Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-29-2012, 11:12 AM
Glutton for Crazy

I hate that feeling whn someone you like invites you to like their FB page but its something you struggle with supporting.

Because of where I live and dock dogs I get a lot of very nice people who are collar trainers asking me to like their personal business pages. Errr mmmm I... Didn't see the invite. Lalalala
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.

Last edited by AdrianneIsabel; 10-29-2012 at 12:02 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:59 PM
aka RedHotBabe

I fell off a skateboard on Saturday. Hard. I can't even just lay down comfortably and sleep.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:54 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Not really a vent as much as it is just sad news that I didn't think needed a whole thread of it's own.

When i was a kid we would go up to our trailer every weekend and on our strip was a man we all called "Papa Cleve" (his name was cleaveland... and he lived in Ohio LOL). He was an older black man and he and his wife were the sweetest, friendlies couple and everyone loved them.

I just got word tonight that he passed away last week He would have been a ripe old age by now but still... it's so sad to think Papa Cleve is no longer with us. My heart hurts with this news

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 10-29-2012, 07:25 PM
Kotah BEAR

Aw Tanya, I am so sorry. May he RIP.
I love sweet old people, they are sometimes some of the happiest people alive.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:27 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakotah View Post
Aw Tanya, I am so sorry. May he RIP.
I love sweet old people, they are sometimes some of the happiest people alive.
thanks

I haven't been in touch with him for many years but I've never forgotten about him. I called my mom as soon as I found out and told her. We;ve lost three people in the last two months from our days at the trailer and it's so shocking.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 10-29-2012, 07:43 PM
Top Dog

I can't figure out if I like Jin's schedule this week. He posted today, he'll be gone today, tomorrow, and come home Wednesday. Then Thursday he has a PT test(lots of stress there). Plus we have to get my visa and passport set up. Plus more Italy paperwork he hasn't done thus far. Then he leaves again Saturday, so only two busy days home before another three days out.

Then he comes home for 6 days to do more appointments. Like gun training(16 hour day), more paperwork, more appointments, etc, etc.

Next two weeks are going to be high stress. Although if he can just pass this PT test, I could deal with the rest.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:16 PM
We are Home.

I found out today some of our family has been talking behind our backs about Jeremy. Saying he must be abusing the children or something because I cant leave Morgan alone with him to do things with Bev. It freaking has NOTHING to do with that. It has to do with him not understanding what Morgan needs. Jeremy doesnt understand how to relate to his son. I wish to god he did. I wish he didnt struggle to "get" his kids but he does. I dont leave them alone because it results in two very frustrated people that have no clue how to handle the frustration. There are days all I can do is run interference. I can't imagine how it would be if Jeremy didn't actually care. It kills him that his 4 year old understands how to interact with his son better then he does. He feels like a failure because I can depend more on help from Bev then him. He knows its all I can do to feed clothe and do the basic things day in and day out right now at least until we get a therapist to help us get things going. Hopefully they can help Jeremy learn how to be with his son and not cause the frustrations that he does. I just wish somedays that my little family was normal that the things that come easy to other families would come easy to us. Ive had people with more kids then we have in the age ranges we have including 2 sets of twins say they dont think they could do it day in and day out. Ive lost friends because of this, my family has turned on us now. Not that they were supportive before now they liked to call Morgan stupid because he would cry when he didnt understand things. Berate me for allowing Bev to help. I know this seems silly but I don't know what I would do if I didnt have Bev.

Ive been needing to get all that out.

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 10-29-2012, 10:08 PM
I'm All Ears

My bed frame finally crapped out on me. I propped up one side almost a year ago. Now the other gave out. Poo. Yay sleeping on a mattress on the floor for a week!
Old 10-29-2012, 10:33 PM
Top Dog

I just did something terrible. And by terrible, I mean something that is good, but generally something that is going to get my hopes up. And I want to spill. But I don't want to get my hopes up and get all excited and sharing when nothing is in stone yet. More vent because Dh was totally not a voice of reason in this.

We'll see.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:41 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
I just did something terrible. And by terrible, I mean something that is good, but generally something that is going to get my hopes up. And I want to spill. But I don't want to get my hopes up and get all excited and sharing when nothing is in stone yet. More vent because Dh was totally not a voice of reason in this.

We'll see.
Puppy?

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13