Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-30-2012, 09:13 AM
Top Dog

I'm so sorry for your Dad and you. He sounds just miserable. I do hope they get him under control and things leveled out so he'll recover soon. Lots of get well vibes headed his way.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 08-30-2012, 04:20 PM
Top Dog

Thinking of you both!

The hospital will want to go paid so they should be trying to set him up with insurance if he is eligible in any way. To make sure put in a call to the social worker on his unit and discuss it. And mention the condition of his home. Is there a lot of confusion? Has his home always been like this? See if it looks like he has been eating at home. Is he depressed? Ask he been seen by psych and neuro if you think it's needed. They will get him stepped down to rehab at a nursing home sooner than you think likely.

And before he goes home they should have a diabetic educator really sit and explain things to him. May be good if your there.

How old is he? Sometimes just a uti can have some people way off. Hopefully he will be feeling much better soon.

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 08-30-2012, 04:26 PM
Top Dog

Sending lots of good thoughts your way!
Old 08-30-2012, 04:28 PM
Top Dog

(((hugs))) I am really sorry to hear about your Dad. I hope they're able to get him all sorted out soon! That sounds awful. Lots of good thoughts headed your way!

Ripley
Keira CGN
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM