Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-09-2013, 08:20 AM
Vizsla mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
The law here is that from November 1st to March 1st or until it's not freezing anymore, you cannot get gas or electric turned off for non-payment. But, if it's already off, you have to make a payment agreement and pay 1/12th of the balance to get it turned on. If you can't come up with 1/12 of the bill, you're out of luck.

It's a toasty 64F in my bed area right now
1/12th of your bill is $500?!!!
Old 12-09-2013, 10:11 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Somehow either the station dial got moved or the volume dial did - my alarm wasn't loud enough to wake me up this morning. This would not normally be a HUGE deal except last night I decided to take my contacts out and figured it wouldn't matter if I couldn't see the alarm clock because the alarm would go off. Well it mattered that I couldn't see the alarm clock. I slept in past 9:30... and I'm supposed to be at work at 9.
Thankfully I work at a place with co-workers who have all slept in past their alarms more than once, and they were all quite nice about it and were like "No problem, by the way the roads are icy, be careful!!"

The bigger vent: my friend's dad has been in the hospital and they found out he had a brain tumor. They did a biopsy on Friday and I've been waiting to hear the results. It was what I feared. 3 months to a year if they decide to pursue treatment. Massively unfair and I'm really upset and haven't even seen my friend because she's in a different city right now with her family, so I can't even hug her or cry with her right now.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 12-09-2013, 01:29 PM
Top Dog

Laptop is dying. Sending it to the shop when the box they're shipping us gets here. I will be without laptop for who knows how long.

On the up side, at least I'll still have my iPod and phone but it's just not the same.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:51 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Default The Venting Thread

We haven't had power since last night. No running water right now either. This sucks. We ended up heating up some beans on top of my landlords wood stove but the basement I live in is freezing cold. Dogs have extra blankets and I hope it's enough. This blows.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 12-09-2013, 07:06 PM
F150 and a .30-06

My great uncle (my dad's uncle) died yesterday. His funeral is on Friday.

We weren't close and I only seen him a couple of times a year when we would pull the fifth wheel out to his farm. It was a tradition. I have so many great memories out there. He had a 1/4 section of land (160 acres) and most of it was bush. So much fun. He always let me ride his horses. They where usually as holes because of lack of training and being rode but you learn how to stick on a horse bareback really quick.

He lived his own life. He was married but she died a long time ago. He didn't have a bathroom just a out house and never washed his dishes. It's not a life I would have wanted but he was happy. Never sick, and never stressed.

He spent the last 2 of his 92 years of life in a retirement home because he broke his hip. He fell off his roof trying to fix his TV antena.

He had a long life. Lives his own way and was happy.

It just sucks. Big time. I miss him.

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 12-09-2013, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennSLK View Post
My great uncle (my dad's uncle) died yesterday. His funeral is on Friday.

We weren't close and I only seen him a couple of times a year when we would pull the fifth wheel out to his farm. It was a tradition. I have so many great memories out there. He had a 1/4 section of land (160 acres) and most of it was bush. So much fun. He always let me ride his horses. They where usually as holes because of lack of training and being rode but you learn how to stick on a horse bareback really quick.

He lived his own life. He was married but she died a long time ago. He didn't have a bathroom just a out house and never washed his dishes. It's not a life I would have wanted but he was happy. Never sick, and never stressed.

He spent the last 2 of his 92 years of life in a retirement home because he broke his hip. He fell off his roof trying to fix his TV antena.

He had a long life. Lives his own way and was happy.

It just sucks. Big time. I miss him.
I'm do sorry for your loss.

We still have no power. Almost 24 hours now.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:53 PM

I need to conserve battery on my phone but just wanted to pop in to say still no power. It's now been over 24 hours and I'm very frustrated and cold.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:37 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittledoo View Post
I need to conserve battery on my phone but just wanted to pop in to say still no power. It's now been over 24 hours and I'm very frustrated and cold.
I'm sorry . Went through that a few years ago with a bad snow storm-it really wears on you.

Are you able to call your electric company for an estimate on when power will be restored? If it says something like a few more days, at least you can start planning if you need to do something.

Old 12-09-2013, 10:58 PM
Blonde Raccoon

No motivation to do any cleaning. I was supposed to do it all day and kept putting it off. It's now midnight and nothing has been done. Sigh.

Paris - On Target's Oooh La La
Seamus O'Grady, the supermutt.

& Sally, never forgotten.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:07 PM
Top Dog

It was 28 mid-day today. This is just not acceptable

ETA that the person in charge of getting two of the doctors' gifts, which are usually baskets of gift certificates or somesuch, is collecting cash. "it isn't mandatory' but they keep harping. I never carry cash and while it's only $6, that's lunch on a day where I don't want to make something. Now I have to run $6 in on my day off