Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-20-2012, 12:54 AM
Squishy face

Default Ok I'm scared now.

So its almost 2 in the morning, and I'm sitting here reading the Internet because I'm wide awake and Ben (roommate) just walked up to bed. Suddenly, I hear the sound of the doorknob being tried (its locked, and the door is also deadbolted). Then I hear BAM! on the glass part of the window and Miles flips out barking. You can't break that glass with your fist, its quite thick. I ran upstairs and grabbed Ben and he looked outside, but nobody was there.

This does NOT help my anxiety issues! It wasn't somebody attempting to break into a townhouse in the middle of a bunch of other townhouses, right? Talk me down, tell me I'm being stupid.

I keep asking Miles why he isn't a Fila!

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Old 08-20-2012, 12:55 AM
Felurian

Sounds like someone came home drunk and got the wrong townhouse?

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 08-20-2012, 01:01 AM
Squishy face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Maybe. But it wasn't a knock, it was one loud BAM! But I hope it was just that.

ETA: We did have one other strange happening at this house though. Ben and Brandy left and locked the door, and when they came home, it was sitting there open! I hadn't been home because I was staying at my parents' house and Sarah hadn't been home at all that day either. As far as we could tell, nothing was stolen or moved or anything. That was like, two weeks ago.

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Old 08-20-2012, 01:06 AM
Felurian

If someone was drunk, thought he was at his house and his keys wouldn't work or he thought he'd locked himself out, he'd be more likely to hit the door in frustration than to knock on it.

If someone was trying to break in they'd likely not want to make that much noise, unless they were thinking to break the glass to reach in and unlock the door, but hearing Miles bark would put a stop to that. You're pretty vulnerable, reaching in through broken glass, trying to fish around and open a door blindly while there's an angry dog on the other side of the door.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 08-20-2012, 01:11 AM
Squishy face

You think Miles is a deterrant? He's small, you could kick him . I guess he makes a good alarm though.

Old 08-20-2012, 01:57 AM
Top Dog

Old 08-20-2012, 02:36 AM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet72947 View Post
You think Miles is a deterrant? He's small, you could kick him . I guess he makes a good alarm though.
Its actually been shown that no matter how big the dog sounds, if you have a dog they are more likely to not break into your house. Too much of a risk with the noise

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 08-20-2012, 04:33 AM
Top Dog

You probably have a ghost trying to scare you.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:03 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That was my guess.

They wouldn't knock on their own door. Presumably no one would be there simce they were out (likely drinking lol)

When i lived in the apartment complex years ago I actually walked right into someone elses apartment thinking it was my own lol. I quicklu realized my mistake, close the door and ran like hell lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 08-20-2012, 09:08 AM
<(°°<) <(°°)> (>°°)>

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
That was my guess.

They wouldn't knock on their own door. Presumably no one would be there simce they were out (likely drinking lol)

When i lived in the apartment complex years ago I actually walked right into someone elses apartment thinking it was my own lol. I quicklu realized my mistake, close the door and ran like hell lol

I'm glad I'm not the only one thats happened to. The people saw me though... I had gone downstairs to take the trash out, so I hadn't locked MY door. I took the elevator up (lived on the 7th floor) and the elevator stopped at the 6th floor because the people living below me were leaving. I didn't notice and got out on the 6th floor and walked right in. They were just like ummmm.... what are you doing here?

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.