Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-18-2013, 11:04 AM
Wookie Collie

Today at the dentist, I found out what happens when lidocaine is injected directly into a nerve while freezing locally.

Pain followed by numbness shot through my face immediately. My whole left side of my face. Now not only is my mouth all numbed, but I have odd shots of weakness/numbness down my arm and periodic spots in my eyes.

Only another hour or two of this. Jesus.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 12-18-2013, 12:55 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliciaD View Post
Beanie, when your aunt say "oh" just smile sweetly and say "oh is right!" or do it with a completely straight face, whatever plays to your strengths more.

On a serious note, that really sucks. People should recognize that not everyone has the money, plus it sounds like you buy gifts for a few people.
The irony is my aunt doesn't have a lot of money either. Or at least complains she doesn't. She's the biggest reason I always make sure I have affordable stuff on my list.
We buy stuff for the entire family. More and more I'm realizing that doesn't happen that often. My mom hates it too, not because they can't afford it, but because it's a bit of a cluster. She wants us to switch to doing Secret Santa style, where we only buy for one person. That's what my BIL's family does. Much less stressful, and also, that would mean everybody would probably get REALLY good presents because instead of having to divide my money out across everybody I would just spend it on one person.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 12-18-2013, 01:10 PM
Twin 2.0

Secret Santa style is a good way to handle it. A lot less stressful for everyone involved.

So you know how most people's normal temperature is 98.6F? Mine usually runs about 97.3 for whatever reason...today it's 100F. O_o
Old 12-18-2013, 01:44 PM
Blonde Raccoon

Totally dreading my political science exam today .. I feel like I know literally nothing. Okay back to cramming!

Paris - On Target's Oooh La La
Seamus O'Grady, the supermutt.

& Sally, never forgotten.
Old 12-18-2013, 01:52 PM
On second thought...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
The irony is my aunt doesn't have a lot of money either. Or at least complains she doesn't. She's the biggest reason I always make sure I have affordable stuff on my list.
We buy stuff for the entire family. More and more I'm realizing that doesn't happen that often. My mom hates it too, not because they can't afford it, but because it's a bit of a cluster. She wants us to switch to doing Secret Santa style, where we only buy for one person. That's what my BIL's family does. Much less stressful, and also, that would mean everybody would probably get REALLY good presents because instead of having to divide my money out across everybody I would just spend it on one person.
My family does a Santa Swap. It doesn't exactly have the personalization of Secret Santa, but my family finds it a fun way to get odd gifts. Plus, people appreciate that the gifts are more about quality than quantity. (although people should be happy regardless of the gift they get).

Signature by aadufield, on Flickr

Proud owner of Cameron, a Chow Chow mix, and Duncan, a http://www.chazhound.com/forums/t141489/.
Old 12-18-2013, 03:26 PM
Top Dog

I. Hate. Customer. Service.

I am the main receptionist for a spay and neuter clinic- woman comes in needing proof of neuter of her dog for her license with the county. Lost the original copy.

I ask what year/month (she expects me to just be able to find it with her last name!) and she tells me last December. I search all of last YEAR and cannot find her record by her first or last name or dog's name. Ask her if it could be another year and she starts getting angry and telling me I don't know what I'm doing and need to stop being rude. Explain to her that people often get years or names mixed up and she asks for my name and boss's name. Happily give her the info as I have nothing to hide. Tells me it absolutely was not 2013 and I'm insulting her. Call upstairs to our records department and she searches for a half hour with no luck.

Finally finds the record in September of THIS YEAR - the year she swore it wasn't neutered.

But I was supposed to be motivated enough to go through all of those records while she's leaning over my desk complaining about how rude I am and how I lack customer service. She's berating me in front of my co-workers and telling them all how she's calling my boss to complain and yadda yadda yadda and I just had to sit there, acting like she didn't exist, because if I had opened my mouth to defend myself, it WOULD have been rude.

>.<

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 12-18-2013, 03:30 PM
Top Dog

Organic chemistry is the absolute devil, I have the final in a few hours and this won't be pretty at all...
Old 12-18-2013, 04:37 PM
Top Dog

Organic chem is the only class I've ever failed.

My bed broke in half today when Shaman jumped on it. As in gone, done, not coming back. I've known that this was coming, and I have a new one on order, but I'm in for an inpleasent few nights until it gets here

Booty Dancing In Heaven 10/13/03-9/15/12
As much as I try to be one of those easygoing 'spread your wings and fly' types, I just can't stop trying to burst people into flames with my mind.
Old 12-18-2013, 04:51 PM
Top Dog

Yeah I already know I'm going to fail the course and I've never come close to failing before.

I feel like I'm on death row and my execution is in a couple hours. Just waiting for the inevitable.
Old 12-18-2013, 05:46 PM
Blonde Raccoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xandra View Post
Yeah I already know I'm going to fail the course and I've never come close to failing before.

I feel like I'm on death row and my execution is in a couple hours. Just waiting for the inevitable.
That's exactly how I feel. Exam's in an hour and fifteen minutes. Waaaaah.

Paris - On Target's Oooh La La
Seamus O'Grady, the supermutt.

& Sally, never forgotten.