Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-14-2012, 05:11 PM
Top Dog

Talking about social security, I'd much rather invest the money on my own instead of having the government screw it up. Unfortunately I don't have that choice.
Obama has played the blame game in everything he does. He can't run on his record. I am tired of him and his spend spend spend. I wouldn't mind paying a little more in taxes if it all went to paying off the countries debt, but it won't. I'd like to see Romney have a chance at it and if he doesn't start the country on a better track, vote him out the next election. The way Obama is going is just bringing us down further.

I have never been able to vote in an election for a person I am realy optimistic about. I have always had to vote to get or prevent someone else from getting into office. Just once before I leave this earth would I like to be able to cast my vote in favor of someone I truly believe in.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:15 PM
Dafuq?

Ron Paul. unfortunately I'm not registered to vote right now.

Now entering the land of hypnotic signatures...
Old 08-14-2012, 05:22 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy's Valkyrie View Post
This. I cannot stomach the theocracy that Romney/Ryan want to force down the United States' throats. I refuse to vote for a person who wants to make everyone live the same lifestyle based solely on their religion telling them that's what is wholesome and right. Absolutely not.
like the theocracy Romney established in Mass?
which theocracy are they going to establish ? will our capitol move to Salt Lake or Vatican City?
Old 08-14-2012, 05:26 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops2 View Post
which theocracy are they going to establish ? will our capitol move to Salt Lake or Vatican City?
It's highly doubtful they'd try to overset the oligarchy that's already in place.

Maybe add a few theocratic ideologies to the mix, but hey . . .

I'd imagine Mitt's been a little frustrated in Mass., what with so much of the population having considered themselves liberal for so long. I imagine he'd really enjoy having an arena where he could draw support from the redneck, errr, I mean RED states.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 08-14-2012, 09:37 PM
Very Food Agressive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops2 View Post
Quote:
Theocracy is a form of government in which official policy is governed by immediate divine guidance or by officials who are regarded as (or claim to be) divinely guided, or is pursuant to the doctrine of a particular religion or religious group
I do not want to live in a country where many of the major reforms will be made based on the president's personal religious views. I should not have to live under laws that are made solely based on what the bible says.

Practice what you preach or keep your mouth shut.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:52 PM
Felurian

Gotta admit, MelissaCato's input on this election would be interesting to have

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 08-14-2012, 11:13 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
I do not want to live in a country where many of the major reforms will be made based on the president's personal religious views. I should not have to live under laws that are made solely based on what the bible says.
Definitely!

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 08-14-2012, 11:35 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
pursuant to the doctrine of a particular religion or religious group.
read your own quote. and again i ask you, will it be mormon or catholic? although they aren't hostile towards each other they aren't exactly planning a merger anytime soon.
seriously, no one is claiming divine right (although some liberal dems came close right after Obama was elected). additionally neither the President nor the Vice can do much in & of themselves, changing the constitution to make the country a theocracy would require the complicity of 290 representatives & 66 senators AND similar portion of the legislatures of 33 states.
EVERY person has some foundation for their morals values & ethical standards. EVERY president before (including Obama) has claimed christianity, some have even claimed evangelical protestant religions, and so far NOT A SINGLE president has even tried to establish a theocracy. Stop drinking the uberliberal flavor of the koolaid, you're just making your blood pressure skyrocket for no good reason.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:37 PM
Top Dog

nevermind, continue the hysterics. i could use the laugh.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:51 PM
Very Food Agressive

I doubt that you and I will ever agree on the point.

If a theocracy can be defined as a government that is officially run based on the doctrines of a particular religion or religious group, I believe Romney's plan for reform would lead America to become a theocracy. I believe this because Romney and Ryan's large reform plans include: banning gay couples from sharing the same rights as heterosexual couple because the bible condemns homosexuality, banning or at least making contraceptives nearly impossible to come by because the bible does not condone contraceptive use, as well as removing women's reproductive rights because the bible makes man lord and master of his wife's body.

Considering many of their decisive platform points are based on their religious faith, Christianity, their reforms would lead to the official conducting of government in accordance with a particular religious doctrine, i.e. the Christian bible. I don't think there has to be a particular sect or branch of religion adhered to to qualify as a theocracy (Why do you think it has to be Catholics or Mormons? Why can't it just be Christianity?)If Christianity is the leading reason for the making of new laws under their form of government, they are planning on running it as a theocracy.

I'm not being a psycholiberal nutter, I am clearly stating why I think that their reforms to the government, should they be elected, would lead to a theocracy. I understand that there must be a democratic process to get these reforms approved and put into action in our country. Although their ideal government may never come to pass, the Romney/Ryan platform is presented with an ideal US being run as a theocracy. Since I do not agree that this would be the ideal form of government, I do not have any plans to vote for them.

Practice what you preach or keep your mouth shut.