Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-27-2012, 10:15 AM
Top Dog

My name is seriously uncommon around here at least. It's Irish. Prounounced Fail-in. Spelled Falon. I used to hate it and went through a phase where I wanted everyone to call me by some variation of my middle name (Elizabeth). With the exception of my best friend at the time, that did not happen.

My fiance is Chinese and I will be taking his last name and so will our kids some day. So, I want Irish/Gaelic names if I can for them.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:40 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grab View Post
They have twins: a Lily and an Alice
Lily is so cute. It's really got a nice sound to it. I like Iris too. But Ivy is super duper cute, I think. Gosh, you can name a child after a flower or a month...lots of things. lol. June, April (we had a cat named April) I think that's cute too.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 08-27-2012, 12:21 PM
Top Dog

Oh, I almost forgot. My own sister's name is Gretchen. Nobody names their girls Gretchen. I hardly ever hear it. And I love it. A good German name. Or how 'bout Gretta? Cute, huh.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 08-27-2012, 12:23 PM
Blonde Raccoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
/shrug. The bus driver here at work has been calling me Kayla for the last three years. I thought he was just slurring at first and by the time I realized what he was saying it would have been really awkward to correct him. So I've just let it go for the last....three years or so. Lol.
That's happened to me too. My old boss thought that my name was Elizabeth. He must have gotten the queens' names confused (I'm Victoria). I corrected him a couple times but it was such a busy place and he must have forgotten .. and he kept calling me Elizabeth. Eventually I just started responding.

Paris - On Target's Oooh La La
Seamus O'Grady, the supermutt.

& Sally, never forgotten.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:09 PM
Top Dog

Lol tortilla... funny, you succumbed.

Thomas Jefferson
Old 08-28-2012, 01:38 PM
Let it be

There was a joke about calling this baby Ruthless if it ends up being a girl. Ruth for short.