Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-26-2013, 02:41 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlottMom View Post
I went online and opened the lab results from work and Daisy's kidneys are going bad , when they were perfect two and a half months ago
I'm sorry! Kidney stuff can be so scary!

Don't rule out an infection! Buzz and Bailey were diagnosed with renal failure--both of them had an infection!

Also, tripe is a fabulous source of low phos protein. It is a staple of Buzz's maintenance diet and it was his only protein source while we worked to get his kidney values back to normal (I fed it with either Sojos or HK base foods).
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 12-26-2013, 02:45 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlottMom View Post
I went online and opened the lab results from work and Daisy's kidneys are going bad , when they were perfect two and a half months ago
Lots of good thoughts and love for Daisy and you <3
Old 12-26-2013, 02:46 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
I had a feeling but was trying to be all positive about it, like "oh well maybe they're just busy... since it's the holidays... and that's why they haven't called about a second interview yet..."
Can't do the whole fake optimism thing when they send you your rejection letter.

So fake optimism until you know differently! Delays the depression by a few days at least.
Awh.

I mean, I got an email about a pre-employment screening background check, two weeks after my last interview (working)... so you'd think that would be good. But it's been a week since then. -_-

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 12-26-2013, 02:50 PM
Top Dog

Bailey, who still hasn't recovered from her last health scare, broke a premolar. It is broken off at the gumline, but still attached by gum. How did she do that? I have no freaking idea.

So, in addition to not being totally healthy, she's supposed to go to Florida next Friday. Luckily, her regular vet is great. They're squeezing her in next Thursday. So, while it's not ideal to go under anesthesia and lose a tooth one day then be in the car for a billion hours the next day, at least it's (hopefully) getting taken care of before she leaves.

My biggest fear is that her bloodwork still won't be back to normal. We haven't rechecked her bloodwork yet because we were going to do it the week she was leaving.

So frustrated, and nervous. This dog is the most expensive and heartwrenching ever.

So, I guess we need good thoughts that her bloodwork will be good enough to go under, and that they don't find anything else nasty when they xray the tooth. Urrrrggggh!
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 12-26-2013, 02:57 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerLover View Post
Bailey, who still hasn't recovered from her last health scare, broke a premolar. It is broken off at the gumline, but still attached by gum. How did she do that? I have no freaking idea.

So, in addition to not being totally healthy, she's supposed to go to Florida next Friday. Luckily, her regular vet is great. They're squeezing her in next Thursday. So, while it's not ideal to go under anesthesia and lose a tooth one day then be in the car for a billion hours the next day, at least it's (hopefully) getting taken care of before she leaves.

My biggest fear is that her bloodwork still won't be back to normal. We haven't rechecked her bloodwork yet because we were going to do it the week she was leaving.

So frustrated, and nervous. This dog is the most expensive and heartwrenching ever.

So, I guess we need good thoughts that her bloodwork will be good enough to go under, and that they don't find anything else nasty when they xray the tooth. Urrrrggggh!
Yikes, poor Bailey and poor you Lots of good thoughts for her as well, and keeping fingers crossed that her bloodwork is back to normal.
Old 12-26-2013, 02:58 PM
The Littlest Hound

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerLover View Post

Big vibes for Bailey! And I will be PMing you in the near future I'm sure... I know the people I work with are going to be pushing for low protein icky prescription diets but when I ran bloodwork 10/11 it was PERFECT. Shes been raw fed for like 9 years so I'm really hesitant to change.. she did having a raging bacterial cystitis around the same time so I'm praying for an infection/miracle. I can't decide if this has been the best Christmas (yay vet school!) Or the worst (zomg Daisy! )

The Plotts:
UKC GRCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Liz
CH CCH CA 'PR' Jebb's Bayou Rage OFA Hips: Good

And the "off-colored" hounds:
Daisy Duke Garrett CGC, RA & my <3 dog (basset)

Very Missed:
UKC GRCH CCH 'PR' Skyplott Teddy Bearhug
UKC CH CCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Irresistible You
'PR' Dead River K-N-A Swagger - the BAD puppy!
(and Autumn, the feist.)
Old 12-26-2013, 06:33 PM
Big Dog

Lost one of my Guinea Pigs on Christmas Eve then lost my Cat on Christmas. Hard to enjoy what I got when can't stop being upset over them and missing them both.
Old 12-26-2013, 06:55 PM
Top Dog

Wow that's a tough Christmas for sure
Old 12-26-2013, 07:41 PM
Bored Now.

I am so much more irritated about this than I should be.

People walk in, I say hello and ask if I can help them with any cars. Husband ignores me, wife says no, puts her hand out as if to stop me, turns away. Okay, cool. I go back to my work.

I check on them when they bring out a measuring tape and ask if I can answer any questions about the cars, offer water/coffee, grab him a water... They again say they don't want help, turn their backs on me, and continue talking.

My male coworker asks if they need help, OH YES! We were waiting for a salesman. We had questions.

GO DIE.
Old 12-26-2013, 08:49 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Blech... Sick of the chronic complainers on facebook. The people who do NOTHING but bitch. I realize some people truly have it bad but UGH there are some who are just determined to look at the sh!tty side
Of things... Who chase their happiness everywhere and when they get there, thu realize that they are still not happy.

Sucky attitude=sucky life

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney