Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-15-2013, 12:25 AM
Top Dog

Yet another UTI.

If only I had insurance. Or a job that would give me hours. Or a body that would just let me live in peace and health. Too much to ask I guess.

Started smoking again. No real reason why. I don't crave nicotine. I'm not addicted. Just reasons. And in a worse mood lately than I even know how to deal with. Down to three Xanax, and NO ONE will refill it.

This is incredibly frustrating. I am an anxious mess and in no position to do anything about it. Jin still hasn't done anything with the divorce. Or shipped me my stuff. I'm so tired.
Old 12-15-2013, 01:49 AM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
I have some more buckeyes in the fridge...
LIES.

You owe me them tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post

I have made 3 batches (of 100 or so each) already this year. Batch 4 is coming through tomorrow. They are dangerous.
I finished the rest of them off. I hope batch #4 is on its way here. Or the recipe. I would cave and accept the recipe in lieu of the actual cookies.

/is demanding
Old 12-15-2013, 08:12 AM
Sport Model Pug

I've been having really really messed up bad dreams lately and I woke up today at like 4am in a panic attack.

SO AWESOME.

... not.

I need to go to my real home. I don't have bad dreams when I'm there. Home isn't here anymore.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 12-15-2013, 08:33 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
LIES.

You owe me them tomorrow.

I finished the rest of them off. I hope batch #4 is on its way here. Or the recipe. I would cave and accept the recipe in lieu of the actual cookies.

/is demanding
It's kind of disturbing that ingredients are measured in pounds instead of cups, but I move on quickly and just enjoy.

1 lb butter
2 lbs peanut butter
3 lbs powdered sugar

Blend ingredients in order. You can use a mixer at first, but as the powdered sugar increases you will eventually need to use your hands. When everything is thoroughly mixed, roll the dough into walnut sized balls. Refrigerate for as long as you can (overnight is good).

For the chocolate, I use 1-2 bags of the mini chocolate chips. (they melt easily in the microwave with just a smidge of vegetable oil). I also grate about 1/3 bar of parafin wax (from the canning section) into the chocolate and melt it in to help it hold its shape once set. I've done it without the wax and it's been okay, so if that creeps you out don't do it.

Take the chilled peanut butter balls and use a toothpick to dip it in the melted chocolate about half way. Set on wax paper to harden for at least a few hours. Keep doggies away. Throw 'em in a bowl/container in the fridge and enjoy

Lucyfur CA O-NAC O-NCC S-NJC O-TNO S-TGN S-WVN HPN SG
Old 12-15-2013, 08:48 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Quote:
It's kind of disturbing that ingredients are measured in pounds instead of cups, but I move on quickly and just enjoy.

1 lb butter
2 lbs peanut butter
3 lbs powdered sugar

Blend ingredients in order. You can use a mixer at first, but as the powdered sugar increases you will eventually need to use your hands. When everything is thoroughly mixed, roll the dough into walnut sized balls. Refrigerate for as long as you can (overnight is good).

For the chocolate, I use 1-2 bags of the mini chocolate chips. (they melt easily in the microwave with just a smidge of vegetable oil). I also grate about 1/3 bar of parafin wax (from the canning section) into the chocolate and melt it in to help it hold its shape once set. I've done it without the wax and it's been okay, so if that creeps you out don't do it.

Take the chilled peanut butter balls and use a toothpick to dip it in the melted chocolate about half way. Set on wax paper to harden for at least a few hours. Keep doggies away. Throw 'em in a bowl/container in the fridge and enjoy
Put rice crispy cereal in the peanut butter before you roll it into balls and it is HEAVEN!

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 12-15-2013, 08:59 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Dixie's_Mom~ View Post
Put rice crispy cereal in the peanut butter before you roll it into balls and it is HEAVEN!
Ewww, no! Ruining the clean perfection of a buckeye! (I have seen/tasted the rice crispy version before--not my thing, but I think it's cute that everyone has a slight twist!)

I've seen halloween ones fully dipped in white chocolate with an m&m stuck on top to make eyeballs. Never tasted those though--not sure how I feel about peanut butter and vanilla!

Lucyfur CA O-NAC O-NCC S-NJC O-TNO S-TGN S-WVN HPN SG
Old 12-15-2013, 11:14 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Ewww, no! Ruining the clean perfection of a buckeye! (I have seen/tasted the rice crispy version before--not my thing, but I think it's cute that everyone has a slight twist!)

I've seen halloween ones fully dipped in white chocolate with an m&m stuck on top to make eyeballs. Never tasted those though--not sure how I feel about peanut butter and vanilla!
My grandmother made something similar called Martha Washington's. Powered sugar and coconut instead of the peanut butter inside. Wonderful but pretty regretful later.

I'm really hoping foster dog leaves by the 21st like I said she had to. I don't want to be mean or publicly shame the rescue chick but come ON. I get you're busy and stressed but you made a commitment and this whole dog thing is your JOB. It makes you and the people you work for look bad. Stop posting about how awesome you are and all the changes you're making and do something about this dog!

Australian Kelpie and Coursing Fiend~ 2
http://fuzzycircus.blogspot.com/
Old 12-15-2013, 12:02 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:

Zoom makes those, they're pretty good too. I'm not complaining either way - they both involve PB and chocolate and OMG DELICIOUSNESSSSSSS

I am surprised Zoom hasn't vented about my behavior last night in here yet.
Old 12-15-2013, 01:45 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

This morning my chest hurts when I try to breathe. Aaaaaaaawesome.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 12-15-2013, 03:03 PM
Twin 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
Zoom makes those, they're pretty good too. I'm not complaining either way - they both involve PB and chocolate and OMG DELICIOUSNESSSSSSS

I am surprised Zoom hasn't vented about my behavior last night in here yet.
What would I vent about? You had a good time and we left when I couldn't my take be around strangers anymore.