Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-17-2012, 12:15 AM
Blackout

"Bath" isn't a word that will make one popular with any Kuvasz - regardless of temperature lol. Ice cubes in her water bowl, frozen liver pastry, and walks in the dead of night seem to help xd.

Fall is pretty - it's like a second spring like Albert Camus said. The changes, the colors, the moderate temperatures. Winter here though... I like white, Moscow like winters LOL - I haven't got a car right now and don't know if I will have one by winter so it doesn't bother me about the traffic lol. But snow is so beautiful and makes everything delightfully quiet. Can't wait to tread thick snow in my sheep lined boots with Katalin... Winters here are usually bleh though - just a hell of alot of rain and alot of low minuses temperature wise.
All except when we happen to meet.

Stories, Poetry, and Musings
http://inugami1112.wordpress.com/

"And it's all been lost before, so there's nothing to lose..."

"There are those that love dogs insanely and those that don't. But once you like a dog, you're sunk. You're a dog person for life."

UKC Kuvasz Standard
AKC Kuvasz Standard
Old 08-17-2012, 12:23 AM
Taxiderpy

Ugh, today was awful (a two-shower day, lol). I'll be glad when that marine front moves in.

I am soooooo glad we're nowhere near AZ any more. A lady from church said her daughter in Phoenix looked at her thermometer last week and it said 124 , but it was officially 117.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:43 AM
Slave to the Aussie

I am loving this weather. Makes up for all the rain and grey skies.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:06 AM
The Littlest Hound

Hmmm... looks like the heat wave just broke here in the desert & we may be back under 100 again after tomorrow... not that that's stopped us

The Plotts:
UKC GRCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Liz
CCH 'PR' Jebb's Bayou Rage CA

And the "off-colored" hounds:
Daisy Duke Garrett CGC, RA & my <3 dog (basset)

Very Missed:
UKC GRCH CCH 'PR' Skyplott Teddy Bearhug
UKC CH CCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Irresistible You
'PR' Dead River K-N-A Swagger - the BAD puppy!
(and Autumn, the feist.)
Old 08-17-2012, 01:17 AM
Top Dog

I am in south eastern WA, about an hour away from the wildfires. It has been over 100 the last 2 days. I have window ACs and LOVE them. The dogs stay inside till 8pm then go out to play, of course they go out and potty during the day, but very quickly. Its just too warm for them.
The OldMan Hobie-CGC Rotten Old Dog 11/14/99-01/08/2013
Talulajhs RedChrome Kahpone-CGC TT BH TDI 10/31/04-06/07/10.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:16 PM
Top Dog

Those wild fires are TERRIBLE. Are you seeing any smoke from them? I remember when I lived in north Idaho and there were fires, but quite a distance away...we'd get smoke and see helicopters going back and forth from the lake where they carried buckets of water to the fire. I feel so awful for those people who are losing so much and for all the wild animals. I hope it will rain soon and hard.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 08-17-2012, 08:54 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gempress View Post
\
I admit it, I smiled when I saw your temps in the 90s. That's nothing over here. That's the kind of weather where people take their babies out for a walk in the stroller and enjoy the "cool".
Me too! Lol we've been out all week enjoying the 'cool weather'. Aka: Under 100 all week. It was in the upper 80s today for our evening walk. Wonderful.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:08 PM
Top Dog

LOL. That's so funny. I prefer temps from about 65 to 72. 75, I can tolerate, but get up into 80 or over, I really get enervated. There's no energy for anything. LOL. You guys who are use to much hotter would probably freeze at 65. Of course, some of the places you live must get really cold in winter.

My daughter, on the other hand would love to live somewhere that is 85 or 90 all the time. She's one of those people who are always cold.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 08-18-2012, 02:00 AM
Fishies!

It hit 100 in Portland twice this month, it the last time it was 100 was... July 2009.

Few people have AC and we're certainly not used to it.
Old 08-18-2012, 02:23 AM
Top Dog

The smoke isn't so bad now. But we had it for a few days. It's a very sad situation.
The OldMan Hobie-CGC Rotten Old Dog 11/14/99-01/08/2013
Talulajhs RedChrome Kahpone-CGC TT BH TDI 10/31/04-06/07/10.