Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-11-2012, 10:16 PM
Top Dog

Ummm, hard to say. I mean sort of yes and sort of no.

He's a lot more shy in public and way more laid back. If we're walking through petsmart, he'll just lay down while I'm looking at something. People probably think he's lazy or not an active dog.

But in general, he still puts off that "wise" sense about him and just very sweet.

Brit & Jackson

Old 08-11-2012, 10:21 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
Not at all. I mean, Meg kind of does. She's insanely sweet and soft and polite when she meets people out in public. She makes everyone feel like they are her favorite person.

Gusto treats people like they are the dirt on the bottom of his foot. He won't even look at them. He'll stand and tolerate being pet or something, but - it's like he doesn't even feel it. He'll move away in the middle if something else distracts him.

At home, he is such a huge snuggle bug with everybody. If you come into our house, he will be on your lap or head in seconds. He adores the world. And he Never. Stops. Moving.
Your two sound exactly like mine! You could really just stick Summer in for Meg and Mia in for Gusto. Except I bet Meg is a little more dignified when she meets people. Summer is polite until someone starts talking to her, in which case she's pretty sure she's made a new best friend and must love all over them and show them all her tricks.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:26 PM
Top Dog

Mammoth doesn't like anyone that isn't me. And if you've been labeled Not Emmy, you should expect to be subjected to his complete lack of attention and/or an occasional expression of unhappiness if you decide for whatever reason that you need to have physical contact with him. With me, he is an absolutely wonderful, loving, SOFT dog, but people are understandably skittish of him.

Liberty basically goes out of his way to ignore everyone, treats or not. But that's in keeping with his personality. Honey Badger doesn't give a...well....

Bailey is polite, ranging from relaxed and happy to see new people to aloof depending on the day. Thereafter, he checks to see how hard he can lean on you before knocking you over.

http://ejfoden.wix.com/efinkart
Old 08-11-2012, 10:32 PM
orange iguanas.

Juno, not at all. In public she doesn't let anyone get near her and is afraid of everything. She basically comes across as this poor, sad dog that everyone feels sorry for. At home or in most situations where she is not so "trapped" however, she is the craziest goofball and is all OMG I LOVE LIFE.

Lucy is pretty much always in true form. Shy, quiet, mellow, sometimes a bit snarky.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 08-11-2012, 10:36 PM
Dafuq?

Lol! Terra is very people-friendly but she jumps up sometimes. Most people dont mind that, but I was mortified when she glomped some guy with his expensive camera around his neck. Loki is always in her behavior, but she has a "tick" where she wrinkles up her lips when someone sticks their hands out at her. It's never aggressive, but some people pull back. It all depends on how they approach her.

Now entering the land of hypnotic signatures...
Old 08-11-2012, 11:17 PM
Top Dog

Hmm...the only one that isn't the same at home or out and about is Skye. Skye is a crazy girl here, and very reserved when we are out. She's VERY quiet and doesn't usually offer herself to people. If you come in the house though she gallivants around and maybe excitement barks at you.

Romeo is just...a food/man *****. He knows the people in stores usually have cookies for him, so anytime we approach someone he sits at their feet, looks up at them and wags his tail like 'Cookie??!?!'. They tend to love that he's expecting it..

Old 08-12-2012, 12:30 AM
The Littlest Hound

Keena is social & friendly regardless of where we are... Daisy is actually much more outgoing in public (indoors she is very shy of new people)... Liz is about the same, but a bit more polite away from home.

Rage is polite, well-behaved, socially acceptable and COMPLETELY SAFE in public. She is an anxious crazy person at home who will not hesitate to lunge at strange men in the house :/

The Plotts:
UKC GRCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Liz
CH CCH CA 'PR' Jebb's Bayou Rage OFA Hips: Good

And the "off-colored" hounds:
Daisy Duke Garrett CGC, RA & my <3 dog (basset)

Very Missed:
UKC GRCH CCH 'PR' Skyplott Teddy Bearhug (5/2004 - 3/2014)
UKC CH CCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Irresistible You
'PR' Dead River K-N-A Swagger - the BAD puppy!
(and Autumn, the feist.)
Old 08-12-2012, 05:25 AM
BusterLove

Not at all, either of them.

Buster just flat out ignores people but to people he knows, at home he is gentle and cuddly and loving and a complete mummas boy.

Quinn is totally dependant on how comfortabel she feels, when she's nervous she's super timid, when she's comfortable in a strange environment she's reserved but super well behaved, when she's around people she knows she's totally herself, with her arms wrapped around their neck and a stupid smile on her face.

Old 08-12-2012, 05:40 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Depends where they meet her.

Outdoors - no hope, she's not interested in you. She just wants to run, chase the ball, swim, climb.. generally be outdoorsy. People tend to think she's fit and young and very active. They LOVE that she is an obsessive ball freak, and will bring the toy back EVERY SINGLE TIME. Then they get worried because she won't leave them alone, and the toy is placed at their feet every time and they just want to leave......

Indoors - She's a massive baby and just want teh lurrrrrve. They love her because she just wants to snuggle them, and smush them and generally be soggy and smushy... and she's pretty indiscriminate.. unless you're a small child. She fecking HATES small children. They freak her out.

So indoors people think she's a sap, outdoors she's hardcore... but she's both
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 08-12-2012, 06:11 AM
overdogged

Luce and Mushroom pretty much do these days, and the puppy is just a tornado in all aspects of his life, but Steve? Not remotely. He is either barking his head off because there's a stranger, or he's this mushy pile of romantic goo. At home, he has no time for romantic goo. How comes *I* don't ever get the sweet sweet love and gentle kisses?
and Hambone, flyball hopeful
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?