Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-29-2012, 06:39 PM
Blackout

Default My family has lost it

F*cking p!ssed at this bunch.

1 - My brother is trying to BORROW money to pay for his puppy from myself and my mom. He says he prefers paying us back with minimal interest over a few months rather than tap into his savings (for a new gaming system with a higher end audio/visual set up apparently).

Mom may have given him $1000, I have not and will not give him a cent.

Katalin, her supplies, and expenses are out of my OWN pocket/money. Not a cent on her has been borrowed/stolen/begged.

2 - A older (70ish) relative suggested that he "sell Stephy's dog, looks expensive and should help out" - when they were just chatting after a long time without seeing each other at the house this morning; it was in context of a moderate loan my dad is still struggling to pay off. This relative has all her faculties intact and isn't by any means confused/disoriented.

My dad sternly told her that selling a family member wasn't going to be an option. She looked appalled and said how could he say something "so crazy" and that he should see a doctor if he does consider Katalin a family member.

At this point he flung the kitchen door open and told her politely, but firmly - to leave. She did so without (much) fuss.

Sooooooo ready to move out. D@mn.
All except when we happen to meet.

Stories, Poetry, and Musings
http://inugami1112.wordpress.com/

"And it's all been lost before, so there's nothing to lose..."

"There are those that love dogs insanely and those that don't. But once you like a dog, you're sunk. You're a dog person for life."

UKC Kuvasz Standard
AKC Kuvasz Standard
Old 08-29-2012, 06:41 PM
Top Dog

I like your dad!
Old 08-29-2012, 07:47 PM
Top Dog

Yeah, I like your Dad's thinking. The rest sound pretty irrational and your brother sounds too irresponsible to have a dog.

I hope you can move out soon too if it's a constant struggle for you with them.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 08-29-2012, 08:49 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

Yay to your dad, but your brother is an idiot, he obviously does not understand how expensivee dogs can be, even after the initial cost of the dog.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 08-29-2012, 08:56 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran27 View Post
I like your dad!
Me, too. WTG, "Dad!"
Old 08-29-2012, 10:11 PM
Blackout

Indeed - our relationship has been improving somewhat over the past little while and we've argued/fought ALOT less. Dad's much more reasonable and perhaps so am I - both of us have made fair concessions and it's paying off =)

My brother on the other hand... He's dead-set on the dog. Can't dissuade or stop him and mom has already given him some money. He bought a 40 pound bag of Pedigree crap from safeway today for a sale price of $20 something apparently - he brandished the bag and receipt in the kitchen saying "See? I'm buying this and since my dog will be so small it'll last at least a year and a half!" Oy vey... God help this puppy.

"There are those that love dogs insanely and those that don't. But once you like a dog, you're sunk. You're a dog person for life."

UKC Kuvasz Standard
AKC Kuvasz Standard
Old 08-29-2012, 10:27 PM
Top Dog

I would print out some prices on vaccines, spay/neuter, emergency vet care.... and stick it on the fridge. Don't say anything, just put it up.

I like your dad too.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:28 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Sorry you have to deal with so mich drama in your life hopefully you can move out on your own soon.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 08-29-2012, 11:58 PM
Blackout

Kilter,

Won't work - he keeps saying that cost will be low because he has a small dog. He says he expects to pay about $30 a month for his puppy's upkeep. He won't listen to me simply because Katalin is a giant breed and be believes smaller dogs just cost less.

I recanted to him many horrific food, vet, care, supply, behavioral, and training bills written out to owners of tiny dogs and likewise that size doesn't translate into cost/if you get a problematic dog. He would have none of it.

Ok then, let him have his way...

I'm skimped so I can't lend him anything anyways - even if I could though - I wouldn't.

UKC Kuvasz Standard
AKC Kuvasz Standard