Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-31-2012, 01:33 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Kind of. LOL All of the dogs happily go into the building. Chloe gets SUPER happy excited to be in the reception area and see everyone, but as soon as we step back into either the grooming or vet side she gets nervous.

Cooper is a dingaling and is fine no matter where he is at. Cynder is fine until I try to take her back into the bathing area - then if she's off lead she puts the breaks on. (As does Chloe.)

Gracie tucks her tail the entire time, but is otherwise alright.

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Old 08-31-2012, 02:22 PM
Richy Rich HM Twit!

Cali has several offices she goes to and she loves them all, but they also love her just as much. The techs will come out to the car when they see us pull up because they've been waiting to see her (I always make late appointments). I put a ton of work into making sure each and every vet experience was positive for her and it's always nice to hear compliments from the staff about how sweet and well mannered she is.

Nomi and Charlie are both well mannered at the vet, but would much rather be at home under a blanket.

Brawt....well, to put it nicely he likes to pretend he is big and bad but the minute he can no longer see us, he is a big 'ol teddy bear. We have to be very careful with him because of his seizure activity. Thankfully, we have a vet/vet staff who are very respectful of this and know exactly how to handle him but still get things accomplished.

Overall, we are very lucky to have such a good group of vets to work with.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:28 PM
LABRADERP!

The Rottie has to be muzzled.
The Beagle doesn't care.
The dumb Lab mutt thing LOVES the vet.
The Dachshund will EAT the vet for shots.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:35 PM
Big Dog

Both of mine love it, I made it a game from day one and now they actually get all excited/happy to go in there and jump up on the exam table!
Old 08-31-2012, 02:46 PM
It's A Red Dog Revolution

Pen and Bubbles love it because people pay attention to them, but Kimma is so-so. She's very well-behaved, but she's not a dog who likes to be pet/touched anyway, so it can get a bit stressful for her. I try to take her with me if I ever have to go pick anything up from there so she's used to being in the lobby at least

Loistava's Jari CGC - 17 months old (M)
Loistava's Kimma RN AX AXJ RATN CGC - 4 years old (F)
AOM CH Finkkila's Kupla ("Bubbles") - 4 years old (F)
CH Finkkila's Pentti CGC TDI - 6 years old (M)
Old 08-31-2012, 04:05 PM
~Lisa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliraptor View Post

Most dogs HATE the vet. Strange people, strange smells. That said, most well-socialized dog do not have issues. However, if they only go there to be poked for injections, it is not a happy place.

I used to work in the same building as my vet so a few times a week after work blaze and I would pop in to say hi get a treat and just hang out. So he doesnt mind it there at all. Which is good since he had to spend the day there the other day for xrays (I was worried about a strange growth on his leg. scared it was bone cancer. lucky its just a old injury that calcified and made a small lump. no idea how i never noticed it. but looking at older photos I can see it in them lol they said he was so well behaved for everything, didnt even need sedation to stay still for them while they xrayed him)

Solo on the other hand is nervous in there. he is friendly. but shakes and pants. even for simple things as popping in for a treat and a weight in. I need to start taking him in much more often.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:28 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

Everyone but Charlie isn't a fan of the vet. They're happy until I open the door, they realize where they are, and try to backpedal. But they do not act up when being seen or in the lobby.

Charlie on the other hand, was so happy at our visit last week. Wanted to visit with all the techs and all the dogs and OMG WHY AREN'T YOU PETTING ME. About mauled the vet. People in the back could hear her whining in the lobby because she so badly wanted to visit.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:31 PM
Top Dog

Crystale /hates/ the vet. Despises it. She will shake, pant, tuck her tail, growl, and bite. She will hide and pace, and she has tried to bite the vet many many many times. She goes in muzzled and only once a year.

Crystal - female - German Shepherd x Sheltie mix - DOB: 8/1/09 - 40 lbs
Old 08-31-2012, 04:47 PM
Top Dog

Mammoth rarely goes to the vet as he is difficult to transport in the truck (he's blind and doesn't fit in the dog box...has to be belted in up front which I hate. There are no airbags but if I got into an accident he'd be done). When we do need something, we most often have the vet come to us (because he's awesome and has been our vet for 12+ years).

Bailey is obsessed with the vet. He plays the attention-starved cur dog for all it's worth haha.

Liberty tries to lead us out. We walk in and sit down and he runs between us and the door, shrieking and wagging his tail. It looks like he's playing, but actually he's just trying to get us out of there before the vet takes all of us AWAY

http://ejfoden.wix.com/efinkart
Old 08-31-2012, 05:03 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Sloan loathes the vet. The rest don't seem to care.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.