Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-23-2012, 01:14 PM
<--------Orson

Just for the record, in the years I've been here, I've seen things from all ends of the spectrum on chaz. That is why we have sub forums, and especially the Hydrant. Many different interests for many interesting members.

Regardless of tags, there was plenty of caution given to would be clickers IMO. Clicked it and have clickers remorse? Learn better than to click next time. Don't let nosiness take over. *shrugs*

I don't like anime in good or bad taste. Generational thing maybe? IDK
Old 08-23-2012, 06:49 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox View Post
Thank GOODNESS - I think you're the first (along with another Chazzer on this thread) to say that you didn't like Wolf's Rain. Everyone else tells me it is mindblowingly amazing. Frankly, I did not like it at all, and tried to watch it on multiple occasions. It just didn't do anything for me. The characters, the style, the futuristic aspect, the story line, the dialogue, the subplots... just didn't like it. I think I remember the picture quality was nice? And that was pretty much it.
Can add me to that list :/

I love anime. Haven't watched too much lately but I use to watch shows just because it was anime and at the time it wasn't all over the internet like it is now. I just thought it had a mediocre story and mediocre art.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:44 PM
Aussie Obssessed

I love certain animes, I'll watch pretty much anything but 90% of the stuff I watch I don't really like it's just something new to see.
"Voices of a Distant Star" had me bawling I might add, whoever it was that mentioned that one.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:00 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keechak View Post
I love certain animes, I'll watch pretty much anything but 90% of the stuff I watch I don't really like it's just something new to see.
"Voices of a Distant Star" had me bawling I might add, whoever it was that mentioned that one.
Me. THANKS FOR REMEMBERING GEEZ

That was my favorite of Makoto Shinkai's. It seemed different from his other films, which I found pleasantly surprising (not that I don't enjoy his others as well).

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoko View Post
Can add me to that list :/

I love anime. Haven't watched too much lately but I use to watch shows just because it was anime and at the time it wasn't all over the internet like it is now. I just thought it had a mediocre story and mediocre art.
Yeah, I mean, it's not horrendous, but it's not good. Add that to the fact that I rather looked forward to watching it (was in my "wolves are so badass and the coolest things ever" phase)... just pretty flat out disappointing. I was probably scowling the entire time.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:13 PM
Top Dog

I was the other one who wasn't thrilled with Wolf's Rain, I think. It was all hype, no result. I always felt like huge parts of the story were missing, too. And they never filled you in. Just ended it all rather...poorly.

Inuyasha was another one that was so hype and mainstream. Loved it in my teenager days, but looking back....OMG it was so terrible!
Old 08-23-2012, 11:18 PM
Top Dog

I think it's all about taste. I adore Wolf's Rain, I find it absolutely beautiful, and I thought the ending was brilliant, especially when I fully understood it and considering the mythology surrounding it.

I can't stand most anime, though. Despised Samarai Champloo, and the various "light-hearted" anime I've seen. Cowboy Bebop was good, as was Studio Ghibli's films.