Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-21-2012, 03:16 PM
PSD Partner

Default Baby Name Ideas

So we still are unsure of the sex of the baby. Maybe we will find out on Thursday during the ultrasound(that would be awsome). Until then though I am trying to keep my mind busy to not get overly stressed about the appointment so I thought I would see what you guys thought of our names that we are considering. For a girl we know we are using this for sure.

Girl:
Serenity Rose

For a boy we are still coming up with ideas but we are considering this one:
Nico Owen

What do you guys think of it? I know it sounds different and we like different. If you guys have any interesting ideas or matches to either of those names let me know.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:18 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleLJ View Post
So we still are unsure of the sex of the baby. Maybe we will find out on Thursday during the ultrasound(that would be awsome). Until then though I am trying to keep my mind busy to not get overly stressed about the appointment so I thought I would see what you guys thought of our names that we are considering. For a girl we know we are using this for sure.

Girl:
Serenity Rose

For a boy we are still coming up with ideas but we are considering this one:
Nico Owen

What do you guys think of it? I know it sounds different and we like different. If you guys have any interesting ideas or matches to either of those names let me know.

I love serenity rose.. that's so pretty. I also love the name owen Hey... don't forget to pm me your address so i can send you that cleft palate info

Facebook link to Nancys creations:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Nan...28615003818171
Old 08-21-2012, 03:25 PM
PSD Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy2394 View Post
I love serenity rose.. that's so pretty. I also love the name owen Hey... don't forget to pm me your address so i can send you that cleft palate info
When I heard the name Serenity I fell in love with it right away and Rose just seemed to fit too.

We are considering Nico Owen because this is what they mean:
Nico - Italian - Victory of the People
Owen - Irish - Young Fighter

He is defiantely a fighter already so the meanings of both fit so nicely.

PMing you now
Old 08-21-2012, 03:27 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Is there a reason you're going with Rose? It definitely doesn't scream "different" to me... definitely popular

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 08-21-2012, 03:32 PM
Top Dog

Nico reminds me of Nicomedes and Gaius Julius Caesar. But I don't think many people are history buffs like me, so you should be safe with that.

I love the name Rose, too, although it is very popular, as with Serenity Rose. Not different, if that's what you are looking for. Pretty, though.

Don't know if you've come by this site yet, but it's quite helpful in finding names, their meanings, and origins. http://www.behindthename.com/
Old 08-21-2012, 03:33 PM
PSD Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
Is there a reason you're going with Rose? It definitely doesn't scream "different" to me... definitely popular
We just liked how it seemed to blend smoothly with the first name. Then we found out a dear friend of Dougs the middle name of Rose is very important and used usually for the first daughter in their family. He loved that. So Rose was it.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:36 PM
PSD Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
Nico reminds me of Nicomedes and Gaius Julius Caesar. But I don't think many people are history buffs like me, so you should be safe with that.

I love the name Rose, too, although it is very popular, as with Serenity Rose. Not different, if that's what you are looking for. Pretty, though.

Don't know if you've come by this site yet, but it's quite helpful in finding names, their meanings, and origins. http://www.behindthename.com/
Yup go there to check out meanings when we like something. Very helpful. Around here Serenity is a very unusual name. I have never met anyone with that name. And the meaning is important too. Rose is popular though but fits nice.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:44 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleLJ View Post
Yup go there to check out meanings when we like something. Very helpful. Around here Serenity is a very unusual name. I have never met anyone with that name. And the meaning is important too. Rose is popular though but fits nice.
serenity is not that common here either. Rose is fairly common.. but i agree, it does flow with serenity.

Facebook link to Nancys creations:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Nan...28615003818171
Old 08-21-2012, 03:58 PM
Resident fainting goat

I usually avoid names that are also adjectives (serenity, prudence, grace) because the kids tend to spend their whole lives trying to do the opposite or people assuming they are a certain way because of it..that kind of thing. I once knew a girl named Prudence.. umm..we won't get into that lol let's just say she was NOT like her name.

That aside,I really like Nico! Umm..I've always liked the name Tristan for boys and Jillian for girls
I love that you guys are choosing middle names.. those are very useful if your parents are REALLY MAD and need to use your whole name.

My middle name is Primrose.. it doubles as a kind of nickname.. my mom is the only one who calls me Prim, which is special.