Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-22-2014, 11:22 PM
Wookie Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
I applied at a vet clinic yesterday. Apparently they're already calling my references, and I have not hear *anything* from them - who does that? Don't you usually call references AFTER an interview??? That really irks me...
We called references before interviewing, at my store.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 01-22-2014, 11:53 PM
Top Dog

I never used to give references, because I have no family or friends and I hadn't worked in two years before this job. I at least have two work-related references now, but I still refuse to give non-work related references. I don't really see the point, let alone the lack of which.

My vent: I haven't worked more than a shift or two in three weeks because my DM is dragging his feet about moving me. And my new store manager is either dragging his feet or hasn't even been informed of my transfer. GRRRR. It might be new job time. I can't afford this.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:14 AM
Twin 2.0

I overdid it on the slopes today, especially after doing an intense leg day at the gym on Monday. My knee is killing me and my legs are going to fall off.

AND I WANT TO DO IT AGAIN.

Also, Huck is getting spayed to tomorrow and I'm kind of nervous. I've never been to this vet before and while I don't think it'll be too big of a deal, I'm not going to be home at all on Friday (8:30a-9p shift) and I just worry about aftercare.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:45 AM
Plus One

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardogs View Post
Tell me about it - I sprained my ankle 2.5 weeks ago and I'm still on rest. It sucks. You can't walk dogs or do much training with a bum ankle and it's my right so I couldn't drive for like 10 days. >.<
Oh no! I'm ridiculously bored already I couldn't imagine over 2.5 weeks! And at least I can still drive I just have to drive as little as possible. Anything over 10-15 miles gets painful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
Yay for crazy horses :/ that's why we always do them in the stall lol and the first thing they get is sedative before we do anything else (tho some even fight sedated ).

We will have to do a bunch of coggins' and teeth floats on a barn of crazy on edge race horses :/
I was taking him from the walker to his stall. Not even trying to do anything to him. He was rearing and bucking and attempting to bolt and I only had a halter on him to hold him. He managed to kick me as well the cheeky brute! And one of the other grooms came up to help me and he spun around and lashed out at her as well. He isn't a nasty horse he just hasn't been exercised the day before because of bad weather.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:49 AM
Kung Pow Fish

jerkwad roommate left me a passive aggressive nasty note telling me im evicted tomorrow. now thats not how it works, you cant just give someone 24 hours, i need 30 days and a formal notice to quit, but that doesnt stop this from stressing me out and worrying that he will do some **** like throw my stuff out and change the locks and call a/c on my dogs, and my stress levels and blood pressure are through the roof. man **** all this. i just need the money to move so i can GO. huzzah anxiety attacks!
Old 01-23-2014, 10:04 AM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
I overdid it on the slopes today, especially after doing an intense leg day at the gym on Monday. My knee is killing me and my legs are going to fall off.

AND I WANT TO DO IT AGAIN.

Also, Huck is getting spayed to tomorrow and I'm kind of nervous. I've never been to this vet before and while I don't think it'll be too big of a deal, I'm not going to be home at all on Friday (8:30a-9p shift) and I just worry about aftercare.
I can possibly help if needed. But if she has light sedatives and is locked in your room, she's fine.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:07 PM
Twin 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
I can possibly help if needed. But if she has light sedatives and is locked in your room, she's fine.
That's kind of what I was thinking, but aren't they not supposed to jump? She has to leap to get on my bed and to the table where I keep some water for her.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:37 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs6 View Post
Oh no! I'm ridiculously bored already I couldn't imagine over 2.5 weeks! And at least I can still drive I just have to drive as little as possible. Anything over 10-15 miles gets painful

I was taking him from the walker to his stall. Not even trying to do anything to him. He was rearing and bucking and attempting to bolt and I only had a halter on him to hold him. He managed to kick me as well the cheeky brute! And one of the other grooms came up to help me and he spun around and lashed out at her as well. He isn't a nasty horse he just hasn't been exercised the day before because of bad weather.
Race horses?

Yet another reason to hate the cold weather ... It seems to make them extra frisky ! ESP down here because we don't have steady cold weather, it will be warm (60's/40's) for a while then drop to 30's/20's with rain and damp/cold. We got some of them exceed used before the weather got really bad. Almost all of ours were just like that this morning. Some were so crazy that we had to give a few acepromazine (spelling???) just so they wouldn't hurt themselves :/

Old 01-23-2014, 01:47 PM
Duuuuude.

I really wish I didn't have to be out in the cold while I'm sick. Come on, background check, go through so I can quit this job!

Kendall & the Red Dogs: Rowan & Riff
Old 01-23-2014, 02:10 PM
Top Dog

Gross...but gah, it hurts!

I have a HUGE cyst/zit thing on my face, kind of right above the outside half of my eyebrow. I can feel it swelling, and it actually throbs a bit:/