Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-31-2012, 08:10 AM
and Fozzie B!

Oh my, that's a chubby Aussie! I can see the chubs. Definitely not safe for agility!!!

Fozzie will pack on lbs instantly if I switch him off of raw. I'm sure he'd be a total fatty if I gave him a bunch of veggies and grains.

This lady that brings her Cockapoos to the hotel, she's not bright at all. Her Cockapoos weigh 70 lbs - COCKAPOOS! They're practically the equivalent of the Doxie, just with longer legs so it's not quite as heartbreaking. She would free fed them as much Kibbles n Bits as they wanted. They are 2 years old, with rotten teeth. I encouraged her to feed small meals of a premium kibble. Instead, she cut back on their kibble a little, and feeds them *whole bananas, whole tomatoes, and whole carrots* with every meal. Yes whole. I wanna scream "JUST FEED THEM GOOD FOOD! THEY NEED MEAT!" those poor dogs barely have any life in them.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 08-31-2012, 11:10 AM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

If you read through, the dog has had blood work done and all (surprisingly) has come back clear. They are also feeding the carrots to help him feel full.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:18 AM
Sport Model Pug

Poor thing looks like a walrus!

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 08-31-2012, 11:23 AM
Taxiderpy

Now I understand how those idiots bragging about their 180 lb "rockwilders" might not be exaggerating.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:06 PM
Richy Rich HM Twit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihartgonzo View Post
Srsly... I see a bunch of carrot references, "eat your carrots!". Um, if you insist on feeding vegetables to a carnivore, carrots should be fed sparingly. They're sugary and not very nutritional. I'm sure that poor guy has been fed crappy, corn and sugar based kibble his whole life in mass amounts. He needs a raw diet to detox his sick body!!! I bet he's on a prescription weight loss food, that is corn based. Of course anything is better than his current state of health.

I hope that all sorts of thyroid panels and diabetes tests have been done on this dog. I assume that's why they're collecting donations.
The dog has been checked over by the vet, including lab. Thankfully, it all turned out well, so now he just needs to drop the weight.

Carrots aren't a horrible food -- however any food can be bad when given too much or too often. I *think* they might be working with a canine nutritionist to make sure he is getting what he needs, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
Now I understand how those idiots bragging about their 180 lb "rockwilders" might not be exaggerating.
Yes, those folks think that is what a Rottweiler should be. While at the vet a few weeks ago, there was a man who brought his Rottweiler in. I had to pick my jaw up off the floor when I saw this dog. His dog tipped the scale at 168lbs. He could barely walk, was so out of breath after just a walk to the scale, etc. The owner then proceeded to give me the death glare after asking my why my dog is so skinny...and did I not feed her?
Old 08-31-2012, 12:09 PM
Ho ho ho off.

I wonder how many "donations" they have received.... be nice if they posted how much they were getting, I suspect it's a lot more than they need.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 08-31-2012, 12:09 PM
Top Dog

I saw this the other day. That poor dog.

I just really do not get people sometimes. How could anyone let a dog become so overweight? It's not all that difficult to control their portions and activity.

Ripley
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FDCh-G
Keira CGN
Old 08-31-2012, 01:02 PM
LABRADERP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
You're telling me!!! Though my Rottie is around 120ish pounds at over a year old, but he ain't fat he has a waist and tuck and has drive for days. He's just a BIG boy.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:03 PM
LABRADERP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toller_08 View Post

I just really do not get people sometimes. How could anyone let a dog become so overweight? It's not all that difficult to control their portions and activity.
From what I understand, they did rescue him. So I'm guessing his previous owner's doing?
Old 08-31-2012, 01:04 PM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toller_08 View Post

It's my understanding that the original owner was elderly and possibly had dementia, and a family member eventually intervened. Too bad it wasn't sooner, though.

I think he's already lost something like 3-4 pounds, too, so... so far, so good.