Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1131  
Old 11-02-2012, 10:53 AM
Fran101's Avatar
Fran101 Fran101 is offline
Resident fainting goat
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Boston
Posts: 12,041
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
My gym will let me take my shirt off and just be in my sports bra.
But the guys can't take their shirts off.

I'm surprisingly okay with this policy.
We have earned that right.
They are probably much more comfortable in just a shirt than we are just in a sports bra.
It's basically wearing a boob squisher.

adding a shirt ON TOP of a boob squisher is just cruel.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1132  
Old 11-02-2012, 10:55 AM
darkchild16's Avatar
darkchild16 darkchild16 is offline
We are Home.
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Tallahassee Florida
Posts: 21,814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
My gym will let me take my shirt off and just be in my sports bra.
But the guys can't take their shirts off.

I'm surprisingly okay with this policy.
plus sweaty man armpits
__________________

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie



Reply With Quote
  #1133  
Old 11-02-2012, 04:21 PM
Lyzelle's Avatar
Lyzelle Lyzelle is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 2,564
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
[/B]

I just have to re-iterate this because this seriously pisses me off.
Why are bras so expensive?! it's not like they are non-essential items.

I have boobs, they need some kind of support or else people would get all touchy about them bouncing all over the place.

I mean ****!

and also, why is it not ok for me to take my shirt off if I'm wearing a bra.
People wear bathing suits all the time.
Guys are shirtless all the time.
It's hot out. shirts are annoying.
This.

Also, those people who just HAVE to be competitive with EVERYONE to make sure everyone understands that they are PERFECT with EVERYTHING and their PERFECT life and husband. WTF? Why?

Jin and I are causally looking for SecondDog.
So she rushes out and gets a White German Shepherd. Probably BYB.

Jin and I make a trip down south to visit with family.
So they fly out right away(we oddly live in same state, came from same town) for a two-day stay and raves all about it all over facebook.

I brag a tiny bit about Zander or share some minor annoyance....
She's all of a sudden bombarding facebook with photos and posts about ALL her animals.

I rescue.
She found out. Now goes to ALL the rescue events.

I have a bad relationship with my parents.
She runs around bragging about how she has awesome parents who buy her whatever she needs and so on so forth. Turns out, she doesn't even really talk to them.

I comment it's snowing.
She does the same. It's not snowing in her town.

I'm slightly ahead in school, taking time off because of all the moving around and Jin's PCS orders to Italy.
She signs up for everything at the local college and rants about people "taking time off". She also just booked a flight to Italy.

Like...WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU WOMAN?! This is not a competition. I do not understand your issue. You don't even talk to me!
__________________

Lyz and Zander
zaner-waner-fluffy-butt <3

'05 Siberian Husky

Reply With Quote
  #1134  
Old 11-02-2012, 04:31 PM
JessLough JessLough is offline
Love My Mutt <3
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 12,962
Default

Contracted for a party for 4, so I make arrangements for previous engagement and rush here. Get here, party doesn't start til 7.
__________________
Ella: 2 1/2 year old female ferret
Nacho: ~7 year old male ferret

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Reply With Quote
  #1135  
Old 11-02-2012, 04:38 PM
Catsi Catsi is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 900
Default

Why am I such an excessive/obsessive person?

I don't drink much in social situations because I end up drinking too much. I'm quite capable of having one glass of wine at home sometimes and stopping, but go out to a family gathering or with friends and I have trouble saying enough is enough. To combat this I offer to be designated driver and simply abstain.

I have food issues - which thankfully I am getting better at addressing (I have lost 40kg and I feel I have a healthier relationship with it now, but I always get this sneaking feeling that I'm a hair's breath away from ruining it all. Of course I still stuff up occasionally)

I've taken up running and exercise, but I'm starting to feel obsessive. Got an invitation to go out last night. Sure, I replied, but what time - I need to go for my run. Realised I was being a bit silly, so simply thought I'd reschedule my run (no problem there). Spent the day feeling anxious to the point of sickness. Thankfully I snapped out of it and felt better by the end of the day. But why so hard on myself? At one point I wasn't even going to go out - but I did end up going.

I'm three weeks ahead with one subject and right on track with another for uni, yet I still feel guilty for going out and enjoying myself. I drove and didn't drink (which is fine), but my reasoning was strange. I couldn't possibly do it because if I did, I'd drink too much, get hungover, miss my rescheduled run and... well... you see what's happening here.

Too obsessive? Just overthinking it? Completely within the range of normal? I'm not sure, but I feel that constantly nagging feeling that I'm doing something wrong or I should be doing something else. I don't stop to enjoy my achievements very often. Finished a particularly hard run? Great, so I should've. Got really good marks last semester? Barely blinked an eye. I'm getting the feeling that my life is getting a little too regimented. Or maybe I'm just having a bad day lol!
Reply With Quote
  #1136  
Old 11-02-2012, 04:46 PM
Fran101's Avatar
Fran101 Fran101 is offline
Resident fainting goat
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Boston
Posts: 12,041
Default

People who don't get up for older or pregnant people on the train.

