craigslist - why do I even bother?!?! AGH!!!!

Miakoda

I hear sooo many people go on and on about craigslist, in both the selling and buying aspects, so I decided to try and get rid of baby items on there. Yeah. Good luck. I'm finally relisting everything, as I listed it all back in January and again in March, to no avail.

Well, one of the items I listed was a Diaper Genie Elite (it's in pretty much new condition, but whatever). I listed it AND 2 refill packs for $15. Yup, just $15!! Soooo, I get an email alert on my phone, and I see someone has inquired about it. I was about to get excited when I read what she wrote. Why, she offered me $3. For all of it. o_O My time photographing the darn thing and taking the time to list it is more than $3.

This happened last time. Someone wanted me to sell my Fisher Price Papasan swing, listed at just $35, for $5. Another person wanted to pay me $10 for my Fisher Price Western Jumperoo, but have me drive an hour away to deliver it to her.

People....it's craigslist. Not freecycle or whatever that's called.

I don't mind someone making an offer, but don't make it so ridiculously low that it's insulting. I understand someone may need, or desparately want, it, but I need the money, too!

darkchild16

We are Home.
Ive dealt with that alot too it seems mostly with baby stuff. Drives me nuts theres alot of things on there I would LOVE to have but if I dont have the money I dont have it, dont freaking lowball someone and then send them a sob story. That pisses me off even more LOL.

BTW. Western Jumperoo.......... Tell me more. I cant find that one ANYWHERE.

Oh and a awesome one I saw on our Online Yardsale page here is someone was selling one of those FANCY double breast pumps WITH accessories and lots of extras and someone offered her TWENTY DOLLARS for it. TWENTY.

Miakoda

The Western Horse Jumperoo was discontinued when Cole was about 6 months old. It's the most awesomest jumper EVER! lol It plays western themed music, makes whinnying and trotting sounds, and is just....cute. :D

darkchild16

We are Home.
I know it is and I thought it had been I was hoping that I would be able to find one used around here but no luck what so ever :(. I REALLY want it for savannah since I have to buy her one anyway.

Miakoda

It doesn't seem there's too many people into the whole horse theme down here. Oddly enough.

I'm just trying to sell this stuff to help cover some of Bullseye's vet bills (in addition to just needing it out of my house!).

There is a FB group called like "Little Rock online yard sale" or "Baton Rouge online yard sale" in most areas. Look on FB. You sell MUCH faster than CL and I sell things very quickly. My friend and I have both had great luck selling our things in, literally, minutes. Especially baby stuff. I just sold a lot of Barbies and Barbie clothes for $20. That was my asking price. She didn't even ask me to come down. Sometimes they do but it's not usually by much. I was hoping for $15 so listed for $20. Never dreamed I would get it. Took all of 5 minutes for it to sell.

Also if you list several items separately and sell them all in a short time span most groups have a weekly meeting area for people to exchange all the things they bought and sold that week.

Good luck! I hope you are able to find one of those groups around you. I would look but I don't know exactly what area you are in. I just know what state.

darkchild16

We are Home.
I would LOVE to use Woolies but the price :(. Right now shes in Prefolds and Xsmall thirsties covers and even the Xsmall thirsties covers barely fit LOL. Shes still only 6 weeks.

Miakoda

Well, that went well.

I politely say "no" to her offer of $3, and she responded with, "will you take 5?". So I politely responded back that no, I could not accept $5 for a $35 diaper genie with a $7 diaper unopened diaper refill (not to mention there's a pretty much brand new one in the thing), especially since I need the money for medical bills (or horse medical bills...whatever...lol). She then responded with "well, if you're so desperate for money, you'd take the $5 offered to you. a dollar's a dollar. by you rudely telling me no, you're saying you're too good to give someone else a break on an item they need but can't afford new."

Ummmmmm.....first off, $15 IS a deal! Secondly, a diaper genie isn't a "need". Formula is a "need". Diaper genies, not so much.

Then I blocked her email from ever contacting me again.

What a b!tch. Try the FB thing. At that price you should sell it easily. That's just stupid. I would have just told her the price was firm and left it at that. You don't have to take every low ball offer. It doesn't mean you think you are too good. How dumb. I hate people who are stupid and rude.

Barbara!

Yeah, I usually try to sell my stuff on Facebook groups. They can't lowball too bad because everyone can see them and they know it makes them look like a butthole.

Members online

No members online now.