Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-28-2012, 01:00 AM
Top Dog

Default Growing up...

I have always had a habit of buying one collar for a puppy and keeping it on them until they grow out of it as a symbol of "growing up".

Baloo has outgrown his collar. He is about 7-8 months. (I am not sure exactly how old..).. But it makes me so sad!

How many of you weep a little when your dogs grow out of puppyhood, or do you encourage it?

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 08-28-2012, 01:16 AM
Show Dog

Puppies.... NO I do not miss puppyhood, the sooner they get past it the better lol
Old 08-28-2012, 06:38 AM
Top Dog

Yup, puppy Afghan hounds and adult Afghan hounds are most often quite different. I mourn what will never be again, we have piles and piles of toys that have lost almost all their appeal

One of my girls was severely malnourished when we got her, she was already 13 months so she had done most of her growing, but as she got up to a healthy weight, we had to cut her first collar off her!
Not gonna lie, I cried. It seemed so symbolic of how far she'd come.

I tend not to buy lots of collars so it's a pretty big deal when one is 'retired'
Old 08-28-2012, 09:52 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

I miss the puppy stage, but not enough to relive it. It is crazy to realize that Chloe's current collar was Violet's puppy collar. Lol!

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 08-28-2012, 12:40 PM
Top Dog

Whats weird is that Scout's first owner got a super adjustable collar for her first one and she was still wearing it when I met her. So I have Scout's puppy collar, though I did not have Scout until she was 2. I guess eventual Mal puppeh will get to take a turn eh?
Old 08-28-2012, 12:59 PM
Top Dog

Bailey and Mammoth both came to us almost full grown, but each received an "ours" collar after they were officially adopted.

I don't think we still have Liberty's collar. He was a hellion and we were glad when he got too big to squeeze between the gaps in the fence

http://ejfoden.wix.com/efinkart
Old 08-28-2012, 01:27 PM
Sit! Good dog.

I bought a puppy collar for new dog, and so far can't imagine there's dogs small enough it will fit lol
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein