Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 12-16-2004, 08:21 AM
Andy

yeah i saw those dogs on there too. my aunt she breeds mixed breeds. she isnt really a big breeder but she breeds them for herself and for relatives. right now she is trying to breed roxy with a havanese. theyre doign great together. they are the smartest pair ever. my uncle locked up roxy in her crate becuase he was trying to get her to use the bathroom outside and then the havanese strotted in (he has the cutest penguin stroll ever!) and they both worked together and opened the lock. they sleep together and never leave each other. ok so does anyione have any other info or suggestions?? and chis the "cuddly" kinda dogs? i might try to get my mom to let me go check out teh animal shelter sometime.
Old 12-16-2004, 10:28 AM
Top Dog

I don't really have any experience with Chis but I do know that they like to be cuddled!!! Good websites to check out to learn more about the temperment of the Chi are
www.yourpurebredpuppy.com
www.dogfancy.com
www.akc.org

Anyways, good luck to you!

(And I'm that you decided not to get the Basenji. I've done research on them and I didn't think they fit your criteria to well. Ya, Southern Girl09, I was wondering about that breed list too! lol But at least you didn't make that up yourself with all of the Labradoodles and stuff. I would have been concerned. lol )
Old 12-16-2004, 03:27 PM
Andy

oh i never knew that. thanks for the info. but youre saying all of those dogs that are mixed breeds all came from bad breeders? you shouldnt mix breed? wow i never knew that. i always thought it was just like normal breeding.
basically i want a house dog. a dog that can live in the house and doesnt need to be outdoors. the cuddling part and the easy to train part is just an add on. i just think itll be great to have one of them becuase after having roxy, training is ALOT harder than i thought. ill do more research on the chi to see if its right for me. i heard from many people that its really stubborn and is hard to train but i guess not all chis are the same. in the meantime, keep the suggestions coming. theyre all great and very helpful
Old 12-16-2004, 04:03 PM
Top Dog

You might want to look into a Cocker Spaniel. My Sadie is a sweetheart and only wants to please us. She will jump up and sit on your lap every chance she gets, even when you don't want her too.

I've heard different things about Cocker's being snippy. But I could never imagine Sadie being that way. She's a complete doll ! I call her flopsy mopsy lol
Old 12-16-2004, 04:10 PM
Andy

but the thing is that they have too much hair. my mom has a slight allergy problem, like i said, and she will never buy one.
Old 12-16-2004, 04:34 PM
an5gel99

I would reccomend a Yorkshire terrier or a Mini Poodle or even a standard poodle. those breeds dont shed and can have long hair or even short hair. good luck!!!!!
Old 12-16-2004, 04:46 PM
GSP/Lab Mix!

Serena- Sorry about that. I didnt make it up my self they were on that site.

Carzy- Yes.. Chihuahua's are the ones that love to be cuddled and are very funny and love to be the center of attention. There are probally alot of Small chi mixes in shelters and rescue's near you.

Rose- Yea I was just putting down all what it said..Just so Crazy could look into it
Old 12-16-2004, 06:01 PM
Top Dog

Oh, I think a remember reading something in a DogFancy magazine about dogs that are good for allergy sufferers. Let me go get it.......here is the list of dogs they gave that are better for Canine Allergens:
Most of the following breeds shed less because they have only a single layer of hair: Basenji, Bedlington Terrier, Bichon Frise, Chinese Crested, Irish Water Spaniel, Italian Greyhound, Kerry Blue Terrier, Malates, Poodle, Portuguese Water Dog, Schnauzer, Sof Coated Wheaten Terrier, and Xlolitzcuintli (Mexican Hairless Dog).

Those IMO are only some of the breeds that allergens can have. Anyways, I hope the Chi works out for you!
Old 12-16-2004, 09:26 PM
Top Dog

My grandmother had two Schnauzers (Touser, and Cindy). They are adorable! Terrier's are great too. However, my Westie is very loving and will allow you to snuggle with her, but she very rarely will come up and snuggle with you. Not being snobby, but she's independant and she JUST turned one in Sept. They're alot of dog in a small body, LOL. But, that is just my dog's personality.
Old 12-17-2004, 01:57 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern_girl09
Carzy- Yes.. Chihuahua's are the ones that love to be cuddled and are very funny and love to be the center of attention. There are probally alot of Small chi mixes in shelters and rescue's near you.
My Chi hates to be cuddled..but then again, he's just abnormal altogether..............................anyways..