Obama/Biden versus Romney/Ryan?

Oh carp I missed the Tea Bagger dig, nicely done Lyz. Way to be "honest" about your beliefs.

For Dem extremists go checkout the Democrat Underground, I get band from there even when I agree with them.

Lyzelle

We will start with this question,. So what other Republican, be honest now, used or defended the term "legitimate rape"?
Well, there's Ryan. Todd Akin. Romney clearly supports it by supporting his VP candidate in his support of Akin. Santorum believes in similar things, such as girls who wear short skirts are "asking for it". There was the "some girls rape easy" comment by the Wisconsin Rep Rivard. Which was amusing, because Ryan did a Mitt Flop and refused to support him on that. Even though he already defended Akin at one point. Again, Nixon had similar views regarding rape, woman's rights, husbands' "privilege" and so on so forth. Oh, and you have that loverly radio show host who called all women who use birth control sluts and whores. Prostitutes. That was nice, too.

"Legitimate Rape" may be a new term, but the idea is sadly not.

And I never said extremists didn't exist on both sides. They most certainly do and I'm not a blind fool to that. I was just pointing out what's been happening the last few years and what Romney/Ryan have been supporting. And generally how randomly annoying the Reps have been on these social issues that should long be past us.

Are ALL Reps that way? Of course not, and I'd like to see one of THEM running for President.

Speaking of extremists. Have you been watching twitter on who gon riot if Romney wins? Or who may leave the country if Obama wins? Check it out.

Lyzelle

Who was it that made the recent dig about slavery being A-OK per the bible, by the way? I think that was a Rep, too...Can't remember who it was, though. Could have been Tea Party, I guess.

Well, there's Ryan. Todd Akin. Romney clearly supports it by supporting his VP candidate in his support of Akin. Santorum believes in similar things, such as girls who wear short skirts are "asking for it". There was the "some girls rape easy" comment by the Wisconsin Rep Rivard. Which was amusing, because Ryan did a Mitt Flop and refused to support him on that. Even though he already defended Akin at one point. Again, Nixon had similar views regarding rape, woman's rights, husbands' "privilege" and so on so forth. Oh, and you have that loverly radio show host who called all women who use birth control sluts and whores. Prostitutes. That was nice, too.

"Legitimate Rape" may be a new term, but the idea is sadly not.
It started with Akin, and every republican ran from him including Paul Ryan "Paul Ryan, newly named as Romney’s running mate, personally telephoned Akin, asking him to quit the race for the good of the party" Link. Im not going to bother looking further because Im tired, and you seem to be grasping.

Limbaugh referred to 1, that is One, woman as a slut and a ***** who wanted the .gov to support her lifestyle. At least I think it was Rush, it sounds like him. Ever listen to Left wing talk radio? They make Rush look like a choir boy, I listen to both sides. Rush just does better at ratings.

And I never said extremists didn't exist on both sides. They most certainly do and I'm not a blind fool to that. I was just pointing out what's been happening the last few years and what Romney/Ryan have been supporting. And generally how randomly annoying the Reps have been on these social issues that should long be past us.
The right wing extremists are threatening to leave the country, the left wing extremists are threatening to riot. What is worse? IMHO, its the right wing leaving with their annoying money. Get .gov out of social issues and leave it to society. When you legislate society, society gets pissed off.

Is Romney what I want? No. Is Obama what I want? Who is John Gault?

Where have Romney and Paul been supporting rape?

Are ALL Reps that way? Of course not, and I'd like to see one of THEM running for President.
Write me in as the Presidential candidate then.

Who was it that made the recent dig about slavery being A-OK per the bible, by the way? I think that was a Rep, too...Can't remember who it was, though. Could have been Tea Party, I guess.
Name the Rep then and not just say the Tea Party. The KKK where big Dem supporters, dont forget that. The Democrats have never let go of their control of the minorities for that matter.

Tahla9999

I don't vote for party. I vote for the person who has a legitimate plan for this country, who would try their best to fix the damages and truly cares for the american people, someone who I can trust. I kept an open mind about Romney and came out disagreeing and not trusting him one bit. How can you trust a guy who lied 27 times just to win a debate( Ryan lied 24 times). How can you put your trust in a person who constantly jump sides on every issue or have a plan that doesn't add up at all. I'm not voting for him because he is a Republican, I'm not voting for him because he proved time and time again that he doesn't deserve to be president.

I don't vote for party. I vote for the person who has a legitimate plan for this country, who would try their best to fix the damages and truly cares for the american people, someone who I can trust. I kept an open mind about Romney and came out disagreeing and not trusting him one bit. How can you trust a guy who lied 27 times just to win a debate( Ryan lied 24 times). How can you put your trust in a person who constantly jump sides on every issue or have a plan that doesn't add up at all. I'm not voting for him because he is a Republican, I'm not voting for him because he proved time and time again that he doesn't deserve to be president.
Not saying you are voting for Obama, but how many of Obama's failures are his supporters voting for?

The republicans had a chance in voting for a non politician yet again, and they passed. Rep, Dem, politics as usual.

Vote for me, write it in.

ETA: Can you link the citations to the Lies?

Tahla9999

Not saying you are voting for Obama, but how many of Obama's failures are his supporters voting for?

The republicans had a chance in voting for a non politician yet again, and they passed. Rep, Dem, politics as usual.

Vote for me, write it in.

ETA: Can you link the citations to the Lies?
Oh I am voting for Obama. I'm very satisfied with what he was able to do, and I understand that he can't be successful or even right on every issue. Still, Obama was able to stop a total collapse of the economy, slowly build it up and adding jobs to boot. Of course, its taking a while, but if it took eight years for the economy to go into utter destruction, than I think it will take eight more years to get it stable again. I like his position of taking us out of Afghanistan and decreasing the money we spend on government and putting that money back on making this country great again. I like the fact that he is using other methods to take out our enemies, and he was able to take out some top Al Qaeda members and weaken the group. I'm for increase in taxes for the wealthy and big businesses because the whole idea of rich people are the job creators therefore we shouldn't tax them so they can create jobs has proven to be a false one. I also love his health care plan and there is much, much more but I already list them in my past post.

As for the lies during the debates...
http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2...romney-told-27-myths-in-38-minutes/?mobile=nc

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2...e-ryan-told-24-myths-in-40-minutes/?mobile=nc

Lyzelle

Name the Rep then and not just say the Tea Party. The KKK where big Dem supporters, dont forget that. The Democrats have never let go of their control of the minorities for that matter.
No, that was a legitimate question. I know it's hard to distinguish between my sincerity and sarcasm sometimes, but I honestly can't remember the dude's name.

And Democrats have definitely gone through their issues too. Like I said, anyone who devotes themselves to one party isn't very open minded. I'm neither Dem or Rep, I'm just for whoever is going to progress this country out of the dark ages.

It actually seems like a lot of my views are Green Party. Which I only recently found existed and a woman was running for.

OwnedByBCs

Will Creep For Sheep
No, that was a legitimate question. I know it's hard to distinguish between my sincerity and sarcasm sometimes, but I honestly can't remember the dude's name.

And Democrats have definitely gone through their issues too. Like I said, anyone who devotes themselves to one party isn't very open minded. I'm neither Dem or Rep, I'm just for whoever is going to progress this country out of the dark ages.

It actually seems like a lot of my views are Green Party. Which I only recently found existed and a woman was running for.
http://gawker.com/5950302/yet-anoth...y-were-so-godawful-why-didnt-jesus-condemn-it

Yeah. Pretty idiotic. Again, bringing Jesus and God into every freaking thing only leads to the dark ages when religion was actually relevant in society.

One of my all time FAVORITE QUOTES is by a Vatican Astronomer. Pretty neat, that the Vatican has Astronomers, right? Anyways, he said:

"The Christian Scriptures were written between about 2,000 years before Christ to about 200 years after Christ. That's it. Modern science came to be with Galileo up through Newton, up through Einstein. What we know as modern science, okay, is in that period. How in the world could there be any science in scripture? There cannot be. Just the two historical periods are separated by so much. The Scriptures are not teaching science. It's very hard for me to accept, not just a literal interpretation of scripture, but a fundamentalist approach to religious belief. It's kind of a plague. It presents itself as science and it's not."

Maybe we're past the whole religious thing in this particular thread, but I figure since you brought up the Arkansas nutjob the quote is still relevant (I mostly just wanted to share that because I think its a great quote)

I actually posted this last week on this thread

Quote:
In letters to the Democrat-Gazette, Mauch vehemently defended slavery and repeatedly suggested Jesus condoned it:

If slavery were so God-awful, why didn’t Jesus or Paul condemn it, why was it in the Constitution and why wasn’t there a war before 1861?
The South has always stood by the Constitution and limited government. When one attacks the Confederate Battle Flag, he is certainly denouncing these principles of government as well as Christianity.

http://thinkprogress.org/election/2...god-awful-why-didnt-jesus-or-paul-condemn-it/[/QUOTE]

Oh I am voting for Obama. I'm very satisfied with what he was able to do, and I understand that he can't be successful or even right on every issue. Still, Obama was able to stop a total collapse of the economy, slowly build it up and adding jobs to boot. Of course, its taking a while, but if it took eight years for the economy to go into utter destruction, than I think it will take eight more years to get it stable again. I like his position of taking us out of Afghanistan and decreasing the money we spend on government and putting that money back on making this country great again. I like the fact that he is using other methods to take out our enemies, and he was able to take out some top Al Qaeda members and weaken the group. I'm for increase in taxes for the wealthy and big businesses because the whole idea of rich people are the job creators therefore we shouldn't tax them so they can create jobs has proven to be a false one. I also love his health care plan and there is much, much more but I already list them in my past post.

As for the lies during the debates...
http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2...romney-told-27-myths-in-38-minutes/?mobile=nc

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2...e-ryan-told-24-myths-in-40-minutes/?mobile=nc
Yoe are going to have to excuse me for not trusting thinkprogress, but thanks for the links.

Members online