Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-24-2012, 10:53 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post

I was looking at Meg's unused Paco collar, and it does seem really smooth there. I'm scared to order him one though, since he's even smaller than Meg, and I don't use hers because of how heavy it is. I wish there was a local place that carried their collars.
Jackson had a black leather Paco that was pretty stiff.... but the 3/4" tan leather is SOOO soft. His is actually 3/4" with the buckle tapered to 1/2" but, yeah, I was kind of worried about ordering him another because I wasn't extremely impressed with my first one. But the tan one he has now is by far the softest collar ever, I have no worries about leaving it on him all day, or even during the night (tho I typically always take any collar off him at night). Also not heavy at ALL. very lightweight.

Old 08-25-2012, 07:11 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Jackson had a black leather Paco that was pretty stiff.... but the 3/4" tan leather is SOOO soft.
But tan would be so ugly on Gusto Was the black collar the same width? I wonder if they use lighter leather for the smaller sizes.

Old 08-25-2012, 09:59 AM
Water Junkie

Quote:
But tan would be so ugly on Gusto Was the black collar the same width? I wonder if they use lighter leather for the smaller sizes.
Lizzie has a tan Paco and I really like the tan on her. It pops very well. And it darkens considerably as time passes.

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 08-25-2012, 12:35 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
The rolled collars worry me, because he definitely does not walk nicely on a leash all the time. He needs to be in a collar when I'm at work; my mother takes care of the dogs during the day, and her hands are too arthritic to get collar on and off easily. I do take it off in the evening and he sleeps without it on.
They worry you because you worry about strength? Grace is (still!) a crazy little scavenger on walks (stubborn teenage girl and as strong as a ~40 lb determined puppy can be), and I don't have any concerns about it holding up. And it's super lightweight. I also really don't like heavy hardware for my two.

I'm definitely not an expert, but I did quite like the people at the company I linked earlier (and braided matching leashes) are holding up well IMO.

Bailey has the Planet Dog hemp collar (and leash) and it is soft, but I didn't notice any positive changes in terms of his ruff hair breakage (he had to wear it all day when he was at daycare). Neither did I with the Ella's Lead satin lined collars. B doesn't have the best coat, though.
Old 08-25-2012, 01:24 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
They worry you because you worry about strength?
Oh, not the strength. He's a little guy, so barring a severe malfunction, I don't think collar strength will ever be a huge issue. I worry that they are so thin they will concentrate all the pressure in a small area if he hits the end of the leash hard.

I think I have one of the hemp collars floating around somewhere that I got for Meg at one point. I'll have to see if I can dig it up and see if it looks like it will help matters.

Old 08-26-2012, 09:06 AM
Top Dog

Oh, geesh- I just thought of another alternative- soy collars. They are super soft.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:14 AM
& the Muttly Crew

Yeah I have soy collars. They are great and don't break the fur. They also dry quickly and seem to remain pretty comfortable while wet, which is important for Kim and Mira.

I also have two Nearly Naked Neckwear collars ( http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nearly...06947779377882 ) which very smooth and well stitched. I just got them but honestly can't imagine them rubbing. The stitching is flawless. I'll try to get pictures later today -- need to go meet up with MORE Spotty Dogs now :P

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13