Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 09-13-2012, 08:30 PM
Obey the Toad.

I'm taking the birds in for their wellness check on Tuesday, and the office that we take our birds to also does reptiles, so I think I'll get some more info when I go.

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 10-12-2012, 06:51 PM
Top Dog

They are easy to care for as long as you have the right set up first off, as mentioned before. GOOD UVB lights are a must - I suggest Mercury Vapor Bulbs. They are expensive, but they last much longer than any of the other UVB bulbs on the market. Get crickets from a good place or they can get parasites and get sick. Too much mealworms will cause constipation which will also lead to a hefty vet bill. 50+ gallon tank is a must, research what substrate is best because many kinds can also cause constipation. I just used paper towels for mine.

This is Miracle...I obtained him from a pet store. The owner refused to use UVB lights for her animals and Miracle consequently got MBD (Metabolic Bone Disease - an extremely common illness in Bearded Dragons that they WILL get if they do not have UVB lights - so be sure to take this into consideration when deciding where you get your beardie), and lived with it for so long that all of his legs, his tail, his pelvis, and his jaw were broken and it was pronounced by my vet that he would never be able to walk again. They also force fed this tiny guy PINKIES - shoved them right down his throat. They attempted to do this in front of me and I had a fit and went off on a rampage about how he was going to die, so they let me take him home with me for free. The employees were nice ladies - they just didn't know what they were doing at all. The owner of the pet store, however, was a devil woman. With UVB lights, the correct diet, and exercising him everyday by making him paddle his little legs in shallow water, he was able to scuffle along and live a good remainder of his life.

sdfhcvb by ohmanlookatmylife, on Flickr

bhj.m,n, by ohmanlookatmylife, on Flickr

This was my boy, Axel. He was dumped in front of Starbucks in the winter time, believe it or not. He was also in very bad shape, but he became a healthy, active, sweet guy very quickly!

hjkh, by ohmanlookatmylife, on Flickr

fcujhkl by ohmanlookatmylife, on Flickr

iuhk by ohmanlookatmylife, on Flickr

untitled67 by ohmanlookatmylife, on Flickr

untitled by ohmanlookatmylife, on Flickr

This is a wonderful beardie forum: http://www.beardeddragon.org/bjive/index.php