Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 12-27-2005, 10:21 PM
Joshstix Joshstix is offline
Active Pup
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxpoo
If you guys were true dog enthusiast, you would like and love all breeds whether pure or mixed.

Im just tired of all the bashing of mixed breeds.....as if they were some sort of evil dogs.
I can definately see your point here. The amount of rubbish that people go on about for mixed breeds here is preposterous. It's like people believe that all the pure breeds just appeared out of nowhere.

Honestly if people didn't have the courage and interests to cross a variety of breeds in order to get the result from the dogs that they were chasing then we would only have one breed of dogs.

No I don't breed crosses, I don't breed anything, all dogs I own are desexxed ASAP. I don't even own a cross bred dog both my dogs are Staffordshires. I do however understand breeding for a purpose, if I wanted a dog to use for a specific purpose such as pig hunting then I would never use a pure bred. There is no pure bred dog that would do as good a job as one that is bred specifically for the job, all the breeds that were bred for the job in the past have been diluted too much now to be used.

I don't think people should be randomly breeding anything in order to make money but I also don't think people should take this up as some kind of jihad, there is a hell of a lot more important things you could dedicate your time to.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 12-27-2005, 10:26 PM
Gallien Jacks Gallien Jacks is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,586
Default

breeding isnt something to be taken lightly, people who breed just because do not need sticking up for, no one thinks pure dogs just appeared, but there are enoigh probs with byb at the mo without people breeding designer breedes, yes all breeds have to start somewhere, but we have enough pure dogs to concerate on without adding more
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 12-27-2005, 10:27 PM
Gallien Jacks Gallien Jacks is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,586
Default

i am just curious have either of you posted an intro?
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 12-27-2005, 10:32 PM
joce's Avatar
joce joce is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,228
Default

just posting to cause trouble.


No one here has ever said they hate mutts. I have a mutt and many people do and they lov ethem but that is no reason for a perosn to purposely breed them. And wake up,really,it is not as easy as breeding a lab and a poodle to make a new breed seriouesly.

These people are not breeding for a purpose,but for the money. And dogs are what a devote my time and money to and I consider the rescueing I do a pretty noble cause,its not something worth dropping and agreeing to disagree when it costs dogs their lives,sorry. I'd almost like to know what is more important,people cna control themselves,animals need the help.
__________________


If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 12-27-2005, 10:38 PM
PixieSticksandTricks's Avatar
PixieSticksandTricks PixieSticksandTricks is offline
Athletic Labs. They Exist
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 10,799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxpoo
If you guys were true dog enthusiast, you would like and love all breeds whether pure or mixed.

Im just tired of all the bashing of mixed breeds.....as if they were some sort of evil dogs.
HELLOOOOOOOO im bashing the breeder who purposely breeds mixed breed dogs. When you can go and adopt that same mix at the pound for $50-$100. Its disgusting these breeders inbreed and overbreed their dogs. There is no betterment of the breed going on here. I OWN A MUTT (not yelling there btw) so I obviousely love dogs no matter the breed. I feel badly for these poor dogs my neighbor is breeding but it could all be dealt with fine if she just spayed and neutered her dogs and stopped BREEDING MUTTS.

If you want a mutt go to the pound. There is nothing wrong with a pound dog mutt or not they are just as good as these "designer dogs".
__________________
Sporting Dogs Make Me Smile
Mom to-
Maggie May (5 year old, American Cocker Spaniel)
Sawyer (2 year old, Labrador Retriever)
Morisson (2 year old, Lab/Beagle)
And aunt to-
Grace
aka my brothers/roommates dog.(1 year old, Lab/Shiba Inu)
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 12-27-2005, 10:40 PM
Gallien Jacks Gallien Jacks is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,586
Default

Yep a mutt from recsue is better than a inbred designer breed!
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 12-27-2005, 10:44 PM
xxxpoo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallien Jacks
No one is doing that you are mixing things up, mutts are great but there are enough in rescue more do not need to be added! We do love all dogs but we are just against adding to rescue, because we love dogs we care about their welfare!! If we didnt care then we would say all byb go ahead we are with you!

i am sorry but you havent yet given us any reason to think that you are a vet and not just saying that!
You're right! I haven't given you any reason to believe that i am vet, nor do i care what you choose to believe ...... it is what it is.

I search numerous animal forums on my spare time. I came across this forum and have seen nothing but bashing. I agree about BYB, but dont agree on bashing the "mutts" daily.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 12-27-2005, 10:46 PM
Gallien Jacks Gallien Jacks is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,586
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxpoo
You're right! I haven't given you any reason to believe that i am vet, nor do i care what you choose to believe ...... it is what it is.

I search numerous animal forums on my spare time. I came across this forum and have seen nothing but bashing. I agree about BYB, but dont agree on bashing the "mutts" daily.
As has been said no one is bashing mutts we just dont like the ones who breed them! if its that bad here then why are you here! as people have said you dont act like a vet, if you were my vet then I would change there is no room for vets that agree with breeding un tested dogs and mutts
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 12-27-2005, 10:46 PM
PixieSticksandTricks's Avatar
PixieSticksandTricks PixieSticksandTricks is offline
Athletic Labs. They Exist
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 10,799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshstix
Honestly if people didn't have the courage and interests to cross a variety of breeds in order to get the result from the dogs that they were chasing then we would only have one breed of dogs.

.
Ok I see what your getting at. BUT back then there was a need for different breeds to do different jobs.It was rare back then for them btw to be breeding dogs just for companions though it was done it was again RARE. Also back then we did not have the outbreak we have today of adandoned dogs in shelters and strays on the street. So why add to the problem? I understand some purebred breeders SOME who I still breeding dogs true to their working lines healthy and well off. But these new "Designer dogs" are nothing just a way to make a buck.

I mean lets think about how are these dogs helping to improve society? And don't even get at me with the Labradoodle being a service dog because that project was aborted and now people are just breeding them for pets. Most of these dogs are little mixbreeds. Why not just go and buy yourself a Pug or a Poodle or a Chi purebred or rescue a mix? Because people are shallow and they would rather be up on the latest "fads".

So you see breeding these dogs is pointless.
__________________
Sporting Dogs Make Me Smile
Mom to-
Maggie May (5 year old, American Cocker Spaniel)
Sawyer (2 year old, Labrador Retriever)
Morisson (2 year old, Lab/Beagle)
And aunt to-
Grace
aka my brothers/roommates dog.(1 year old, Lab/Shiba Inu)
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 12-27-2005, 10:48 PM
PixieSticksandTricks's Avatar
PixieSticksandTricks PixieSticksandTricks is offline
Athletic Labs. They Exist
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 10,799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxpoo
You're right! I haven't given you any reason to believe that i am vet, nor do i care what you choose to believe ...... it is what it is.

I search numerous animal forums on my spare time. I came across this forum and have seen nothing but bashing. I agree about BYB, but dont agree on bashing the "mutts" daily.
You must be blind I OWN AND LOVE MY MUTT.
__________________
Sporting Dogs Make Me Smile
Mom to-
Maggie May (5 year old, American Cocker Spaniel)
Sawyer (2 year old, Labrador Retriever)
Morisson (2 year old, Lab/Beagle)
And aunt to-
Grace
aka my brothers/roommates dog.(1 year old, Lab/Shiba Inu)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:17 PM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site