Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-12-2012, 08:14 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

He is so gorgeous! I saw him on instagram and wondered if he was yours. I'm so happy for you that you finally got your Beezer (pure or not! -I think he is, just badly bred/mismarked).

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 08-12-2012, 08:26 AM
Love my pets

Congrats! Wow, he moves fast!
Old 08-12-2012, 09:27 AM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittledoo View Post
I don't mind if he is mixed or not. The only thing that would push me to hope I could get away with him being purebred is so that we could lure course for titles. There's always fun runs though so while we may not earn titles I can still run him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
He'll totally get an ILP no problem. He definitely looks pure enough for that.
Even if you couldn't get an ILP, couldn't you register him through the AKC Canine Partners? Either way you could compete for titles. Glad to hear things are going well.

Old 08-12-2012, 09:31 AM
<--------Orson

He's a cutie Skittle, I'm very glad he's with someone who will love and care for him properly........he hit the lotto IMO
Old 08-12-2012, 09:34 AM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
Even if you couldn't get an ILP, couldn't you register him through the AKC Canine Partners? Either way you could compete for titles. Glad to hear things are going well.
Can't do real lure coursing with a Canine Partner -- sighthounds only. Can just do that all-breed lure coursing ability test stuff.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 08-12-2012, 09:42 AM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai View Post
Can't do real lure coursing with a Canine Partner -- sighthounds only. Can just do that all-breed lure coursing ability test stuff.
Ah, that sucks. Still, I doubt the ILP will be a problem.

Old 08-12-2012, 11:06 AM
Top Dog

Congrats on the new addition.

I don't think you'll have an issue ILPing him. I'd see if taking the photos outside in the sun would minimize the darkness of his pigment. Set him up to look Ibizan-y in the pictures. The form asks why you feel the dog is purebred, tell them what you know: you got him off the original owners who bought him from an Ibizan breeder in FL but they did not give you papers with him.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:23 PM
Fluffy Corgi Addict

I was lurking that last thread. Glad to see that everything is working out better for you, and you kept this gorgeous dog! =D

Eevee
14-year-old F Border Collie Mix - My Heart Dog!
Ravinel Fox Magick, CGC (Shippo)
8-year-old M Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Cheetah's Training Blog
Old 08-12-2012, 01:12 PM
Top Dog

I also wanted to add that dogs with disqualifying faults can still be ILP'd. Ziggy has a DQ fault similar to Joey's, his nose pigment is liver and should be black. Liver pigment can and does happen in Cardis though, breeders call them "dudleys". I think they look at general type when determining if a dog can be ILP'd or not. Does the dog overall look like X breed? Ziggy is obviously a Cardi and the his nose pigment doesn't make him look less Cardi like. It sounds like a dark nosed Ibizan might be a bit different though.

ETA: If you are planning to ILP him as an Ibizan, you really should stop saying "he's not a purebred Ibizan". The world is a small place, if you really don't think there's a chance he's a purebred and feel uncomfortable saying he is a purebred than you probably should not try to ILP him. ILP is intended for unregistered purebred dogs, dogs that people have no reason to believe are not purebreds. ILPs can be revoked and can be revoked if someone points out to AKC that you admit that you know the dog isn't a purebred or don't believe him to be. Better to go with Canine Partners if you don't feel he is a purebred and feel weird saying he is. He can still do CATs so coursing won't be out, just competitive coursing. I'm not sure what the rules are for non-AKC coursing?
Old 08-12-2012, 01:33 PM
Top Dog

If the ILP does go through as a purebred, he can most likely still not course, any default that would send the Ibizan Hound out of the ring at a confirmation show will also disqualify them from coursing, ILP or not. They are not as strict as they are with whippets, but they do judge color in Ibizan's during the inspection.

But he can still do CAT, agility and obedience!