Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-26-2012, 10:31 AM
Obey the Toad.

Default Time Management...

I really fail at it. It honestly seems like the rest of the world has better time management skills than I do. Anyone have any good time management tips and tricks?

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 08-26-2012, 10:36 AM
Top Dog

Lists lists lists lists! I keep a to-do list nearby at all times and cross things off as I knock 'em out. If I don't write it down and visually see what I need to do, I'll sit on the couch for hours not doing anything.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:37 AM
Ball Thrower

Always overestimate how long it will take.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:30 AM
Resident fainting goat

Lists/Agendas
These are my favorite agendas. HUGE AMOUNT OF SPACE EVERY WEEK. Monthly calendar and checklist
http://www.uncalendar.com/index.jsp
Daily to-do lists. Long term goals. The agenda is very open landscaped so you can choose what you want to do with each space.. making it a habit to write in it everyday has SAVED ME

if you aren't into agendas..my brother uses a small flashcard everyday. He transfer long term stuff/stuff he didn't do yet day by day and writes daily stuff he has to do as he goes on one side. His schedule is on the other side. Is it ghetto?A little bit! lol but it works. Write down a spot for every waking hour and fill in. Visual effects help.

Siri. or any other smartphone butler.
When I don't have time to write anything down.. having a moment to say "Siri, remind me tomorrow at 3 oclock to call ______" is so easy, and she never forgets

A watch. A real one. Lol crazy right? but having a watch has really helped me. Not a nice one I have to take off and deal with (that didn't work for me lol I was always so worried about it) but I got a plastic swatch watch that can last through anything and it has really helped get me back on track!

No curtains. Getting rid of those things really made a difference for me. My body wakes up (subcon.) gradually as the sun streams in.. and it makes it A LOT more realistic to get up in a sunny room then try to force myself up in a pitch black room.

TREATS!! lol this is my favorite part of time management. TREAT YO SELF. I give myself rewards for being early. It's amazing how many built in rewards there are.. leave for work early, the train is less crowded, there is no line at your favorite little cafe.. treat yourself to a croissant if you are 30 minutes early! a good coffee! Actually get to SIT DOWN on the train! Get to work/class/a date early and settle in and relax for a bit! Spend as much time fussing with your hair as you desire! lol

Hope it helps

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:31 PM
Obey the Toad.

Ok, that uncalender looks awesome!

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.