Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-27-2012, 09:56 PM
Top Dog

Yes, she's a Beauceron. And she's been looked over thoroughly by the vet, twice already I believe this year? but Jinj has something that's come up so might as well take both again I guess (she has issues when he goes and she doesn't anyway).

And no, not "harsh" in reality really, she's one of those temperaments where you just raise you voice, I'm sure you know what I mean?

And it's funny, Gonzo you mention the grass, I have noticed on mornings where she doesn't want to eat all her breakfast she's usually grazing on grass, doesn't make her sick at all, but she just walks around the garden fence munching like the sheep, lol. She doesn't do this licking that often, I noticed it about a year ago, never thought much of it not until this thread (because I finally got it on video) so I haven't a clue about behavior/daily patterns when she does it but I'll look for them next time. I did think a couple times it might be her teeth, but haven't been to sure, but the more it's mentioned I'm really thinking stomach ache.

So, you can give Prilosec to dogs? I've heard tums and might try those since I have them on hand, and I've given them before to Jinj when he gets digestive upset.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:05 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~WelshStump~ View Post
Yes, she's a Beauceron. And she's been looked over thoroughly by the vet, twice already I believe this year? but Jinj has something that's come up so might as well take both again I guess (she has issues when he goes and she doesn't anyway).

And no, not "harsh" in reality really, she's one of those temperaments where you just raise you voice, I'm sure you know what I mean?

And it's funny, Gonzo you mention the grass, I have noticed on mornings where she doesn't want to eat all her breakfast she's usually grazing on grass, doesn't make her sick at all, but she just walks around the garden fence munching like the sheep, lol. She doesn't do this licking that often, I noticed it about a year ago, never thought much of it not until this thread (because I finally got it on video) so I haven't a clue about behavior/daily patterns when she does it but I'll look for them next time. I did think a couple times it might be her teeth, but haven't been to sure, but the more it's mentioned I'm really thinking stomach ache.

So, you can give Prilosec to dogs? I've heard tums and might try those since I have them on hand, and I've given them before to Jinj when he gets digestive upset.
Yeah, just double check with your own vet. I can't remember the dose, it's been a while since she needed any. I'm not so sure about Tums. A pharmacist told me not to. I forget why. LOL. I remember asking something about that regarding dogs and he said there was something in some of those things that isn't good for dogs. But I don't remember what. It's all very vague,(my memory sucks) and it's been a long time. So, then I talked to my vet and he told me Prilosec. It never hurts just to ask and make double sure.

Yeah, if they're like Dobes, if you look at them cross-eyed, they are wounded to the core. LOL. Big babies. She sure looks like a nice dog.

Jose` eats grass a lot. He doesn't get sick either. I think he just likes it.

Well, I hope you get to the bottom of this and hope it's nothing much. Keep us posted.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 08-28-2012, 09:10 AM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~WelshStump~ View Post
Yes, and it's funny as the thread went on I started thinking "geez I wonder if this dog has some reflux?" when I reached this post. You should be able to get a dose from your vet.

Old 08-28-2012, 03:53 PM
and Fozzie B!

Fozzie is the same! I don't know how many times he's vommed in his whole life... maybe once or twice. But he grazes on grass regularly, and does so ravenously when ever he does the licky thing, yet never vomits as a result. Gonzo OTOH is bound to vomit up a pile of grass whenEVER he eats grass.

Pepto is safe for dogs are works well. They just hate it!!! After Gonzo's HGE, the Vet prescribed that a generic antacid be given daily.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 08-28-2012, 05:57 PM
Ruddy Buttinski

Just a thought, but maybe she's not eating her breakfast sometimes because it makes her naseous? Maybe it's all related.

My current project, becoming a nonprofit: Lost Pets of Southern California
Sienna's new blog: Reasons My Dog is Sulking