Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-23-2012, 10:39 PM
Blackout

Or perhaps a walk with Clint or Fred would help as well - A local CAS and Caucasian O I am both familiar with. They are...daunting to say the least.
All except when we happen to meet.

Stories, Poetry, and Musings
http://inugami1112.wordpress.com/

"And it's all been lost before, so there's nothing to lose..."

"There are those that love dogs insanely and those that don't. But once you like a dog, you're sunk. You're a dog person for life."

UKC Kuvasz Standard
AKC Kuvasz Standard
Old 08-23-2012, 10:56 PM
Top Dog

What a nightmare! Poor Mammoth, I can't even imagine going through that! I'd be carrying a stick and some pepper spray next time!
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 08-24-2012, 09:34 AM
Little dog, big voice

Poor guy! Hopefully he starts feeling a little better. I also would've done the exact same thing.. except I probably would've been even more forceful about it. I'd feel bad about hurting a dog too, but if they were going to hurt my dogs, I'd be sure to stop them. Especially considering Cali is a grand total of five pounds, and Moses would probably just sit there and take it.. seeing as how he's 11 with not a single mean bone in his body.

I agree with everyone else, I'd go to whoever is the main authority in your town.

The two and a half year old papillon. Crazy. Social butterfly. Clever.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:51 PM
Top Dog

Ugh, I'm sorry... I feel your rages, i've been put in that situation more times than I care to count. And 9 times out of 10 the owner is standing 30ft away not doing a **** thing! Grrr!

And people think there's something wrong with Scout that she sometimes fear barks at strange off leash dogs now (usually only when Lily is with us because she is more confident with her whole "pack" present). I actually had a supposed friend tell me dogs who bark at other dogs shouldn't be allowed in public... I kinda went off on her.

Gee she wouldn't be afraid if it weren't for jerks who refuse to control/contain their dog aggressive dogs.

I would love to see Kharma deal with situations like this. Of course then she'd be in trouble because everyone know the widdle labby wabby poos would never start a fight. Ugh, just can't win!

Lol, can you tell how sick I am of this crap?
Old 08-24-2012, 01:01 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeys23 View Post
Ugh, I'm sorry... I feel your rages, i've been put in that situation more times than I care to count. And 9 times out of 10 the owner is standing 30ft away not doing a **** thing! Grrr!

And people think there's something wrong with Scout that she sometimes fear barks at strange off leash dogs now (usually only when Lily is with us because she is more confident with her whole "pack" present). I actually had a supposed friend tell me dogs who bark at other dogs shouldn't be allowed in public... I kinda went off on her.

Gee she wouldn't be afraid if it weren't for jerks who refuse to control/contain their dog aggressive dogs.

I would love to see Kharma deal with situations like this. Of course then she'd be in trouble because everyone know the widdle labby wabby poos would never start a fight. Ugh, just can't win!

Lol, can you tell how sick I am of this crap?
Kharma has a unique way of dealing with it, lol. She pees in their faces, or, if they're REALLY obnoxious, she'll crap. She likes to let them know how insignificant they are and exactly what her opinion of them is. The farthest she's ever had to go with any of them is a quick airsnap a few whisker-widths away from the face. Tallulah's been the only one fool enough not to back up Even the neighbor's white GSDs that are notorious for aggressive behavior give her a wide berth now. I think the fact that she's so SUDDEN -- she can be facing away and do an instantaneous 180 and finish a snap in front of the face in the time it takes the other dog to almost finish their lunge -- changes the dynamic, lol.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 08-24-2012, 01:19 PM
Top Dog

Poor Mammoth.

You're better than me, because not only would I have beaten those dogs senseless, I would've whipped out my cell phone and called the local police. My next call would've been to Animal Control. Unless you report these idiots, and repeatedly, then they'll never stop. Trust me. I lost a dog in almost the same way. The difference is the other dog's owner grabbed a shotgun and shot MY dog.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:36 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Sorry to hear that. Don't feel bad about hitting the other dogs. I'd have hit, kicked, punched, choked, etc. until the dogs left mine alone.

When Xena was little, a bully mix down the street got out and attacked Xena, my kids and my wife (nobody was home, the dog got the window open and then jumped through the screen). Mrs. Q choked that dog off until it let go and continued choking until it got docile. She released it and it ran back home. The dog got off lucky, IMO.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:50 PM
Top Dog

Poor mammoth. I agree with calling the authorities. They won't change. Jerks like that seem to feel power when their dogs bully other dogs and people who are minding their own business. I hope mammoth will be ok. Back in Idaho my son shot his gun in the air to get an aggressive dog away. That worked. There, it would not be out of the realm to kill the dog, but he wouldn't do that. And of course, in the city you can't discharge fire arms usually. Pepper spray is hard to do without getting your dog or yourself. I wonder what weapon would be best. I guess what you did worked. I can't believe what that jerk said. I suppose if you called the authorities, he might be imbalanced enough to retaliate.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 08-24-2012, 02:17 PM
Active Pup

I would be angry too. He obviously doesn't understand that friendly dogs don't charge others. If he wanted to introduce his dogs to yours it should have been on a leash. Besides that his only defense was that his dogs are friendly, but what if yours isn't. You were doing the right thing and keeping yours on a leash. You have every right to be angry. So sorry poor mammoth and you were traumatized by that idiot.
Consider how sad it is that a person who owns 2 dogs doesn't understand anything about dogs in general. He's missing out on a whole different world with his dogs by pure ignorance.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:00 PM
such sights to show you

I just don't understand when the other dog's owner does absolutely nothing. Years ago, my husband and I were walking our dog Roxy through the neighborhood and we walked by a house that had the door propped open (I think they were either getting or getting rid of some furniture, I don't really remember). As we passed by, two small dogs came tearing out of the house barking and carrying on and as the owner stood just watching it all happen, one of them leapt up on her, grabbed her throat, and literally hung from her throat/neck growling and gyrating.

Fortunately it was wee enough that it only got a mouthful of skin and hair, and sweet old Roxy just stood there trying to look at it hanging from her neck and didn't fight back, but for crying out loud - act like you give a crap, lady. I grabbed it by the scruff, it let go and when I gave it to her I told her YOUR DOGS SHOULD BE CONFINED OR ON A LEASH IF THEY'RE GOING TO ACT THAT WAY. She says, "But they didn't mean to hurt anyone!"

What? Just what? I'm pretty sure when your dog latched onto my dog's neck, it meant to hurt her -- AND IT DID. The skin wasn't broken, but she was badly bruised. Lady didn't even apologize. I just don't get it. I'd be mortified if our roles were reversed and I would have groveled the grovelling of a lifetime.