Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11381  
Old 02-01-2014, 12:12 AM
sillysally's Avatar
sillysally sillysally is offline
Obey the Toad.
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: A hole in the bottom of the sea.
Posts: 4,971
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
Not for the first or last time, I vent about men who think women know nothing about cars. Not someone who (correctly) assumes I can't take one apart and put it back together again, but the ones who assume I don't know what "torque" is or how to drive a manual.

Got one of those the other day - he asked if a car had the 4.0 in it, and I said no, it's a 6cyl engine. He went on to explain that he meant "liters" and ventured into a ramble explaining what engine displacement is to me. I told him that 8 cylinder engines usually had 4 liters and up, and 6cyl engines are usually 3+, so what I meant to say is that I don't know how many liters it is, but it's almost definitely not a 4.0. He had to explain to me that in those years Mazda put a 4.0 V6 in their trucks, and it was the best engine EVAR. Jesus even approved it .

Except, well, THEY DIDN'T. Good luck searching for a mazda with that 4.0 V6, sir. When I need someone to explain to me why my car goes faster with a turbo I'll call you. I'm sure the answer will that turbo stands for two unicorns raining balloons out of you know where gives you more than horsepower. It's unicorn-powered!
If engines involved balloon pooping unicorns, I'd find cars much more interesting.
__________________

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~




Labs do it in the lake.


Reply With Quote
  #11382  
Old 02-01-2014, 12:30 AM
Psyfalcon Psyfalcon is offline
Fishies!
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Oregon
Posts: 2,325
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
Not for the first or last time, I vent about men who think women know nothing about cars. Not someone who (correctly) assumes I can't take one apart and put it back together again, but the ones who assume I don't know what "torque" is or how to drive a manual.

Got one of those the other day - he asked if a car had the 4.0 in it, and I said no, it's a 6cyl engine. He went on to explain that he meant "liters" and ventured into a ramble explaining what engine displacement is to me. I told him that 8 cylinder engines usually had 4 liters and up, and 6cyl engines are usually 3+, so what I meant to say is that I don't know how many liters it is, but it's almost definitely not a 4.0. He had to explain to me that in those years Mazda put a 4.0 V6 in their trucks, and it was the best engine EVAR. Jesus even approved it .

Except, well, THEY DIDN'T. Good luck searching for a mazda with that 4.0 V6, sir. When I need someone to explain to me why my car goes faster with a turbo I'll call you. I'm sure the answer will that turbo stands for two unicorns raining balloons out of you know where gives you more than horsepower. It's unicorn-powered!
They didn't? I was sure they all had the Ford 4.0L V6 available. Rangers required it with 4wd I think.
__________________
Buster
PhotoBlog
Reply With Quote
  #11383  
Old 02-01-2014, 01:02 AM
CharlieDog's Avatar
CharlieDog CharlieDog is offline
Rude and Not Ginger
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 9,069
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
Not for the first or last time, I vent about men who think women know nothing about cars. Not someone who (correctly) assumes I can't take one apart and put it back together again, but the ones who assume I don't know what "torque" is or how to drive a manual.

Got one of those the other day - he asked if a car had the 4.0 in it, and I said no, it's a 6cyl engine. He went on to explain that he meant "liters" and ventured into a ramble explaining what engine displacement is to me. I told him that 8 cylinder engines usually had 4 liters and up, and 6cyl engines are usually 3+, so what I meant to say is that I don't know how many liters it is, but it's almost definitely not a 4.0. He had to explain to me that in those years Mazda put a 4.0 V6 in their trucks, and it was the best engine EVAR. Jesus even approved it .

Except, well, THEY DIDN'T. Good luck searching for a mazda with that 4.0 V6, sir. When I need someone to explain to me why my car goes faster with a turbo I'll call you. I'm sure the answer will that turbo stands for two unicorns raining balloons out of you know where gives you more than horsepower. It's unicorn-powered!

I know sh*t all about Mazdas, but I do know Jeep has a 4.0 Inline 6 engine. Arguably the best engine they ever built too.

