Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 09-10-2012, 10:55 PM
Will Creep For Sheep

I bought a kangaroo leather show lead from this person up in Canada. I had ordered from her before with no problems, and I loved my leash from her so I ordered again. She never sent me the leash, and said that she was too busy to make it so she'd send me a refund. That was over 6 MONTHS AGO. She kept reassuring me that she'd send the refund, so that I missed the time period that you can "report" something on Paypal as fraud. I email her every month or so, reminding her, and she hasn't responded or she's said "I will get to it soon, so sorry!!"- and yeah, still sitting here without a leash and without $77. FML. I am super pissed.

www.brigadoonbordercollies.com
http://brigadoonbc.wordpress.com/

Do you want your dog to respect you because you demanded it, or because you truly earned it?
Old 09-10-2012, 10:59 PM
Top Dog

I found out today that I have to find a new daycare in January. We've had a private person (wife of husband's coworker) who has watched Clive in her home (with one other child here and there) since he was 5 weeks. She's decided to no longer watch other kids.

I've never had to do a public daycare. The one we toured before going with a private individual was skeery. As a bonus, my work hours suck to go along with daycare hours. People are fabulous about sharing tales of bitten children and such.

I'd hoped he'd be able to go here for another year or so until he moved on to preschool. Blah. If there were a viable job force in town, I'd take a third shift job so he could just stay home.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:00 PM
Top Dog

I just stumbled upon this blog. I'm going to vomit. Ugh.

http://thetruthaboutpitbulls.blogspot.com/
Old 09-10-2012, 11:03 PM
I'm All Ears

I swear lately that work is just wiping me out. That plus the thousand things I have to do all the time. It's like every weekend or day off I have family members coming into town or I'm having to go to someone's birthday or something.

I love them but I haven't had a weekend to myself in ages. And this upcoming weekend more family is coming in. But I haven't seen them in a long time. But I still just want a weekend where I don't have to entertain and have more time to catch up on housework and things like that.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:08 AM
LABRADERP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Dixie's_Mom~ View Post
Sorry but when someone tells me they're going to do something I expect them to do it. Especially a professional. I made it clear that 5 hours was all I could work and was assured those were the hours I'd be working. I'm aware of the fact that she was nice to give me the 5hrs I asked for, I clearly stated so. However I'm unable to work 8 hours (which is what it actually is, 7 was a typo) and I already went out of my way and worked extra hours last week when they didn't have anyone to work and it nearly killed me. They assured me I'd only have those hours for that one week and that after that I would have 5hrs a day max. And I already know this isn't the job for me, I'm already applying other places lol. It doesn't change the fact that my manager told me one thing and did something else. Doesn't exactly make me happy to work at a place that doesn't keep it's promises to its employees.
Welcome to retail, and honestly what is wrong with working more then the 5 hours a day? I mean how many hours a week are you working?

I get it hurts, but what stops you from working? Are you still in school? Are you working to pay bills?

I work in retail and I can tell you most places is like that.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:27 AM
Glutton for Crazy

I worked 13 hrs today. Tomorrow I work 11. My neck hurts. Whomp.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:29 AM
Twin 2.0

I was in a car wreck two weeks ago and am still working 50 hours a week. Suck it up and welcome to adult life.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:49 AM
Top Dog

I worked 8 hours today but groomed 17 dogs. I am dead r
Tired. Then I had a meeting tonight and just got home.
The OldMan Hobie-CGC Rotten Old Dog 11/14/99-01/08/2013
Talulajhs RedChrome Kahpone-CGC TT BH TDI 10/31/04-06/07/10.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:54 AM
Felurian

Quote:
It doesn't change the fact that my manager told me one thing and did something else. Doesn't exactly make me happy to work at a place that doesn't keep it's promises to its employees.
Sadly, this is pretty much how it works on most jobs, retail or otherwise.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 09-11-2012, 12:55 AM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Sorry but when someone tells me they're going to do something I expect them to do it. Especially a professional. I made it clear that 5 hours was all I could work and was assured those were the hours I'd be working. I'm aware of the fact that she was nice to give me the 5hrs I asked for, I clearly stated so. However I'm unable to work 8 hours (which is what it actually is, 7 was a typo) and I already went out of my way and worked extra hours last week when they didn't have anyone to work and it nearly killed me. They assured me I'd only have those hours for that one week and that after that I would have 5hrs a day max. And I already know this isn't the job for me, I'm already applying other places lol. It doesn't change the fact that my manager told me one thing and did something else. Doesn't exactly make me happy to work at a place that doesn't keep it's promises to its employees.
But didn't you tell her AFTER you were hired that you wanted to work no more than 5 hours? So really, you broke your promise to her to work when needed? That's how I understood it, at least.

I'm not sure about where you live, but here, you legally can't hire somebody/make them come in for a 2 hour shift. So she was likely trying to keep a decent number of hours for you. If it happens again, ask somebody else to work that shift for you, or ask them to give it to somebody else. It's really that easy.

Being an adult sucks.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13