Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-22-2012, 10:41 PM
Top Dog

Ugh, I will never have a puppy if I can help it! We adopted Lucy at 3, which I think was pretty much perfect. She still had boundless energy, but never destroyed anything and was completely housetrained.

She's 7(ish) now, and I absolutely adore this age. I wish I could freeze time. We can go go go, but when we're done now she's actually TIRED--that never happened when we first got her!
Old 08-22-2012, 11:24 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

I really lucked out with Cricket. She had her moments, but for the most part she was a really easy puppy. I would not mind going through the puppy stages again with a dog like her.

I had planned to get an Ibizan puppy next Spring and was fine dealing with a puppy again, but I definitely have to say I prefer adult dogs. That's why I'm super happy actually that I got my Ibizan as a young adult. He is old enough that he is past some annoying puppy stages, but still a young dog. Eventually I will get my Ibizan pup, but my limit is three dogs so its going to probably be a long time before that happens.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 08-23-2012, 12:34 AM
Let it be

I am not interested in owning a puppy. Adult dogs for me please and well behaved ones at that.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:35 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaospony View Post
I'm in the opposite state of mind now! My girls just turned two and suddenly toys are not nearly as appealing, sleeping is the preferred way to pass time and other dogs are meant for sitting watching, not playing with
Bodhi is 7 very soon and has never stopped those things!!! I think I got a faulty one!!! Except she has never played with other dogs... Even as a puppy!!!
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 08-23-2012, 02:22 AM
BusterLove

As much as I loved Quinn being a puppy. I love now that she's more grown up.

Old 08-23-2012, 05:21 AM
Will Creep For Sheep

No way, I ask Wesley every day why he's not grown up yet. I really don't like puppies, I like what they grow into. I just sort of "get through" puppyhood.

www.brigadoonbordercollies.com
http://brigadoonbc.wordpress.com/

Do you want your dog to respect you because you demanded it, or because you truly earned it?
Old 08-23-2012, 06:55 AM
Top Dog

And Tucker wasn't cuddly as a puppy either. You'd think he wanted to cuddle and then he'd just start biting you. Now he cuddles like a pro.

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 08-23-2012, 11:15 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Seabee is 9 months old...and I'm already ready for her to be grown up. Lol It isn't that I mind her puppiness, but since I haven't had her since she was 8 weeks she hasn't grown up knowing my rules and expectations, which makes things a little difficult at times because her untrained, ungoverned puppiness conflicts with my rules. So it isn't so much I'm ready for her to not be a puppy...I'm just ready for her to know the rules.

Old 08-23-2012, 11:17 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

I'm glad Violet isn't still a puppy. She was adorable but she's so much easier and well behaved now. However she's pretty much the only dog I've felt that way about. I'm a huge puppy person and I absolutely adore puppies! Ideally my next dog will be a puppy when I get him/her.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)