Member of WHODAT Nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoe08 View Post
So I can write in who?

Old 10-04-2012, 10:25 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardogs View Post
I really, REALLY, REALLY, wish that we had allll the candidates at last night's debate and at future debates...If we don't allow them all to debate, the majority of Americans won't ever realize that they truly have an option to vote for someone other than the Democratic or Republican candidates.
Absolutely.

Which is why we don't get to hear from any other candidates in these debates.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 10-05-2012, 01:02 PM
Top Dog

Hmmm, who am I voting for. What a hard decision! Now lets compare the two.

Obama:

Save General Motors and the car industry is doing better than before
Got us out of one war and planning to take us out of another.
Put more limits on Wall Street.
Change health care as we know it including trying to make it more affordable, gave health care options to people with pre-exisiting conditions who otherwise had a hard time before, and extended health care coverage of parents to their children till they are 25.
Creating more jobs so that the unemployment rate is now the lowest since 2009.
Abolish Don't Ask, Don't Tell.
Created a plan to knock down student loan debt.
Enacted a GREAT law that states that a college debt obligation to pay the loans will now be base on their salary.
Stop the economy from utterly collapsing.
Is a great Commander-in-Chief with achievements such as:
Taking out Bin Laden
Killing many of the top Al Qaeda members and weakening them
Saving an American women whose health was deteriorating in Somalia
Creating the appearance of a strong America in the world's eye.
Cut taxes on small businesses more than eighteen times.
Wants to give tax relief to business who stay in America and increase taxes on those who out source.
Wants to decrease military spending and put that money back to fixing America
Gave young immigrants who lived most their lives in the United States a chance for citizenship.

Romney:

Mr. Let Detroit Go Bankrupt
Insulted our closes ally, Great Britain, during the Olympics
Jumped at the chance to attack the Obama administration during the Libyan attack on our embassy when it should have been a moment to come together. Even the republicans jump on him.
Encourage college students to borrow money from their parents to pay for a college education.
Wants to increase military spending
Keeps his money in foreign bank accounts to avoid paying for taxes
Constantly flip flops on multiple issues depending on the popularity of the issue.
Called 47% of Americans "victims" and felt that it is his job not to worry about them.
Has yet to give any real foreign policy plan.
Wants to take away all college loans and have yet to say what he plans to replace it with.

What exactly has this man done to make him seem like he is worthy of the presidency? Being a good debater is not enough to make him deserving of such a title. All he has done is prove time and time again that he is unfit.

There are so many people who only problem with Obama is that they believe he is a Muslim, that they believe he wasn't born here, and that he is really against America and want to destroy it from the inside out. Which is so funny, seeing as the tribe Obama father came from is a majority Christian tribe with some practicing their own African religion.

I know where my vote is going and I shall do so proudly!

Old 10-05-2012, 04:53 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahla9999 View Post
hmmm, who am i voting for. What a hard decision! Now lets compare the two.

Obama:

Save general motors and the car industry is doing better than before
got us out of one war and planning to take us out of another.
Put more limits on wall street.
Change health care as we know it including trying to make it more affordable, gave health care options to people with pre-exisiting conditions who otherwise had a hard time before, and extended health care coverage of parents to their children till they are 25.
Creating more jobs so that the unemployment rate is now the lowest since 2009.
Abolish don't ask, don't tell.
Created a plan to knock down student loan debt.
Enacted a great law that states that a college debt obligation to pay the loans will now be base on their salary.
Stop the economy from utterly collapsing.
Is a great commander-in-chief with achievements such as:
Taking out bin laden
killing many of the top al qaeda members and weakening them
saving an american women whose health was deteriorating in somalia
creating the appearance of a strong america in the world's eye.
Cut taxes on small businesses more than eighteen times.
Wants to give tax relief to business who stay in america and increase taxes on those who out source.
Wants to decrease military spending and put that money back to fixing america
gave young immigrants who lived most their lives in the united states a chance for citizenship.

Romney:

Mr. Let detroit go bankrupt
insulted our closes ally, great britain, during the olympics
jumped at the chance to attack the obama administration during the libyan attack on our embassy when it should have been a moment to come together. Even the republicans jump on him.
Encourage college students to borrow money from their parents to pay for a college education.
Wants to increase military spending
keeps his money in foreign bank accounts to avoid paying for taxes
constantly flip flops on multiple issues depending on the popularity of the issue.
Called 47% of americans "victims" and felt that it is his job not to worry about them.
Has yet to give any real foreign policy plan.
Wants to take away all college loans and have yet to say what he plans to replace it with.

What exactly has this man done to make him seem like he is worthy of the presidency? Being a good debater is not enough to make him deserving of such a title. All he has done is prove time and time again that he is unfit.

There are so many people who only problem with obama is that they believe he is a muslim, that they believe he wasn't born here, and that he is really against america and want to destroy it from the inside out. Which is so funny, seeing as the tribe obama father came from is a majority christian tribe with some practicing their own african religion.

I know where my vote is going and i shall do so proudly!
great post tahla.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 10-07-2012, 01:45 PM
Top Dog

Thought this article was interesting:

Obama is the smallest government spender since Eisenhower.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:10 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantmypup View Post
Still pissed I'm missing voting by only a few months.
I would definitely be voting for Obama. While I agree on his stance for numerous things, health care is a big thing for me. My life pretty much revolves around health care and without it I wouldn't be where I am today.
yeah but what about the ppl who dont want or cant pay for govt health care? he's gonna tax the crap out of them (me) i think i should have the right to choose my provider, not be forced to take his health care, there is a reason i dont have health care... i cant afford it!
Old 10-07-2012, 07:11 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
yeah but what about the ppl who dont want or cant pay for govt health care? he's gonna tax the crap out of them (me) i think i should have the right to choose my provider, not be forced to take his health care, there is a reason i dont have health care... i cant afford it!
Actually, the Republicans added the taxes. It wasn't in the original bill.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:15 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

where they should start is not allow congress, senate & house to vote on their own salaries :/
Old 10-07-2012, 07:30 PM
Professional Nerd

Quote:

You can choose your provider. And if you don't have insurance, what will you do if you get hurt or sick?
Old 10-07-2012, 07:58 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
I dont mean this to sound snarky, but you sound pretty uninformed (or falsely informed) on what is actually in the bill that passed and what it actually means.

There is a "tax" if you dont have insurance, but it is not a huge high amount. And there is no forcing to take government health care, you pick your provider, you pick your doctor, etc. The MAIN part of the bill is making it more affordable for everyone to be able to carry health insurance, to make it so college students are still covered on their parents insurance, to make it so insurances can't deny pre-existing conditions, etc.