Were you raised by wolves?!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1137  
Old 11-02-2012, 04:50 PM
Fran101's Avatar
Fran101 Fran101 is offline
Resident fainting goat
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Boston
Posts: 12,041
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catsi View Post
Why am I such an excessive/obsessive person?

I don't drink much in social situations because I end up drinking too much. I'm quite capable of having one glass of wine at home sometimes and stopping, but go out to a family gathering or with friends and I have trouble saying enough is enough. To combat this I offer to be designated driver and simply abstain.

I have food issues - which thankfully I am getting better at addressing (I have lost 40kg and I feel I have a healthier relationship with it now, but I always get this sneaking feeling that I'm a hair's breath away from ruining it all. Of course I still stuff up occasionally)

I've taken up running and exercise, but I'm starting to feel obsessive. Got an invitation to go out last night. Sure, I replied, but what time - I need to go for my run. Realised I was being a bit silly, so simply thought I'd reschedule my run (no problem there). Spent the day feeling anxious to the point of sickness. Thankfully I snapped out of it and felt better by the end of the day. But why so hard on myself? At one point I wasn't even going to go out - but I did end up going.

I'm three weeks ahead with one subject and right on track with another for uni, yet I still feel guilty for going out and enjoying myself. I drove and didn't drink (which is fine), but my reasoning was strange. I couldn't possibly do it because if I did, I'd drink too much, get hungover, miss my rescheduled run and... well... you see what's happening here.

Too obsessive? Just overthinking it? Completely within the range of normal? I'm not sure, but I feel that constantly nagging feeling that I'm doing something wrong or I should be doing something else. I don't stop to enjoy my achievements very often. Finished a particularly hard run? Great, so I should've. Got really good marks last semester? Barely blinked an eye. I'm getting the feeling that my life is getting a little too regimented. Or maybe I'm just having a bad day lol!
Not saying it's the same problem. but as well as facing an eating disorder when I was young and going through various anxiety problems (pacing, skin picking) as well as similar kind of over planning and anxiety problems (that thing with running sounds VERY familiar. I can be the same way with my work-outs. Miss one and I'm anxious, miss two and I'm a failure kind of thing) etc.. I was diagnosed with OCD a while ago.

Regardless, I think seeing a therapist would help. If nothing else but to deal with your normal anxiety and have somebody to talk to

Seeking a therapist has really helped me get control of my life and truly enjoy it. I'm not on any medications (and likely never will be) but the tools I've been taught to work through my OCD have helped tremendously.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1138  
Old 11-02-2012, 05:05 PM
Southpaw's Avatar
Southpaw Southpaw is offline
orange iguanas.
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 6,659
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyPug View Post
Also bras are far to expensive... Having boobs costs too much money.
lol it's crazy! I mean... there can't even be that much to them?? Why the high price? And then you're supposed to buy new ones like every 6 months or something. Too much money dumped into this stuff.
__________________
"And if all of it is for naught, well at least I took a shot"

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006
Reply With Quote
  #1139  
Old 11-02-2012, 05:45 PM
Catsi Catsi is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 900
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
Not saying it's the same problem. but as well as facing an eating disorder when I was young and going through various anxiety problems (pacing, skin picking) as well as similar kind of over planning and anxiety problems (that thing with running sounds VERY familiar. I can be the same way with my work-outs. Miss one and I'm anxious, miss two and I'm a failure kind of thing) etc.. I was diagnosed with OCD a while ago.

Regardless, I think seeing a therapist would help. If nothing else but to deal with your normal anxiety and have somebody to talk to

Seeking a therapist has really helped me get control of my life and truly enjoy it. I'm not on any medications (and likely never will be) but the tools I've been taught to work through my OCD have helped tremendously.
Thanks for sharing with me Fran. :-) Perhaps this is something I should consider - nip it in the bud so to speak. Or at least just check in to make sure it's ok and give me some coping strategies. I have a tendency to play down these feelings until they get a little too much... and then I spend most of my time telling myself that I'm just over-reacting. Which I could very well be, but I need to address it, regardless.
Reply With Quote
  #1140  
Old 11-02-2012, 05:46 PM
Grab's Avatar
Grab Grab is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,904
Default

Much irritation about the decision to dock an adult dog's tail today. I'm fine with tail docking..done at the appropriate age or due to medical injury. This dog was a Bully/Shar pei mix of some sort...tiny little Pei ears and a tail that was trying really hard to be Shar Pei like. The owner adopted her from the shelter because "she's clearly a purebred pit bull! I don't know why they said she was a Shar Pei mix..she's clearly purebred!". They pointed out her tiny little foldy forward ears, but he said that 'pit bulls have small ears!" The vet tried to point out that even purebred APBTs don't have docked tails. But, no go. His late dog was a "purebred pit bull" and had a docked tail. So, this dog (who is the same color) must also have one. Apparently he's trying to make her a (vague) clone of his late dog.

What I find most annoying, is that every vet at the practice poo poos ear cropping (and we don't perform it) because it is a cosmetic procedure, but this person can cut off a year old dog's curly up tail....
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:26 AM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site