Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 12-01-2013, 05:08 PM
Kung Pow Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
Had a root canal done a couple months ago. Now out of nowhere I have pain in that tooth and sensitivity to cold and hot. That shouldn't be possible. Everything in that tooth should be deader than a doornail. I so do not want to go back to the dentist, I am still paying off the last time
make them look at it and work on it for free, since theres clearly still nerves in there ergo they did a halfass job on the root canal the first time and need to finish the job correctly.
To change the world
To reach the farthest star
If we should stay silent
If fear should win our hearts
Our light will have long diminished
Before it reaches the farthest star"

-Ronan Harris, NVN Nation
Old 12-01-2013, 05:40 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennSLK View Post
Paul Walker died.
So did the driver of the car.
Old 12-01-2013, 05:55 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicksMom View Post
So did the driver of the car.
Yes he did and that's very sad for those who knew him but this is a pet peeve of mine. Paul Walker was a nationally recognized person. That doesn't make his death more important or more meaningful.. You just don't hear about the other guy as much because most people didn't know him, recognize him or have a connection to him. His death IS recognized by the people who knew him, met him, the community he lived in. It just seems like celebrities get all the "glory" but it's just because they are more widely recognized.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 12-01-2013, 07:06 PM
On second thought...

My brother does nothing for the dogs. Absolutely nothing. I would list all the things he doesn't do for the dogs but it's easier and just as accurate to say he does nothing.

Years ago he decided he wasn't taking Duncan.

Now he thinks he's moving out and taking duncan with him and changing his food to purina.

My name is on duncan's registration with the city. My name is on the vet bills.

Like hell he's taking duncan.

Signature by aadufield, on Flickr

Proud owner of Cameron, a Chow Chow mix, and Duncan, a http://www.chazhound.com/forums/t141489/.
Old 12-01-2013, 08:34 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostfell View Post
make them look at it and work on it for free, since theres clearly still nerves in there ergo they did a halfass job on the root canal the first time and need to finish the job correctly.
Yeah, but I don't think I really want to go back to where I went before. :/

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
2 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Old 12-01-2013, 09:18 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

I just don't want to look at Facebook anymore. If I see one more "omg I got a puppy"from someone who has no business with a dog or second puppy I'm going to scream! This isn't wbout anyone on chaz.

For people I know that are family or family friends posted about a new puppy within two weeks. Two are cousins who can't afford their bills,each have 1 kids under 2yrs old and one has a second son to be born. That last one has already posted on Facebook adding to rehome the 8week "blue nose" for a rehoming fee. Really?! Says it's toomuch with. Well duh.

The other person is a family friend who has a gsd under a year olds that they beat and strangle and complain it doesn't listen. It's a good dog but they can't handle it yet they got a female gsd 8weeks old.

The third has a young child and a Chihuahua who she takes great care of. But her husband takes her in to getting a "red nose blue nose mix pitbull " puppy because he "want a dog that I can train to scare people away from the house". Again, really! ?

I just want to scream! !!! I expect to hear how they had to rehome the pups not to long from now.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:33 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
Dropped my camera about four feet onto solid asphalt.

My 50mm lens literally snapped in half and the camera is broken. Done for.

Everyone I called to cry to won't answer their phone. I'm drowning my sorrow in pie. And maybe tequila. Or rum. **** this ****.

My roommate at least got a laugh out of it when I said, "GREAT, another thing that I've broken that I can't afford to fix." It's sad but true. I don't want to think about this any more.
****. **** **** **** **** I am so sorry about this, I would be crying and tearing my hair out and shutting myself away for days drowning in alcohol. Tequila would do the trick for sure. Tequila dumped into a bucket of ice cream.

I'm really sorry. I love your photos so much.

ETA: This suggestion probably won't help (especially since I'm sure you'd prioritize other necessities over a new camera) but you could always look into a used older camera. The Nikon D40 is an astonishingly high rated camera for its age and you can pick up a used one with a kit lens (or two) for about $150.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:58 PM
On second thought...

BabyBlue- tis the season to watch and suffer as non-dog savvy people get dogs. Facebook is the worst for this type of news.

Signature by aadufield, on Flickr

Proud owner of Cameron, a Chow Chow mix, and Duncan, a http://www.chazhound.com/forums/t141489/.
Old 12-01-2013, 10:15 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox View Post
****. **** **** **** **** I am so sorry about this, I would be crying and tearing my hair out and shutting myself away for days drowning in alcohol. Tequila would do the trick for sure. Tequila dumped into a bucket of ice cream.

I'm really sorry. I love your photos so much.

ETA: This suggestion probably won't help (especially since I'm sure you'd prioritize other necessities over a new camera) but you could always look into a used older camera. The Nikon D40 is an astonishingly high rated camera for its age and you can pick up a used one with a kit lens (or two) for about $150.
Thank you. I skipped the tequila and took a nap instead. I'm not as upset as I probably should be, thanks to medication that actually works.

Not sure what to do,but I did cry to my mom about it, so I feel better now.
Old 12-01-2013, 10:21 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

As if it couldn't get worse. One of the people with a new "pit bull" puppy has a friend who commented with "you should train it to be a service dog. That's what I'm doing with my red nose pit so the apartments can't say anything about it. " I cleaned it up so It's readable. And so family friend responds "I'm planning on doing the same thing. "

Really?