Also not sure about Rangers, but I know my 4 cylinder Ranger was a 2.3 liter. My moms Land Rover was a V8 that was a 4.0 liter. (I think. I'll have to ask my mom)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11384  
Old 02-01-2014, 01:39 AM
noludoru's Avatar
noludoru noludoru is offline
Bored Now.
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 17,407
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyfalcon View Post
They didn't? I was sure they all had the Ford 4.0L V6 available. Rangers required it with 4wd I think.
Carfax turned up a 3.6 or something, which was what I remembered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieDog View Post
I know sh*t all about Mazdas, but I do know Jeep has a 4.0 Inline 6 engine. Arguably the best engine they ever built too.

Also not sure about Rangers, but I know my 4 cylinder Ranger was a 2.3 liter. My moms Land Rover was a V8 that was a 4.0 liter. (I think. I'll have to ask my mom)
4 liters are usually V8s.

And Jeep's legendary 4.0 doesn't count here. Best engine Jeep ever built and probably one of the best engines of that time period. I didn't think of that one.

My issue really wasn't whether which engine was in which car. My issue was when I said "six cylinder" that he tried to explain to me what displacement was. And it wasn't a short ramble. And then I basically was asked whether I knew what a clutch was. No, sir, I just don't drive the standard cars on the lot. I also teleport back and forth to work.

New work vent: Coworkers wont stop teasing me about stalker dude. He's finally stopped calling and stopped showing up at the dealership, though. For one whole day.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha's pet View Post
And it's a turbo so it gets good mileage.
Reply With Quote
  #11385  
Old 02-01-2014, 11:46 AM
Dogdragoness's Avatar
Dogdragoness Dogdragoness is offline
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gillett/San Antonio TX
Posts: 3,364
Default

My vent? It's fixing to get cold AND aunt flow is due about the same time it's supposed to get cold ****
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #11386  
Old 02-01-2014, 12:53 PM
crazedACD crazedACD is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: MA
Posts: 2,685
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
My vent? It's fixing to get cold AND aunt flow is due about the same time it's supposed to get cold ****
WHY DO YOU ALWAYS TALK ABOUT YOUR PERIOD. I am more familiar with your cycle than mine.

__________________

Reply With Quote
  #11387  
Old 02-01-2014, 05:18 PM
Saeleofu Saeleofu is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,036
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedACD View Post
WHY DO YOU ALWAYS TALK ABOUT YOUR PERIOD. I am more familiar with your cycle than mine.

Well if I had one every freaking month I'd probably vent about it seemingly all the time too lol
Reply With Quote
  #11388  
Old 02-01-2014, 05:20 PM
*blackrose's Avatar
*blackrose *blackrose is offline
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 5,774
Default

Bleh. Last evening with Mike for another month. *sigh*
__________________

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Reply With Quote
  #11389  
Old 02-01-2014, 05:23 PM
CharlieDog's Avatar
CharlieDog CharlieDog is offline
Rude and Not Ginger
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 9,069
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post

4 liters are usually V8s.

And Jeep's legendary 4.0 doesn't count here. Best engine Jeep ever built and probably one of the best engines of that time period. I didn't think of that one.

My issue really wasn't whether which engine was in which car. My issue was when I said "six cylinder" that he tried to explain to me what displacement was. And it wasn't a short ramble. And then I basically was asked whether I knew what a clutch was. No, sir, I just don't drive the standard cars on the lot. I also teleport back and forth to work.
Lol. Don't you know women belong in the kitchen making sandwiches and babies and not behind the wheel of a car, let alone one with a standard transmission? (I really wish standards/5speeds/clutches were the standard still. It's disappointing how they're going away and how many people can't drive one.)



Can I borrow your teleport?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11390  
Old 02-02-2014, 11:27 AM
Paige's Avatar
Paige Paige is offline
Let it be
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 7,359
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedACD View Post
WHY DO YOU ALWAYS TALK ABOUT YOUR PERIOD. I am more familiar with your cycle than mine.

Because periods are the devil!

Unless you don't want to be pregnant. Then they are amazing.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:52 AM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site