Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-22-2012, 05:25 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Default Hard decisions

It's been a crazy few weeks.

I've had to do the hardest things I've ever done by helping to put the old man dog down. He was in a lot of pain and it was the right decision, but it was so hard to be there with them when it was done. He had a fantastic last day. We took him to a brand new beach, he went in the water a few steps to cool off, played a bit with Art, and he was super happy. The saddest thing is we scheduled to put him down on the 28th, but we woke up the day after the beach trip to find he wouldn't move and couldn't get up. He was whining and crying and so we rushed to the E-vet. By the time we got there his stomach was huge and hard. He bloated on us on one of his last remaining days. We made the decision to euthanize right then and let him have no more pain.

It's been hard coming into the house and not having him here. It's been very quiet. So, they've made the decision to get another dog. I don't know if it's a great time, but I figure they know when the right time is better than I do.

So they are waiting to be approved for a puppy bully boy. I'll be here for a few months with them and the pup to help them out, but they are going to do puppy classes and socialization classes. They know the good and the bad and if approved will meet the puppy soon.

Also on good news, I found a new apartment that I'm super excited about. They have no breed or weight limits and are super nice and dog friendly. They even have a 4 acre private dog park on their property.

So I've just wanted to update on everything.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:42 PM
Felurian

But what a last day you had together! It sounds like he really chose his own time ((((((HUGS))))))) It's so hard to let go . . .

The rest of it sounds promising thought. The sweet with the bitter, and I'm glad you're doing okay.

By the way, Dina's still got some dogs to place. I'm pretty sure she's still got my little Frosty <3

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 08-23-2012, 07:35 AM
Love my pets

I'm so sorry. Hugs
Old 08-23-2012, 09:33 AM
Top Dog

I'm so sorry for your loss. it was his time which you let you know. your new apartment sounds great... a private big place for dogs to run and play...wonderful.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 08-23-2012, 12:09 PM
Mild and Slightly Nutty

Sorry for your loss

It is nice to have such a beautiful last day to remember him by though.

Congratulations on finding a great appartment!

A gold brick wrapped with a twist of lemon...

Visit the Curly-tailed Brigade
http://curly-tailed.blogspot.com/
Old 08-23-2012, 12:23 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

So sorry for your loss. I teared up reading about your last day on the beach together. It sounded magical.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 08-26-2012, 08:27 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Thanks everyone

So puppy plans have changed slightly. It went from being a male pitty puppy, to a female st. bernard mix puppy. lol Not much of a change..... .....yeah..... lol

They went to meet the pit pups and the guy at the shelter mentioned he was fostering some st bernard mix puppies and the mom (she's either st bernard badly bred or st bernard with something else thrown in) and after they saw a pic and talked to the guy for a while, they decided to go look. Of course that was a BIG mistake because they spent three hours visiting the one remaining puppy and absolutely fell in love and reserved her on the spot. lol

It's good though, I think she will be a better fit than a bully pup I think she's suppose to be here tuesday or wednesday, but can't remember if that's the right day, so.....there is soon to be a lot of puppy pictures!

On a good plus, I can see how Art enjoys having an annoying puppy around