Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-17-2013, 08:42 PM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardogs View Post
I'm the same way and was raised with leftovers being normal and planned for - perhaps because our family is small so most recipes made double what we needed? I didn't realize that some folks never ate leftovers until I was out of college iirc!
We had leftovers a lot, too, growing up, and my husband and I still do. Yeah, we're "dinks" and don't have to, but I like saving money. I love that I can make a big pot of something on a Sunday and we can eat leftovers through the work week (with little variations). Having homemade, healthy food that only needs to be heated up after a long day at work and the gym? ****, that's a bonus, not a sacrifice.
Old 12-17-2013, 08:43 PM
Top Dog

Yeah, chinese is one of the main ones I purposely order more to have leftovers.

I am pretty picky, there are very few leftovers that can not be made pretty good.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:52 PM
orange iguanas.

Come onnnnn Etsy seller! I ordered something on the 7th and it still hasn't shipped. I need it for Christmas!!

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 12-17-2013, 10:08 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

My aunt gave me a Christmas list full of stuff that costs a bunch of money. I can afford to buy her ONE tube of mascara. That's it.

My grandma isn't any better, she never wants anything, or if you buy her something cool for the kitchen she never uses it (even if she asks for it - one year I searched EVERYWHERE for the perfect crock pot because she asked for a new one and was VERY specific about what she wanted. Finally found one that was everything she wanted. PERFECT. BOUGHT. She still uses her old one with the cord hanging out causing a fire hazard while the new one I searched everywhere for sits in the pantry in the basement in the box.) Finally she asked for some makeup stuff that she uses, but it's all Estee Lauder and stuff so all $$.

I can't afford this stuff. And both of them are so picky and have such expensive tastes. My aunt wants a few different things but all of them have to be REAL leather and I know if they're not SUPER nice she'll say "oh" in that derogatory way she does. She wants a towel wrap and I'm having a serious problem over here buying a TOWEL WRAP because I'm like "whatever I buy won't be good enough because it will be cheap." And this is so stupid because this isn't even the point of Christmas. It's supposed to be fun. I always put fun and cheap stuff on my list so nobody feels like they have to spend a lot of money on me because I don't want anybody else to be sitting in this dilemma.
My other aunt and uncle, I've finally given up and started buying them Amazon gift cards because they usually want some more expensive stuff too... but I know they are quite happy to get them, and they use them. As much as I think gift cards are boring, I've made my peace with that. But this aunt and my grandma, they won't use gift cards to Amazon. And if I bought, like, a Target gift card, they'd be OFFENDED by it. Because that's not THOUGHTFUL.

I'm so upset and I don't know what to do. Last year I had the same dilemma, and I cheated and gave both of them some cheap funny thing I found at TJ Maxx or whatever, as well as a nice framed photo of me and the dogs. I don't think I can get away with giving the gift of a photo again. I think I'm going to make some hand-made sugar scrubs and things and put together a little spa basket or something. And I can just hear my aunt now. "Oh." But I don't know what else to do. At least that will seem like I put some thought and effort into it...

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 12-17-2013, 10:31 PM
Top Dog

Beanie, that sucks and you are right it's not what Christmas is about!
Old 12-17-2013, 10:39 PM
Top Dog

Super tired, super crabby. I'm going to bed so I can resist the urge to pick more fights.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 12-17-2013, 10:48 PM
On second thought...

Beanie, when your aunt say "oh" just smile sweetly and say "oh is right!" or do it with a completely straight face, whatever plays to your strengths more.

On a serious note, that really sucks. People should recognize that not everyone has the money, plus it sounds like you buy gifts for a few people.

Signature by aadufield, on Flickr

Proud owner of Cameron, a Chow Chow mix, and Duncan, a http://www.chazhound.com/forums/t141489/.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:32 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

I know that this is horribly tasteless to some but for hard to buy for people I usually buy them a gift card to their fave store .. So they can get what they want lol. I have never gotten a bad reaction when I do that
Old 12-17-2013, 11:37 PM
Top Dog

On his way home, my husband found a little dog hit by a car,badly injured. No one was around and this is a 35 mph (with people often speeding since it is outside of town) area with no streetlights. I'm sure no one saw him in time, as I have had some near misses on the same road with dogs running out, but sad that no one stopped after hitting him He brought him home and I took him in to work. His back was broken, so we had to euthanize him. He wore a collar but no tags and he had no chip. On my way both to and from the clinic, I drove near where he was found, but no one was out looking for him

So sad that someone lost their pet so near the holidays
Old 12-18-2013, 09:41 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Why can't guys take a hint!? Seriously? Stop freaking texting me this creepy **** like OH my gosh.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)