Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-19-2012, 11:24 AM
Glutton for Crazy

I'm American and I love the American pit bull terrier as well as the deckers line rat terriers but not for any patriotic reason.

My mother is italian and my father is Lithuanian but I've never been drawn to a breed from their countries either.

I love my boyfriend who is Irish but I'll never own another wheaten terrier.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:24 PM
Top Dog

I'm Canadian and Asian.

I don't care for the Asian breeds like chows, Peis, Tzus, etc. either.

Canada..hmm Tollers, Newfies? I like Tollers, am indifferent to Newfies. Too big, too much drool and hair.

I love Papillons and BCs, so French and English?
Old 08-19-2012, 12:38 PM
Resident fainting goat

The only Haitian dogs I know are ..well..

and given the right circumstance, I would love the bring a street dog pup home!
Old 08-19-2012, 12:43 PM
Top Dog

I'm Korean. I LOVE the look of Asian dogs. I'd even go far as to say I think they are some of the nicest/prettiest/handsomest looking dog breeds.

I personally love mutts though. I'll always be a mutt fan they aren't limited to one country though

Old 08-19-2012, 01:06 PM
Let it be

Canada has some pretty cool breeds that came from here. None of them are breeds I am into though.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:12 PM
The Littlest Hound

I never even thought of this before, haha! Apparently I'm kind of a European mutt of some sort? I know my dad's side of the family was heavily German and, ta-da, I love my Plotts

The Plotts:
UKC GRCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Liz
CH CCH CA 'PR' Jebb's Bayou Rage OFA Hips: Good

And the "off-colored" hounds:
Daisy Duke Garrett CGC, RA & my <3 dog (basset)

Very Missed:
UKC GRCH CCH 'PR' Skyplott Teddy Bearhug
UKC CH CCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Irresistible You
'PR' Dead River K-N-A Swagger - the BAD puppy!
(and Autumn, the feist.)
Old 08-19-2012, 01:33 PM
Taxiderpy

Hermmm... not really sure. Really mixed, and I like a lot of different breeds. I own an eastern European breed and am seriously considering a kuvasz, TM or something along those lines and they are a couple of the few ethnicities NOT in my background, lol.

Although, Greece was the portal for sighthounds to get into the rest of Europe so maybe that counts.

ETA: Not really a fan of most American breeds in terms of owning them, except the American staghound.
Old 08-19-2012, 02:13 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhucca View Post
Well, the canadian breeds fit me pretty dang well. Tollers and labs, absolutely golden. Newfies are a bit too large and drooly but I love them all the same too.

As for dogs from Scotland, they are mostly a miss. I'm not too sure on all of them, but there's the scottish deerhound, scottish terrier, Shetlie and collie, border terriers, border collies???, and the westie. I'm sure I'm missing some more, but those are the ones I can recall from my memory.

I'd own a Border Terrier out of the bunch. I do love border collies but at this time I have no intention on going out to get one. If it was the right dog, sure.
i thought labs were created in britain from the lesser st johns waterdog. i know the AKC in the 1920s considered them a short coat variety of the british breed Retreiver (flat & curly were the other varieties).
Old 08-19-2012, 02:22 PM
Fluffy Corgi Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihartgonzo View Post
I don't like Asiatic breeds at all, either! For the most part. Some of them are just stunning but 100% do not fit me or my ideal type of dog. It seems like many sharp, temperamental breeds come from Asia, with personalities that are more cat-like than most.
I don't like most either for this reason. I just do not like their personalities/temperaments. There are of course exceptions. Also, I have a soft spot for Pekingese because my family has always had them.

I'm definitely born to love corgis though. =P

Eevee
13-year-old F Border Collie Mix - My Heart Dog!
Ravinel Fox Magick, CGC (Shippo)
8-year-old M Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Cheetah's Training Blog
Old 08-19-2012, 02:23 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlottMom View Post
I never even thought of this before, haha! Apparently I'm kind of a European mutt of some sort? I know my dad's side of the family was heavily German and, ta-da, I love my Plotts
according to the Rev. Jackson's research Johanes (Jonathon) Plott did NOT have any dogs w/ him when he got off the boat in the NE. However after his trip down the Cumberland Road through the Scots-Irish highland communities of western VA, he arrived in NC with several dogs. So the Plott like many Americans are of obscure/unknown ancestry but still outstanding performers.

i like the Plott & most purely american breeds in part because (like me) their ancestry isn't 100% certain and 100% pure anything but 100% American performance at unforgiving jobs in sometimes unforgiving environments.