Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-27-2012, 08:56 AM
Top Dog

ACooper, I've been though some destructive, life-altering hurricanes. But no matter the negative impact, there is just something so awe-inspiring about them. They're so complex, and each level is different. The sheer force is just as beautiful as it is ugly.

It's so eerie when the eye of the storm gets over you. The rain stops, but the winds are so powerful and relentless. The clouds are moving and swirling. All is QUIET other than the sounds of the wind. You don't hear any birds or traffic noise. It just.....is.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:08 AM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miakoda View Post
ACooper, I've been though some destructive, life-altering hurricanes. But no matter the negative impact, there is just something so awe-inspiring about them. They're so complex, and each level is different. The sheer force is just as beautiful as it is ugly.

It's so eerie when the eye of the storm gets over you. The rain stops, but the winds are so powerful and relentless. The clouds are moving and swirling. All is QUIET other than the sounds of the wind. You don't hear any birds or traffic noise. It just.....is.

That feeling is what i LOVE !!!!!!! I am so excited. worried but expectant.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:41 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Stay safe, everyone! PLEASE keep us updated as much as you can... ugh, poor LA doesn't need any more hurricanes

We're getting pummeled with rain at the moment here! Our county is under a tornado warning. I'm thankful that we're not in the projected path, but we're going to be feeling a lot of the rain!

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 08-27-2012, 10:49 AM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post
Stay safe, everyone! PLEASE keep us updated as much as you can... ugh, poor LA doesn't need any more hurricanes

We're getting pummeled with rain at the moment here! Our county is under a tornado warning. I'm thankful that we're not in the projected path, but we're going to be feeling a lot of the rain!
you stay safe also, the rain is bad enough without any flooding.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:53 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -bogart- View Post
you stay safe also, the rain is bad enough without any flooding.
Thanks!

I really, really hope we don't flood. Our house/neighborhood is on a hill and we haven't flooded yet.

I'm hoping we don't lose power either- I have stuff for chicken tacos in my crockpot and I don't want it to not cook!

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 08-27-2012, 11:24 AM
Fila Love

Everyone try to stay safe and dry. I am going to head to the store to get extra water and canned stuff. While we are not expecting the hurricane, it is the time of year for us to get prepared.

The worse part of a hurricane, excluding the damage. Is the fricking noise. It constantly sounds like a huge train right outside your house, hours of it...until the eye hits. After that, it is dead quite. Then, more noise until the other side hits. After all of that...the heat is terrible.

I remember when Alicia hit back in 1983. I watched the barn get lifted off the horses. They all ran out, the barn set back down. Pretty scary. Trees were twisted like a big rope.

The power of a hurricane is so amazing.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:33 AM
We are Home.

We got stuff here and a house to go to if it gets bad here (our power goes out at the drop of a hat) but mostly like I told J. I have my grill, i have meat and I have juice and water and soda.

Stay safe guys!

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 08-27-2012, 11:47 AM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

bre , i know ya going to be alright! make J bring you coke icee though! lol

Filarotten , this thing could keep going that away , so ya'll stay safe also.

just spooky thinking back 7 years to what i was doing for Katrina. I am so thankful it is no where neer that level. i dont think i could handle another month exile.lol
Old 08-27-2012, 11:53 AM
<--------Orson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miakoda View Post

I can only imagine! Kevin said you can't understand unless you've actually experienced it.......I believe it.

Tornadoes are here and gone in a blink........they don't linger. *snap* It hits and it moves on (or peters out). They sounds like a freight train, but only when it's a right outside the door, just seconds....minutes at the very most, then back to normal. I really can't comprehend being in a tornado for hours and hours It blows my mind, and that is no pun intended! LOL
Old 08-27-2012, 11:55 AM
We are Home.

Jeremys talking about buying a generator for next season *rolleyes* I told him if it goes long enough to need a generator have tent will travel. Im really worried about the flooding here though. We have a cow pond behind us (500-600 ft i would say) and weve had non stop rain for weeks. Our watertable is so full its taking ditches almost a week to absorb all the water for a basic storm.

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie