Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-12-2013, 01:05 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
So now he says he's keeping the apartment because it's 98% his things anyway and I need to find somewhere else to live...oh and also I should pay him $400 a month still because even with the chunk of inheritance he got this summer, he thinks he can't afford the place on his own.

I cannot afford rent out here and an additional $400/mo for a place I'm not staying in, so I'm left with basically moving back in with my parents. which wouldn't be so bad, except one of my brothers just got out of the Marines and moved back in with them as well, into the finished basement. Normally wouldn't be a problem, but now that I have Huck, I'd need a way to keep him out of the main floor, because of this obsession with plants and knocking sh*t off shelves. My parent's aren't the indoor cat type of people and since they'd be doing me a favor, I need to minimize the animal impact as much as possible. They love and adore Sawyer and as long as I keep the hair vacuumed up, they don't mind him.
are you legally obligated to pay him $400 a month? I can't imagine that's your responsibility. I'd tell him tough cookies. if you (by you, I mean HE) can't afford the apartment then don't live in it.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 12-12-2013, 01:30 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
So now he says he's keeping the apartment because it's 98% his things anyway and I need to find somewhere else to live...oh and also I should pay him $400 a month still because even with the chunk of inheritance he got this summer, he thinks he can't afford the place on his own.
I don't think there's any legal way he can force someone to pay for a property they aren't living in. Even if your name is on the lease (not sure if it is) he can't make you leave, yet expect you to pay. You can always suggest staying there as a roommate and see if that takes the wind out of his sails. Beyond that, I'd tell him I was talking to a lawyer. I doubt he'd take it further.

It must be an awesome fantasy world to decide you want to live somewhere you can't afford and have someone fund it......
Old 12-12-2013, 02:10 PM
such sights to show you

Yea nobody's demanding rent from me to support them living in an apartment they kicked me out of.

Well, they can demand it if they like. But they're not gonna get it.

Old 12-12-2013, 02:32 PM
Kung Pow Fish

**** michigan because:
iv never ever ever been anywhere that has gotten cold enough to require a separate, unique, and specific kind of FOOTWEAR just to not lose feeling below the knee (snowboots rated to -4F)
also
my bike apparently drifts better than paul walker. *&%$ snow!

edited to add: if anybody chuckles and says "welcome to michigan" or any variation thereof, i will hate you forever
Old 12-12-2013, 02:33 PM
Twin 2.0

We're both on the lease but I'm the primary. We definitely can't afford to break the lease because they'd want the remainder (6months in this case). It's a tiny 1 bd place, so being roommates is not a viable option. I could probably be on with it, but I already know he can be a passive-aggressive jerk when he wants, so yeah no. I'm going to talk to the leasing office and see what the options are.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:35 PM
Kung Pow Fish

Quote:
We're both on the lease but I'm the primary. We definitely can't afford to break the lease because they'd want the remainder (6months in this case). It's a tiny 1 bd place, so being roommates is not a viable option. I could probably be on with it, but I already know he can be a passive-aggressive jerk when he wants, so yeah no. I'm going to talk to the leasing office and see what the options are.
if you are the primary on the lease, have him removed from the lease, kick him out (if 90% of the stuff is his, he can **** well take it all with him and boo freaking hoo)
Old 12-12-2013, 02:55 PM
Twin 2.0

Ok I talked to the leasing office. It's only two months rent to break the lease completely, which is still a lot but not 6 months worth at least. If they're able to take me off the lease, we'd have to resign and he would have to re qualify for the place on his own. And I'm not 100% sure he can do that.

I am never living with a romantic interest again. I had my doubts and reservations about losing my personal space to begin with and now this.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:05 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Ok I talked to the leasing office. It's only two months rent to break the lease completely, which is still a lot but not 6 months worth at least. If they're able to take me off the lease, we'd have to resign and he would have to re qualify for the place on his own. And I'm not 100% sure he can do that.

I am never living with a romantic interest again. I had my doubts and reservations about losing my personal space to begin with and now this.
Can you afford it by yourself? Can't you just kick him out? Yeah he might be a bitch about it but in the long run it might be better.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:08 PM
Twin 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xandra View Post
Can you afford it by yourself? Can't you just kick him out? Yeah he might be a bitch about it but in the long run it might be better.
Potentially, possibly, but not easily. I've had a couple really bad months at work and have had to dip into my savings.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:12 PM
Top Dog

Zoom-I just want to say I am so sorry you are going through this!! I would pay the two months and break that lease and never look back! Move in with the parents and save some money up. Not always fun but it will work out!

Thinking of you!

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber