Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old 08-14-2012, 10:45 AM
yoko's Avatar
yoko yoko is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 5,341
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
Vote for Romney/Ryan and you'll see how much money they screw you out of... Try 63% of it. They are trying to take away plenty of rights...like the right of a woman to her own body...the right of a person to marry someone they love...the right of a woman to contraceptive...and they also want to take away social security and Medicare...sounds AWESOME to me...

Also, I'm just going to leave this here...because you are claiming fact on things that aren't fact at all...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...eck=0&denied=1
To be fair as a single person who doesn't have kids both sides screw me out of a pretty large % of my money.

also question how long social security will be around. As selfish as it sounds I'd rather put that extra into my retirement.
__________________
Thank you Vivien and Angel Chicken for the siggy! Also I have been frosted!!! And as of 9/13/07 I know the secret handshake!


Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 08-14-2012, 10:50 AM
sparks19's Avatar
sparks19 sparks19 is offline
I'd rather be at Disney
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 28,311
Default

yeah it's only a (short) matter of time before social security is bone dry no matter who gets in.
__________________
Quote:

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”


G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney






Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 08-14-2012, 11:35 AM
yoko's Avatar
yoko yoko is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 5,341
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
yeah it's only a (short) matter of time before social security is bone dry no matter who gets in.
Exactly.

I've people tell me that people who don't want to pay it are heartless. But really it's not going to be there when I'm older and I need to think of ways to make sure I can afford to lice and support myself with out that there to supplement me.
__________________
Thank you Vivien and Angel Chicken for the siggy! Also I have been frosted!!! And as of 9/13/07 I know the secret handshake!


Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 08-14-2012, 11:37 AM
Izzy's Valkyrie's Avatar
Izzy's Valkyrie Izzy's Valkyrie is offline
Very Food Agressive
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 5,842
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
I will vote for Obama.

While I agree that he hadn't been as fiscally responsible as he should have been (what with the stimulus), but most of the deficit is genuinely not his fault, just what he inherited from Bush. He inherited a war, and several costly bills/policies...most of which he put an end to first chance he got. So while the debt was accumulated with him in office, it wasn't necessarily his policies and his bills and his decisions that put it all there. I genuinely believe he wants what is best for the middle class, and he advocates for the rights of women to their bodies and gay marriage...and recently those things have been showing up in his votes. He also wants to strengthen education where it needs to be strengthened instead of making monumental and possibly detrimental and costly reforms. He also wants to make college more available to those who can not afford it, and make college for those who want to dedicate their lives to teach a free ride for them. He wants to strengthen the screening process for welfare and food stamp recipients, another thing I agree with. (Although the Republican party has taken this and ran with it... Claiming Obama wants to give checks to everyone because they want to eliminate government funding completely.) Obama also wants to lower interest rates that credit companies offer, making it to where they can not take more than 30% interest. He also wants to tax the rich a little more, and tax the poor a little less. Something ELSE I agree with. Now, he does do things I don't agree with... He used to (I think he has changed his tune) agree to public company bailouts, but since then he hasn't given a statement as to what he will do if it happens again. While I love the idea of universal cheap healthcare, the Affordable Care Act was passed before anyone even read all of it...and some heinous things are coming out now that people are finally reading it. I agree with universal health care, and I agree with taxing those who choose not to get this universal healthcare (because we will end up paying their premiums either way), but I'm not sure how I feel about implementing such a huge reform in the middle of a recession. Obama also has some worrying views on abortion and child treatment... He doesn't think partial birth abortion is wrong. I vehemently do. That's just to show my personal pros and cons of Obama.

Now...Romney/Ryan...
I genuinely can not stand them. I think Romney may have been able to handle our countries deficit quite well, but I don't have a clue why he picked Ryan... A man who agrees with George Bush on 94% of issues. We really don't need another Bush in office. Romney/Ryan want to tax the poor/middle 63%... While lowering the tax for the rich to less than half that percentage. Makes me sick to my stomach. They also both want to ban the adoptions of babies to gay parents. And ban gay marriage. Which of course I'm not surprised by from conservatives. They want to make birth contraceptive almost impossible to get, as they put contraceptive and abortion both on the same "murder" wagon. Their definition of the "family unit" is leading them to say some nasty things, IMO, where Paul Ryan even asked a woman who was a single mother if she would consider putting her child up for adoption,since it has been proven that children thrive better in a full and wholesome "family unit". If anyone is wanting to make laws to take away rights...it's Romney/Ryan and I honestly feel its because they are fueling most of their social policies with their religion. Do I hate religion? No...but I don't think anyone should base their laws off of it. Not everyone follows the same religion and not everyone should be forced to. Anyways, as far as economics, Romney has some extreme ideas, but he plans to get the money to fix the deficit from taxing the poor and he plans to create more jobs by not taxing the rich...which I disagree with. Paul Ryan is just ridiculous... He is just another Sarah Palin. And, the biggest thing for me against both of them...they want to eradicate social security, Medicare, and welfare. Not fine tune, eradicate. No one will be able to get government aid anymore, if they have their way. Which...makes me sick to my stomach for the elderly and disabled that will suffer because of it. They also want to cut the funding to government programs which pay for college tuition...because Romney feels you should only get as much education as you can afford. There are just so many points against Romney/Ryan for me that I couldn't possibly imagine voting for either one of them.

Which is why my vote will be for Obama. Also, keep in mind, this is all my OPINION. Lol.

This. I cannot stomach the theocracy that Romney/Ryan want to force down the United States' throats. I refuse to vote for a person who wants to make everyone live the same lifestyle based solely on their religion telling them that's what is wholesome and right. Absolutely not.
__________________
Jade: DMH Cat
Tango: LH Tripod Chihuahua

Practice what you preach or keep your mouth shut.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 08-14-2012, 11:46 AM
Romy's Avatar
Romy Romy is offline
Taxiderpy
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 9,972
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoko View Post
Exactly.

I've people tell me that people who don't want to pay it are heartless. But really it's not going to be there when I'm older and I need to think of ways to make sure I can afford to lice and support myself with out that there to supplement me.
I loled at lice .

The thing that makes me so angry about social security is hard working individuals have paid into it for decades now and they're the ones getting screwed. It's not even some nebulous "tax dollars" (which are ours anyway) that are getting reclaimed. It's x% of each of OUR paychecks that the gov promised to invest wisely for us, and they've been raiding it for years now. If they can do that, I want the option of NOT paying into SS so I can put it into a Roth IRA or something instead that I know will be there for me.

Someone who's self employed has to, by law pay 13.3% of their earnings into SS. If that money isn't there... it makes me want to break some faces but you know nobody is going to be held accountable when the money is gone.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 08-14-2012, 12:17 PM
yoko's Avatar
yoko yoko is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 5,341
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
I loled at lice .

The thing that makes me so angry about social security is hard working individuals have paid into it for decades now and they're the ones getting screwed. It's not even some nebulous "tax dollars" (which are ours anyway) that are getting reclaimed. It's x% of each of OUR paychecks that the gov promised to invest wisely for us, and they've been raiding it for years now. If they can do that, I want the option of NOT paying into SS so I can put it into a Roth IRA or something instead that I know will be there for me.

Someone who's self employed has to, by law pay 13.3% of their earnings into SS. If that money isn't there... it makes me want to break some faces but you know nobody is going to be held accountable when the money is gone.
Lol my phone likes replacing words XD
__________________
Thank you Vivien and Angel Chicken for the siggy! Also I have been frosted!!! And as of 9/13/07 I know the secret handshake!


Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 08-14-2012, 02:02 PM
blue's Avatar
blue blue is offline
Jerk.
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: wasilla alaska
Posts: 10,092
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
Vote for Romney/Ryan and you'll see how much money they screw you out of... Try 63% of it. They are trying to take away plenty of rights...like the right of a woman to her own body...the right of a person to marry someone they love...the right of a woman to contraceptive...and they also want to take away social security and Medicare...sounds AWESOME to me...

Also, I'm just going to leave this here...because you are claiming fact on things that aren't fact at all...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...eck=0&denied=1
Im in favor of taking the government completely out of the business of marriage so that argument of yours is a non starter with me. Social security and Medicare are both Ponzi Schemes that will blow up eventually, so thats another non starter as well. As for womens rights, getting the federal government out of what people can or cant do and leave it up to the states to decide is a step in the right direction.

Leave that tripe on the front step for the garbage man to pick up where it belongs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
Addition: he said he would pull our troops out of Iraq. He did that.
He has done no such thing. He is following what Shrub and the Legislative branch set forth as the exit strategy before hostilities started in Iraq.

Quote:
Originally Posted by release the hounds View Post
yeah, i'm going to try and convince you of anything. I've had plenty of lessons in futility in my life, I don't need another one.
At least I have an open mind and am willing to be swayed in my opinion. You must not be very confident in your argument.
__________________
I SSH'ed into Mordor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Sometimes BOTH sides are just full of sh1t.
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 08-14-2012, 02:17 PM
Jules's Avatar
Jules Jules is offline
Magic, motherf@%$*#!
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Indiana
Posts: 7,166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue View Post
At least I have an open mind and am willing to be swayed in my opinion. You must not be very confident in your argument.
__________________
A dog is a miracle with paws.
T-Bone, CGC
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 08-14-2012, 02:38 PM
Renee750il's Avatar
Renee750il Renee750il is offline
Felurian
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Where the selas blooms
Posts: 94,266
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue View Post
It's been almost 4 years, the blame Bush is a tired excuse.

Obamao has no one to blame but him self for where this country is at.The only promise he lived up to only shafts us further from freedom.
Oh come on, the Bush admins and advocates blamed Clinton for 8 years, lol. It's the name of the game. I'd be willing to bet that the Roosevelt administration and adherents blamed Hoover for everything that didn't go well for 16 years.

Obama hasn't really done anything different from Bush anyway. It's been more of the same "let them eat cake" bullshit, just with different icing.

Oh, and then there's all the screaming and finger pointing, "OBAMA'S A SOCIALIST," and then in the next breath the same people start whining and finger pointing, "OBAMA'S GOING TO TAKE AWAY OUR SOCIAL SECURITY AND MEDICARE!"

Ummm. Yeah. Make up your alleged mind already.
__________________
In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves. ~Buddha

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.


There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.


Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 08-14-2012, 02:55 PM
blue's Avatar
blue blue is offline
Jerk.
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: wasilla alaska
Posts: 10,092
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
Laugh away little missy, unless you have a better argument then RTH. I am willing to hear your argument that Obama is a great leader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Oh come on, the Bush admins and advocates blamed Clinton for 8 years, lol. It's the name of the game. I'd be willing to bet that the Roosevelt administration and adherents blamed Hoover for everything that didn't go well for 16 years.
Clinton got the blame for 2 maybe 3 years in, after that Shrub accepted the blame. The pundits however, are still blaming Clinton 12 years after he left office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Obama hasn't really done anything different from Bush anyway. It's been more of the same "let them eat cake" bullshit, just with different icing.
Much more expensive Green icing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Oh, and then there's all the screaming and finger pointing, "OBAMA'S A SOCIALIST," and then in the next breath the same people start whining and finger pointing, "OBAMA'S GOING TO TAKE AWAY OUR SOCIAL SECURITY AND MEDICARE!"

Ummm. Yeah. Make up your alleged mind already.
My mind? Where have I made an argument that we need to keep SS or Medicare? Both are Ponzi Schemes.
__________________
I SSH'ed into Mordor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Sometimes BOTH sides are just full of sh1t.
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:08 PM.


©1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site