Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-01-2014, 12:12 AM
Obey the Toad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
Not for the first or last time, I vent about men who think women know nothing about cars. Not someone who (correctly) assumes I can't take one apart and put it back together again, but the ones who assume I don't know what "torque" is or how to drive a manual.

Got one of those the other day - he asked if a car had the 4.0 in it, and I said no, it's a 6cyl engine. He went on to explain that he meant "liters" and ventured into a ramble explaining what engine displacement is to me. I told him that 8 cylinder engines usually had 4 liters and up, and 6cyl engines are usually 3+, so what I meant to say is that I don't know how many liters it is, but it's almost definitely not a 4.0. He had to explain to me that in those years Mazda put a 4.0 V6 in their trucks, and it was the best engine EVAR. Jesus even approved it .

Except, well, THEY DIDN'T. Good luck searching for a mazda with that 4.0 V6, sir. When I need someone to explain to me why my car goes faster with a turbo I'll call you. I'm sure the answer will that turbo stands for two unicorns raining balloons out of you know where gives you more than horsepower. It's unicorn-powered!
If engines involved balloon pooping unicorns, I'd find cars much more interesting.

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 02-01-2014, 12:30 AM
Fishies!

Quote:
Not for the first or last time, I vent about men who think women know nothing about cars. Not someone who (correctly) assumes I can't take one apart and put it back together again, but the ones who assume I don't know what "torque" is or how to drive a manual.

Got one of those the other day - he asked if a car had the 4.0 in it, and I said no, it's a 6cyl engine. He went on to explain that he meant "liters" and ventured into a ramble explaining what engine displacement is to me. I told him that 8 cylinder engines usually had 4 liters and up, and 6cyl engines are usually 3+, so what I meant to say is that I don't know how many liters it is, but it's almost definitely not a 4.0. He had to explain to me that in those years Mazda put a 4.0 V6 in their trucks, and it was the best engine EVAR. Jesus even approved it .

Except, well, THEY DIDN'T. Good luck searching for a mazda with that 4.0 V6, sir. When I need someone to explain to me why my car goes faster with a turbo I'll call you. I'm sure the answer will that turbo stands for two unicorns raining balloons out of you know where gives you more than horsepower. It's unicorn-powered!
They didn't? I was sure they all had the Ford 4.0L V6 available. Rangers required it with 4wd I think.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:02 AM
Rude and Not Ginger

Quote:

I know sh*t all about Mazdas, but I do know Jeep has a 4.0 Inline 6 engine. Arguably the best engine they ever built too.

Also not sure about Rangers, but I know my 4 cylinder Ranger was a 2.3 liter. My moms Land Rover was a V8 that was a 4.0 liter. (I think. I'll have to ask my mom)
Old 02-01-2014, 01:39 AM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyfalcon View Post
They didn't? I was sure they all had the Ford 4.0L V6 available. Rangers required it with 4wd I think.
Carfax turned up a 3.6 or something, which was what I remembered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieDog View Post
I know sh*t all about Mazdas, but I do know Jeep has a 4.0 Inline 6 engine. Arguably the best engine they ever built too.

Also not sure about Rangers, but I know my 4 cylinder Ranger was a 2.3 liter. My moms Land Rover was a V8 that was a 4.0 liter. (I think. I'll have to ask my mom)
4 liters are usually V8s.

And Jeep's legendary 4.0 doesn't count here. Best engine Jeep ever built and probably one of the best engines of that time period. I didn't think of that one.

My issue really wasn't whether which engine was in which car. My issue was when I said "six cylinder" that he tried to explain to me what displacement was. And it wasn't a short ramble. And then I basically was asked whether I knew what a clutch was. No, sir, I just don't drive the standard cars on the lot. I also teleport back and forth to work.

New work vent: Coworkers wont stop teasing me about stalker dude. He's finally stopped calling and stopped showing up at the dealership, though. For one whole day.
Old 02-01-2014, 11:46 AM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

My vent? It's fixing to get cold AND aunt flow is due about the same time it's supposed to get cold ****

Old 02-01-2014, 12:53 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
My vent? It's fixing to get cold AND aunt flow is due about the same time it's supposed to get cold ****
WHY DO YOU ALWAYS TALK ABOUT YOUR PERIOD. I am more familiar with your cycle than mine.

Old 02-01-2014, 05:18 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedACD View Post
WHY DO YOU ALWAYS TALK ABOUT YOUR PERIOD. I am more familiar with your cycle than mine.

Well if I had one every freaking month I'd probably vent about it seemingly all the time too lol
Old 02-01-2014, 05:20 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Bleh. Last evening with Mike for another month. *sigh*

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Old 02-01-2014, 05:23 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

Quote:

4 liters are usually V8s.

And Jeep's legendary 4.0 doesn't count here. Best engine Jeep ever built and probably one of the best engines of that time period. I didn't think of that one.

My issue really wasn't whether which engine was in which car. My issue was when I said "six cylinder" that he tried to explain to me what displacement was. And it wasn't a short ramble. And then I basically was asked whether I knew what a clutch was. No, sir, I just don't drive the standard cars on the lot. I also teleport back and forth to work.
Lol. Don't you know women belong in the kitchen making sandwiches and babies and not behind the wheel of a car, let alone one with a standard transmission? (I really wish standards/5speeds/clutches were the standard still. It's disappointing how they're going away and how many people can't drive one.)

Can I borrow your teleport?
Old 02-02-2014, 11:27 AM
Let it be

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedACD View Post

Because periods are the devil!

Unless you don't want to be pregnant. Then they are amazing.