would like to go towards him, I guard her off, because I always guard her off when strange dogs look like they around about to charge at her because 1, I don't know how they are going to react and 2, They might head back to their owners instead.
Then Zora barked and he charged at us. **** thing bit Zora in the back before I could block him off her.
Started yelling at the dog and pretty much punched him in the chest with my knee while he took another swing for Zora - which got him on my leg. (not such a smart move on my behalf, but I stopped thinking at that point) Finally Dog runs off, Zora is shaking, I'm shaking and the Owners friend meanders around the corner. SIRIOUSLY. You heard me YELLING and have the nerve to meander around the corner? All the while your dog is now running around on the pastor. Good job.
Guy asks me if my dog & I are ok. I was fine, Zora was fine as well. (no open wounds, though he did catch her somehow, because she yelped her so much pain yelp. ) After checking her and myself over, I told him we were fine, but to give me his cellphone number if something was wrong that I had over seen. He did, and then he meandered off after his roommates dog while on the phone with said roommate. All the while the dog is still running around on the pasture next to us. So Zora and I removed ourselves from the path quickly so that I could calm her down safely.
Few minutes later I heard another dog yelping and more barking.

I'm SO pissed off. Siriously. Who lets their aggressive dog off-leash. I mean not just dogs, but theres little kids there as well.
Idiots like that ruin pitbulls for everyone else who is a responsible dog owner.

I'm just glad Zora was ok

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 02-15-2014, 06:42 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by GipsyQueen View Post

Long story short, I hear some guy calling (his roommates) dog. Assumed he was off-leash, which normally is fine, since most people here have their dogs off-leash. Zora was leashed at the time because we were headed home, and walked through the part of the woods where people leave alot of trash (Zora loves trash).
So I hear him calling, and then I realize dog is not listening and probably headed toward us. (I couldn't see them, they were behind us, around a corner) SO I turn around and see a pitbull staring at us. So while Zora would like to go towards him, I guard her off, because I always guard her off when strange dogs look like they around about to charge at her because 1, I don't know how they are going to react and 2, They might head back to their owners instead.
Then Zora barked and he charged at us. **** thing bit Zora in the back before I could block him off her.
Started yelling at the dog and pretty much punched him in the chest with my knee while he took another swing for Zora - which got him on my leg. (not such a smart move on my behalf, but I stopped thinking at that point) Finally Dog runs off, Zora is shaking, I'm shaking and the Owners friend meanders around the corner. SIRIOUSLY. You heard me YELLING and have the nerve to meander around the corner? All the while your dog is now running around on the pastor. Good job.
Guy asks me if my dog & I are ok. I was fine, Zora was fine as well. (no open wounds, though he did catch her somehow, because she yelped her so much pain yelp. ) After checking her and myself over, I told him we were fine, but to give me his cellphone number if something was wrong that I had over seen. He did, and then he meandered off after his roommates dog while on the phone with said roommate. All the while the dog is still running around on the pasture next to us. So Zora and I removed ourselves from the path quickly so that I could calm her down safely.

I'm SO pissed off. Siriously. Who lets their aggressive dog off-leash. I mean not just dogs, but theres little kids there as well.
Idiots like that ruin pitbulls for everyone else who is a responsible dog owner.

that makes me furious just reading it. I'm glad you guys are OK, but man.

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/
Old 02-15-2014, 09:05 PM
+ Nika

Quote:
Originally Posted by GipsyQueen View Post

I'd be furious too, he really shouldn't be owning a Pit Bull. I'm glad you & Zora are ok.

Do you have any leash laws?

Jazzy 5 y/o. Siberian

Nika 14 w/o. Siberian

(Picture coming soon!)
Old 02-15-2014, 09:14 PM
Top Dog

I am so upset. I left my rats with my S/O while I went to Disney World, and when I came back, he told me that one of them, Eris, got out of the cage and his dog killed her. I have been nonstop crying for days. I've only had my girls a year, and I wasn't nearly as bonded with Eris as I am with Bubblegum (Eris was a feeder rat and not very socialized with people) but it still hurts

I know I need to get Bubblegum a new cagemate, she is so lonely, but I feel like it's too soon for me to want to go get another rat. I want to give it a few weeks, but I hate seeing her just curled up in a corner of the cage by herself. Just ugh.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:41 PM
Resident fainting goat

What is it about the movie dreamer that makes me sob uncontrollably?

I DONT EVEN REALLY LIKE HORSES!
**** YOU DAKOTA FANNING!

...now I want a pony.

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:44 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
We routinely have dentals that are that expensive. I think the area is a huge factor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerLover View Post
I paid roughly $1500 per cat for dentals with full mouth rads, bloodwork, and extractions about a year ago. You have to take into account the area and the expertise.
This and this. I just paid $1000 in December for a dental with rads, bloodwork, and five extractions. The clinic I go to is known for being slightly more expensive, but there are a lot of clinics around here that are about the same price.

Megan...where did you get their dentals done?