Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-14-2014, 11:31 PM
Resident fainting goat

Oh and Merlin has to have 2 teeth removed. There seems to be an impacted gum issue.
Spoke to two vets and they say it's a fluke, his teeth/gum are very healthy (I even brush his teeth!) but...during the baby/adult teeth process and teeth grew too close together or something and this pocket happened and now the root is getting exposed and creating a problem (I brought him in because food was getting in there and it bled sometimes but he was in no pain I thought it was just something dumb)

$1500.
Gone.
Ugh.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:34 PM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom View Post
the biggest issue with my period being like clockwork is when it decides to be a couple days late. I'm cramping (to the point i skipped the gym) and feeling ugh on valentine's day and i don't even care because a) single and b) whoo hoo not preggers!
yay for not being pregnant!
Old 02-15-2014, 02:37 AM
Wu-Tang Steph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
Oh and Merlin has to have 2 teeth removed. There seems to be an impacted gum issue.
Spoke to two vets and they say it's a fluke, his teeth/gum are very healthy (I even brush his teeth!) but...during the baby/adult teeth process and teeth grew too close together or something and this pocket happened and now the root is getting exposed and creating a problem (I brought him in because food was getting in there and it bled sometimes but he was in no pain I thought it was just something dumb)

$1500.
Gone.
Ugh.
I feel you at least on the dental front. Adopt a puppy mill product Dachshund? $1,100 dental no matter how hard you fought his awful teeth. SIGH. The vet projects no matter what we do he'll lose all his teeth by the time he's 10.
Old 02-15-2014, 02:46 AM
Aware

Get him some titanium teeth, he'll be a badass.
Old 02-15-2014, 02:56 AM
Wu-Tang Steph

He'd only use them for evil.
Old 02-15-2014, 03:41 AM
Aware

Can't sleep. Sigh.
Old 02-15-2014, 05:16 AM
<(<) <()> (>)>

Zora walked up the stairs (whoohoo) all by herself. As in I opened the baby gate and she shot up. Now she's refusing to go back down and my dad isn't home. yay for dogs too big to carry down stairs.

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:09 AM
Top Dog

Quote:

$1500.
Gone.
Ugh.
Dannnngggg that is expensive! Kastle's had two mouth surgeries - one emergency surgery at Michigan State University and one at a high-end clinic in Knoxville. Your area must be pricey! That's a HUGE bummer (I was bummed at the price I paid!).

Kastle is missing all but his two front teeth now and he's very comfortable and it hasn't impacted his life at all. All lost due to being dumb and high-drive and annoying.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:17 AM
I'm All Ears

Quote:

$1500.
Gone.
Ugh.
Wow that's expensive! Summer's extractions were $600. She had an impaction and also a cracked molar. 9 teeth removed. Poor thing has no top teeth anymore at all. She's fine but she did have to learn to chew bully sticks with her side teeth.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:36 AM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Wow that's expensive! Summer's extractions were $600. She had an impaction and also a cracked molar. 9 teeth removed. Poor thing has no top teeth anymore at all. She's fine but she did have to learn to chew bully sticks with her side teeth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FG167 View Post
Dannnngggg that is expensive! Kastle's had two mouth surgeries - one emergency surgery at Michigan State University and one at a high-end clinic in Knoxville. Your area must be pricey! That's a HUGE bummer (I was bummed at the price I paid!).

Kastle is missing all but his two front teeth now and he's very comfortable and it hasn't impacted his life at all. All lost due to being dumb and high-drive and annoying.
I'm starting to feel like I have a very expensive vet.

The everyday stuff is not bad at all but the more people I tell about his 2 teeth the more people are like WHAT???
but I went to TWO vets and both gave me the same estimate!

...maybe I should travel.
I mean I would personally love not to spend almost a months rent on his teeth lol