Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 10-05-2012, 09:34 AM
Big Dog

Here is my tank, the bf got it for me for my birthday at the end of August. I'm still learning, and having some issues lol..
I just have Mollies and one High Fin Pleco

Old 10-05-2012, 10:12 AM
Top Dog

Another of ze Krib..

Parkinsoni Rainbow fish..I have a few of these

Synodontis cat..not easy to photograph..

Red Tail Zebra Loach (crazy things)

"Mottled" Knifefish, among other names

In another tank..he really needs a buddy in there..I'm eyeing a deformed pearlscale at work..

Old 10-10-2012, 07:03 PM
& the Muttly Crew

At long last I have my school of 15 cardinal tetras, which are acclimating to my quarantine tank as we speak.

I've wanted a big school of Cardinals for a long time. I'd also like a school of rummynose but those can be harder to find and I've never seen them on sale...Cardinals go on sale once or twice a year here and that time is now

Fingers crossed for a smooth transition and healthy fish...if so then in a few weeks they'll be in the 90g

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Monster Monkey, b. Dec'13
Old 11-06-2012, 06:35 PM
Taxiderpy

Our goldfish have finally put on a decent amount of weight. I'm hunting around for a new tank to set up for Aurelia's bubble eyes when we're able to get some.

At the moment we have three shubunkins, one ryukin, a common (hibuna) and an oranda. It has no wen, lol.

Here's yellowgreen shubunkin.

The orange and black shubunkin.

The blue shubunkin. This one actually has the colors a shubunkin is supposed to have. lol

Here's the ryukin. He will never be show quality but we learned a ton about goldfish grooming raising him. And he's very personable and awesome. My daughter loves him.

The feeder fish. He started out pure white with red fins, and is turning orange now. He's twice as big too.

I'm hunting around for some nice Chinese style shubunkins. They are <3!!! My daughter and I are planning to raise bubble eyes and the chinese shubunkins. Eventually I'd like to get into ryukins and celestials too.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:35 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

I recently added a 5.5 gallon but I am going to take down my 20 long and rehome some of the fish. I will likely set it up again eventually but right now it is extremely hard for me to do water changes on because of where it is (up on top of my dresser) and I have nowhere else to put it right now. So for now, I'm gonna have a 5.5 gallon with ADFs, snails, and a few guppies, and a 3.5 gallon with a Betta and snails.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 11-30-2012, 01:44 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

So. Here are pictures of the 5.5 currently. Obviously needs to be decorated (I just dropped in the plants, didn't even bury them in the gravel-which it needs more of) but I'll do all that when I have a little time on my hands. Currently there are two African dwarf frogs in there and one male guppy. I will be adding (probably) 2 more guppies and two snails (which I already have but are currently in my moms 3.5 betta tank).

Excuse the cell phone quality of the pics

His fins weren't in the greatest shape but they are getting there!

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 12-04-2012, 02:34 PM
Top Dog

Not a good pic but here is where we are at with the 20 g I am redoing in Cian's room. Tore it down and restarted it last night. There is a piece of driftwood that I added some anubias to that is still soaking so it will stay down...that will go on the lefft side. Will probably paint the back black as well.

And just because its cute, a shrimp from my tv tank - yes, its a freaking mess....need to clean it. It has pygmy gouramis, cories, and of course cherry shrimp.

Old 12-05-2012, 12:05 AM
Rude and Not Ginger

Fish are hard to photograph.

Just cycling the tank right now.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:38 AM
and Spy.

CharlieDog,

The tank looks great, but a few points.

1. You don't need fish to cycle a tank, and it is very stressful for them to be used to for that purpose. Do you have a friend who can take the fish while you are in the process of cycling it? Cute little guy though, endler guppy?

2. Are you wanting to grow plants? I can't tell if those ones are live or not. If you do, those rocks won't be able to grow much and you should consider switching to something more suited to plants (if a planted tank is what you are after). If the gravel is too big the substrate won't be able to hold nutrients because the water will wash it all away as it moves through the rocks. Adversely, if the substrate is too small, it will suffocate the roots. Ideally you want to aim for something about 2mm in diameter.

I am so excited for you that you got your tank up and running!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMan View Post
I think u need some angry school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That's what we do here. We're emotionally invested in each other and each other's dogs, the joys and the sorrows.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:40 AM
and Spy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Dixie's_Mom~ View Post
So. Here are pictures of the 5.5 currently. Obviously needs to be decorated (I just dropped in the plants, didn't even bury them in the gravel-which it needs more of) but I'll do all that when I have a little time on my hands. Currently there are two African dwarf frogs in there and one male guppy. I will be adding (probably) 2 more guppies and two snails (which I already have but are currently in my moms 3.5 betta tank).

His fins weren't in the greatest shape but they are getting there!
Haha better watch out, soon you will have 8x the amount of guppies you do now if you get females....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
Not a good pic but here is where we are at with the 20 g I am redoing in Cian's room. Tore it down and restarted it last night. There is a piece of driftwood that I added some anubias to that is still soaking so it will stay down...that will go on the lefft side. Will probably paint the back black as well.

And just because its cute, a shrimp from my tv tank - yes, its a freaking mess....need to clean it. It has pygmy gouramis, cories, and of course cherry shrimp.
Looks good, what do you plan to put in the 20g?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMan View Post
I think u need some angry school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That's what we do here. We're emotionally invested in each other and each other's dogs, the joys and the sorrows.