Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-25-2012, 02:51 PM
Resident fainting goat

Default Eating in bed?

Do you partake in this?

This was a VERY heated discussion at the dinner table. Because for some reason my brothers think I'm kind of neurotic when it comes to it.. but just.. NO! NEVER! ICK! NO!
The entire idea of it has just never sat well with me. Food stains.. crumbs.. food smells..just.. NO lol
A lot of my friends eat in bed all the time and just think I'm frikin weird about it lol but my bed is a comfy lavender laundry smelling clean space reserved for sleeping, cuddling, tv watching and sex! Lol maybe I'm just compulsive about crumbs.

So.. how do you feel about it?

Personally, I eat at tables. Hell, I've even eaten on a tray on my lap on the FLOOR instead of getting on my bed with food lol

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:53 PM
Top Dog

I'll do it occasionally.

I find it hilarious that you think eating is bed is grosser than sex in bed
Old 08-25-2012, 02:57 PM
*Now with Snark*

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklepaige View Post
i find it hilarious that you think eating is bed is grosser than sex in bed
hah!
Old 08-25-2012, 02:58 PM
Resident fainting goat

I have come to terms with the fact that my issue is a neurotic one and not one based on logic.
I have DOGS in bed as well (to be fair. I also am the kind of person that sprays/wipes down her dogs all the time) but STILL LOL

There's just something about the feeling of crumbs that drives me bonkers.

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 08-25-2012, 03:08 PM
Top Dog

If it's something that won't get everywhere like popcorn I don't have a problem. But anything like chips, cookies, bread, anything with crumbs I don't.

Even with 'clean' food I usually end up washing it that day anyway because paranoid me thinks she feels crumbs.

Old 08-25-2012, 03:11 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Hannah eats in our bed all the time lol. Just like a granola bar or fruit snacks or something. Things with crumbs that are easily swiped off. I have a little tv and vcr/dvd player in the bedroom and sHe likes to watch her movies in there and it gives me a few moments to just sit and have quiet sO that is worth every crumb

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 08-25-2012, 03:12 PM
Top Dog

Yup, I do. Not like obsessively but my only place to watch TV is in my bedroom, and there is NO where else to sit. The other TV's are taken over by other family members at night. So yes if I want to eat something while watching a show or a movie, I will eat in bed. But it's not like full course meals or anything lol.

Old 08-25-2012, 03:12 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoko View Post
If it's something that won't get everywhere like popcorn I don't have a problem. But anything like chips, cookies, bread, anything with crumbs I don't.

Even with 'clean' food I usually end up washing it that day anyway because paranoid me thinks she feels crumbs.
Oh popcorn is absolutely the worst for crumbs and hulls in the bed lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 08-25-2012, 03:18 PM
Top Dog

I generally sit in my computer chair when watching tv, eating..I almost never lay in bed and watch tv or something. So it doesn't really apply since I'm not in bed unless I'm sleeping.

Old 08-25-2012, 03:23 PM
Top Dog

We have a dinner table, but we never use it. Kind of annoys me. But, eh. We do eat a lot in bed, or in the game room. I don't particularly like it, but Jin can't just sit and eat. He has to multitask as he eats. And eating alone is just too depressing. So I wash sheets often and wipe off crumbs.