Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-19-2013, 09:43 PM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardogs View Post
If the school tries to brush this off (which I can't even wrap my mind around, though I know it happens), I think this would def be something the media should be brought in on, honestly. Horrific stuff.
+1. This is just awful, and while I think the bullies need help the rest of the kids at the school need and deserve a safe environment as well.

Old 12-19-2013, 09:55 PM
Top Dog

Exactly, having sympathy and compassion for the bully's background (when warranted) is not the same as giving them a free pass and allowing them to inflict their pain on others
Old 12-19-2013, 11:06 PM
Richy Rich HM Twit!

So, first Fedex delivers a package I shipped to the wrong address. Today they misplace a box with a $200 item in it. So not happy.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:01 AM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
Having a family with money does not by any means mean they have a happy home life. Having rich parents or having parents who spoil doesn't mean those same parents aren't abusive. There is no income bracket where abuse or homes with violence starts/ends.
You don't know what their lives were like unless you lived with them.
and as I said, not all bullies come from unhealthy homes, but I believe it's something that should be looked into.

"well those kids are assholes" doesn't solve anything. Throwing them in detention or out of sight usually doesn't solve anything either (which is why so many kids hesitate to tell about bullies, as if detention after-school is going to do anything but make them angrier) AND HITTING THEM **** well doesn't solve anything except to teach them that hitting is a great way to vent their anger or get things done (I mean, it's what adults do right?)

I believe there is always a root/reason to why bullies bully, and the only way to stop it is to teach them better, teach them to channel that anger or whatever in other ways and find out what the reason is behind that and of course, in the mean time, keep them from actively using that outlet/hurting others.

Even if that reason for bullying is "just because I can" or testing their limits or power trips or stupid schoolyard politics or hormones.. it's a reason. And kids are smarter than we give them credit for and perhaps with a bit of time, management and teaching them empathy and understanding and consequences.. they would stop.

I don't work with kids.. but just by knowing kids and from what I can remember of being a kid who had to deal with bullies..that's my 2 cents.
I am not on the "lets not hit precious little darlings" bandwagon I guess it's because I was raised that if you did something bad that warranted it ... It's not like my parents were barbarians who beat the crap out of me daily but being rude or talking back (to anyone)= soap in the mouth and if I had treated another kid like this without good reason (like if they were hurting me and I fought back) yeah ... I would have had my hide tanned.

And while I don't know If this is the case with these kids ... But yes some kids are just mean spirited assholes by nature. It's sad but true. But I think we can all agree that no kid should have to go through this, I mean we aren't talking pushing or giving a kid a swirly or pegging him with spitballs (All aren't any better ... By the way) we are talking about a kid who WENT TO THE ER ... That shows another level of vindictiveness IMHO.

Old 12-20-2013, 12:18 AM
Obey the Toad.

As far as I'm concerned when a kid has sent another child to the ER it is time to remove that child from the school and put him in an alternative environment where he can be more closely managed. Frankly, your average public school does not have the resources to both provide therapy and individually manage the behavior of violent students. These students need to be removed for the safety of others. I'm sorry the kids home life sucks, but you know what? LOTS of kids have sucky home lives and don't do serious physical damage to other kids.

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 12-20-2013, 03:27 PM
Top Dog

I'm not sure if I should be okay with the fact that whatever I have is cycling through pretty . quickly or annoyed that I am now dealing with an itchy throat and feel like I am drowning because it has all settled in my lungs again.

So I am sitting in Urgent Care just waiting. At least I can get this UTI taken care of I guess
Old 12-20-2013, 06:45 PM
Top Dog

So I "officially" have POTS and HEDS with crossovers...so there's that
Old 12-20-2013, 06:48 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

I'm so beyond irritated with work it's not even funny. What's even more irritating is that I'm not allowed to even vent about it on here. Ugh.
Old 12-20-2013, 07:20 PM
Twin 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoLeigh View Post
So I "officially" have POTS and HEDS with crossovers...so there's that
I think I'm delirious, because all this sentence means to me is "SUBARU CUSTOMER".

Speaking of, my fever came back and I feel like I'm drunk (dizzy, lightheaded) without the fun of getting there. I have a ton of appointments set for this weekend and I don't know if I can actually take them.
Old 12-20-2013, 07:25 PM
Top Dog

113 hours at work over the past two weeks....Can this year be done? Can someone get me a new job?

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/