Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-23-2014, 07:07 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs6 View Post
No I work with event horses. He's just a big silly youngster who went from living out in a field to being stabled constantly. He's also very fit and the walker just isn't enough for him on the days he's not ridden. He has thrown every rider on the yard and injured every groom in one way or another. He's a genuinely nice horse but the energy just builds up in him until he explodes.
We have a bottle of acepromazine for that, one CC is usually enough to kind of take the edge off some of our friskier ones on bad days when they can't be ridden. It's worse down here because the horses aren't used to cold weather like we are getting now ... The ace keeps them safe too so they don't hurt us or themselves

Old 01-23-2014, 07:26 PM
Top Dog

I am slowly but surely beginning to realize that it isn't going to stop. I have her blocked and deleted everywhere. I have anyone that talks about her blocked and deleted everywhere. But no matter what, she won't stop stalking.

I will never live in peace. It is a miserable existence. Everyone tells me to ignore it, don't focus on it, it is okay.

There isn't enough Xanax, sleep, or alcohol in the world to make me OKAY with the idea that every few months she will find a way to stalk and poke and prod. Until forever. Until I am dead or she ages past the point of remembering me. And that could be decades of waiting.

But it isn't ever going to stop. What is the point in trying to fight it so hard? Useless energy, trying to do anything at all.

Lyz and Zander
zaner-waner-fluffy-butt <3

'05 Siberian Husky

Old 01-23-2014, 07:50 PM

My vent: ITS COLD... BOO! >_<

Old 01-23-2014, 10:00 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
My vent: ITS COLD... BOO! >_<
Seconded! For once I would like to be able to walk outside without my nose hair freezing and if I'm not wearing gloves my fingers going numb after about 5 seconds. BRRRRRRR! The windchill is supposed to be -25* tomorrow...and my phone currently says it feels -13*. Can it please warm up to maybe, I don't know....30*? And it is supposed to stay this cold for at least the next ten days...or so says the ten day forcast on my phone.

At least I own dogs that don't mind the cold. I can't imagine having a smooth coated dog in this weather.

Old 01-23-2014, 10:14 PM
orange iguanas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
I can't imagine having a smooth coated dog in this weather.
LOL. Juno has not been out to potty for over 12 hours.... and uh, she's in bed for the night now, so I guess she's trying to go for 24 hours?

And then there's Happy, who plops herself down in a snowbank and grooms herself for half an hour like it's balmy out there.

I'm upset that tomorrow is going to be nice, with a high of like 35. REALLY? The day that I work? I had off today, oh okay let's be negative a billion degrees. I have this weekend off, okay let's be in the single digits. I hate you, weather.

My real vent is that I feel like I have hair or something stuck in my throat and it just won't go away. Doesn't matter if I eat, drink, try hacking my lungs up... it just continues to feel fuzzy.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006
Old 01-24-2014, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Seconded! For once I would like to be able to walk outside without my nose hair freezing and if I'm not wearing gloves my fingers going numb after about 5 seconds. BRRRRRRR! The windchill is supposed to be -25* tomorrow...and my phone currently says it feels -13*. Can it please warm up to maybe, I don't know....30*? And it is supposed to stay this cold for at least the next ten days...or so says the ten day forcast on my phone.

At least I own dogs that don't mind the cold. I can't imagine having a smooth coated dog in this weather.
Me either! I have tough double coated cattle dogs and a thick coated shepherd mix. The only one who needs his clothes is the JRT since he has long hair but it's not thick so he wears a sweater and two blankets in weather like this.

What also sucks is since our weather is a roller coaster like, it makes horses and people sick I can't wait til "sprummer" (we really don't have a spring season ... More like a spring MONTH so we call it "sprummer" lol)

The high is supposed to be about 35 today *_*, the cold weather can go back up north now K thx.

Old 01-24-2014, 09:20 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

I'm pretty sure I just hate everyone. Everyone and everything annoys me. I swear I never used to be like this. I mean everyone has that teen angst thing going on when they're young but besides that I used to have such a different view of the world. I used to be happy and everything was rainbows and butterflies but now everything just pisses me off. /endrant /I'mcoolnow

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 01-24-2014, 09:40 AM
Higbread Dingbat

Quote:
I can't imagine having a smooth coated dog in this weather.
I'm surprised with Ruby, this is our first winter with her. Single smooth coated little terrier type.
I thought for sure she would need a coat, especially with this crazy cold we've been getting here in Ontario. But nope, she's happier in the cold that Rigby!
Old 01-24-2014, 09:44 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

My kingdom for somebody who knows how to communicate. I'm not even saying communicates well. Just knows HOW to communicate.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA NAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 01-24-2014, 09:53 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Why must I stress about things that I don't 110% know what is going on?

I HATE not having all of my ducks in a row, especially when it comes to driving somewhere or accomplishing a task (or, in this case, both). I don't really know where I'm going, I don't really know if I'm going to the right place, I don't really know if I have all of the paperwork I need, and I have no idea how things are going to proceed when I get there.

And this is FREAKING ME OUT.

I have issues.