Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-04-2013, 08:17 PM
Duuuuude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
The highway I take to work is a total shitshow - instead of being plowed, they dumped sand and let the cars smoosh is all up. It was so bad my truck was slipping, which is saying something when we were going 35mph and the truck did fine lightly offroading in the snow.

Also, the speeds people drive here in the snow TERRIFY me. I realize I'm just a wimp, but really, 60mph? On an icy highway covered in inches of sand and snow? WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT? WHY? I don't care if you can go, YOU CAN'T STOP.
Oh my god, ALL OF THIS. The highways (one in particular) were horrifyingly bad. I drive a Honda Fit which is a piece of **** in the snow anyway because it's so tiny and light weight, so the combination of my car + their sand "solution" + other people driving in terrifying ways made my day so stressful that I'm exhausted tonight despite having a super easy day of work.

Look guy, there's a lot of space between me and the car ahead of me for a REASON. That reason is that I can't ****ing stop. If you cut in front of me, there is a very good chance I'm going to rear end you because you left me with NO braking room!

My very related vent is that I need a new car. I love my Fit, but I feel extremely unsafe in it every winter. Next year will be the year of the Big Car.

Kendall & the Red Dogs: Rowan & Riff
Old 12-04-2013, 10:00 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paviche View Post
Oh my god, ALL OF THIS. The highways (one in particular) were horrifyingly bad. I drive a Honda Fit which is a piece of **** in the snow anyway because it's so tiny and light weight, so the combination of my car + their sand "solution" + other people driving in terrifying ways made my day so stressful that I'm exhausted tonight despite having a super easy day of work.

Look guy, there's a lot of space between me and the car ahead of me for a REASON. That reason is that I can't ****ing stop. If you cut in front of me, there is a very good chance I'm going to rear end you because you left me with NO braking room!

My very related vent is that I need a new car. I love my Fit, but I feel extremely unsafe in it every winter. Next year will be the year of the Big Car.
Right? 25 and 225 were hellish. Even my truck slid. I can't imagine how you're doing in a Fit. Do you have snow tires on it yet?

To the second bit - AGREED. It was crazy. People were driving fast without leaving safe stopping distances today. There's absolutely nowhere I'm in enough of a hurry to go to that I'll risk wrecking my truck. It's a POS Ford from the 90s, and if I wreck it, I die. Surprisingly, I'm just not that excited about dying.

Talk to Zoom about a Subaru. Not today or tomorrow, but maybe after this storm. I liked how my truck drove in the snow, but nothing compares with a Subie. Her XT on all-seasons did better than other AWD cars with snow tires.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:13 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
YAY! Isn't it amazing when you can breathe through your nose again? Kind of.. I hope the cold goes away fast.
It is all kinds of this:

I ended up going to the gym anyway. Right before I left work I got word that a friend's dad was going into the hospital. So I needed a good workout to keep my mind off worrying about her and her dad. It was perhaps a bit less explosive than normal since I've hardly eaten at all for four or five days, but felt good, I didn't cough even once, and I felt even better when I was done. Also RAVENOUS. I came home and ate, like really ate, for the first time since almost a week ago.
maybe if I don't die I'll actually be able to run the 5K on Saturday. Except I think it's going to be like 10 degrees and snowing in which case I will be like >=| and not be able to breathe if I try to run.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 12-04-2013, 10:16 PM
Resident fainting goat

People who feel the need to input on how I deal with my breakup.
We broke up. No it didn't end badly. No I don't hate him.
But I don't see why deleting him on facebook and deleting his number makes me a bad person!
I just don't want to see his stuff all over my newsfeed or be tempted to call him! "Oh but what if something happens to him? What if he gets shot" WELL THEN I TRUST SOMEONE WILL TELL ME SINCE YOU ARE ALL SO INVOLVED IN HIS AFFAIRS

I am healing. I am independent by nature and I have friends and hobbies and merlin and a great family.. which helps a lot. and to a lot of people I know that makes it all seem like I'm totally fine but I'm not. It hurts. Some days more than others and some days not at all but CLEAN BREAKS WORK FOR ME. I'm just not ready to be his friend.

Ugh.

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:02 PM
Twin 2.0

Isn't that the best?
Old 12-05-2013, 01:24 AM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Gah, I am so unbelievably stressed out. My anxiety has been coming back with a vengance and I'm starting to get all the things that come along with it like nightmares, waking up scared and not being able to sleep, paranoid people are judging me constantly, which makes my anxiety worse. It being finals week doesn't help! I was so far ahead in all my classes and than within the last week it all spiraled out of control and now I'm out of my mind trying to figure out what's due and what I've missed and I may have missed the final test in my statics class because I overslept.

Than there's my apartment. I got dripped on again this morning. Last year he roof was dripping where it connects with one of the walls and the repair guy came in said my fan in my bathroom wasn't running and that's probably what it was. Couldn't do much about it as it was turning to summer by the time I said anything and the dripping had stopped.

So now it's back. I'm pretty sure it's the ice getting in cracks in the roof or something but its dripping all over my bed. My room is so small there's only so much I can do to get my bed out of the way. >_<

To make it worse, it's 7F outside and freezing air is coming in like mad through where the floorboard and walls meet. It's mainly by the heater (heater is on the wall right above the ground) so there's no point in turning the heater on because I'm throwing money out the window fighting a loosing battle.

My bf's job has cut his hours drastically and we are sinking financially which doesn't help. And of course I find out my mother has been at stage 4 renal failure for a while now and no one bothered to tell me. The doctors are hopeful to hold off end stage renal failure if she goes back on her diet, but just hearing she's that far gone at barely over 40 makes me scared.

I just feel like everything is piling on at once and I don't know if I can take this anymore. I really need something good to happen.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:40 AM
Top Dog

It's 35F in my room. I'm cold. Is winter over yet?
Old 12-05-2013, 11:22 AM
Bored Now.

Truck wont start. I jumped it twice, with two different vehicles. It absolutely will not start. It shut both of them off.

I have no other vehicle to get me to work.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:26 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

A horrible cold front moved through today ... Ok the north can keep its cold **** ... I don't want it ... That's why I live down here so I don't have to deal with winter weather and all the **** that comes with it .
Old 12-05-2013, 03:55 PM
dogstrong

Anxieters.

Lots of them.

Equinox Shadow Of A Hero CGC "Shadow"
Equinox Ain't No Rest For The Wicked CGC "Embyr"
Equinox Play Me Some Mountain Music "Copper"
Equinox Don't Feed It After Midnight "Bloo"