Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-18-2012, 05:22 PM
Top Dog

They don't play now as much as they used to. Meg adores puppies, and played with Gusto a lot when he was younger. She finds him less interesting now.

When they do play, it is only outside, and usually a combo of tug and chase. One will grab a toy and bolt - the other will run until they catch up, then they will tug until one has the toy, and the game starts again.

Old 08-19-2012, 10:45 AM
Are you dead yet?

Eve and Dusk do bitey face, bitey neck, bitey legs, bitey feet and rolling around on the ground.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:03 PM
Top Dog

Mostly it's just cute bitey face stuff, but every once in a while, they will go full on body slams, usually initiated by Charlotte.

"Ma'ii is always out there, waiting. And Ma'ii is always hungry." - Navajo proverb
Old 08-20-2012, 02:08 PM
Top Dog

Mostly zoomies. Zander likes taking other dog's scruffs and shaking or tugging on them, though. Bitey face tends to turn into a puppy's head in Zane's mouth. He just holds it open for them.

Body slamming....he saves only for the best of playmates. That girly crush or ultimate bromance.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:51 PM
Taxiderpy

40 mph games of tag and biteyface
Old 08-20-2012, 05:23 PM
...ice road...

Because of our limited indoor space, they know that playing indoors is pretty much not allowed. They don't really try to, either (which I think is how the rule came to be in the first place.. their idea, not mine! lol)

Zealand and Bindah wrestle and play tug.

Zealand and Ruger play tug on occasion.

Zealand, Bindah, and Ruger play tug on rare occasions.

Bukra tries to pull Bindah's legs off until I yell at him - occasionally he can talk a dog into chasing him (usually Ze), which is what he wants.

Peshamba joins in any running around that Bukra does, and also usually gets Ze to chase her a bit on her own.

Jolene lays in the sun and looks pretty. LOL
Old 08-20-2012, 07:12 PM
and Fozzie B!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finkie_Mom View Post
Loudly. And with teeth LOL:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=...4800284&type=2

Now, T and Kimma have fallen in love, and they play like this:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=921132466239

They all get along VERY well. I am lucky for that. Even Pentti is starting to want to play with T, which is helpful. Much easier if I don't have to crate/rotate, but as long as I get client dogs in, I'm sure I will have to to some degree.
Omg the finkies are sooo wild! It's cute that all 3 of them play together.

Aww, T is such a dork. He's adorably gentle with Kimma.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 08-20-2012, 07:49 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
Well, pretty much the only dog that Frodo plays with is Zuma. It's adorable (I have video somewhere), Frodo is extremely loud and he is very freeze/bounce/freeze/bouce/freeze lol. Very spastic.

He's tried to play with one other dog, and his play style was too rough for her, she had no clue what he was doing. I think he has also played with Amber the lab who Megan watches a couple times.
Yup.

Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 08-20-2012, 09:41 PM
such sights to show you

Maisy and Squash play... a lot. Wrestling, chase, bitey-face, keep-away, I'm gonna sit on you, digging holes together (allowed in the backyard), tug... you name it, they do it. Often while sounding like what I imagine a shark feeding frenzy would sound like if sharks made dog sounds. I'm frankly surprised no one has called AC on our obvious dog-fighting ring yet.

Pip... doesn't really care for playing with other dogs too much. Occasionally he'll join in a game of chase for short periods of time, but otherwise he likes to do things alone or with people.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:57 PM
Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One

Suzie has recently started playing with other dogs, coming down from her thrown of royal snootyness. Right now her and Captain Jack don't play per se, its more of him bouncing all around, over, and under her, and her attempting to get a few bites in edgewise.
The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.