Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old Yesterday, 01:53 PM
Love is 4 legged word

Default Camera Suggestions

So... I'm looking to get a new camera, and upgrade from my current one(which is a Olympus SZ-14).

To be honest, I'm not sure what I want... But, I guess, I kind of have an idea for what I want. lol
DSLR is preffered
Attachable lens are ok, and preferred. Not
Size really isn't a issue.
The more easier the camera is to use, the better.

Oh, and it would be best if it would be best under if was under 600 dollars.

~Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.-Albert Einstein~

Jazzy 5 y/o. Siberian

Nika 7 m/o. Siberian

Old Today, 12:12 AM
Top Dog

If you don't care about changing lenses often or having big lenses, I would really recommend the Sony NEX series. For example, the NEX 3 and NEX 5 are good choices for casual shooting.

If you're into having huge zoom, or the capability to easily learn a lot more about photography while being able to shop used gear, any of the entry level Nikon or Canons on the market would be good choices. Since many people buy DSLRs without knowing much about them, many of the lenses and flashes end up on craigslist for good prices. There are a lot more used Nikon/Canon gear than Sony gear. I guess it depends on if you want to get further into photography, take lessons, learn online, etc, or you just want a camera to easily take pictures of animals on mostly automatic mode.