Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-09-2012, 05:39 AM
Walks into Mordor

Default Help! Opinions on a dress!

All right, clothes people! I need help. Admittedly, I am completely clueless when it comes to the womanly arts of fashion and makeup. And don't get me started about shoes, LOL.

Here's the deal. Brian and I are planning a mini-vacation next month. We've decided to spend a night or two doing the whole dinner, wineing, dancing, bar-hopping, etc., thing. We haven't done that in a loooong time, so I'm all excited.

I'd like to buy a dress for the occasion. I'm usually conservative when it comes to clothes. I don't mind things close-fitted, but I don't really go for bare skin, short skirts or low-cut tops. Even sleeveless sometimes gives me pause. This time, I'm thinking of (pleasantly) surprising my husband and going with something completely against my norm.

Thoughts on this? Given how I usually tend towards conservative, I can't tell if it's too risque or not.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/bcbgmaxa...esultback=6954

Last edited by Gempress; 08-09-2012 at 05:50 AM.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:05 AM
<--------Orson

For a hot time out with your husband? Noooooooooo! Not too risque at all IMO!

The only question I would ask is, will this dress out of your 'comfort zone' put a damper on the good time you want to have with hubby? You know, are you the type to tug, pull, worry about what's showing instead of enjoying your RARE time out with him?

If you can put it on, let him enjoy it and not worry about it.......GO FOR IT! If you can't do that, I go with something a bit more in your zone so you can enjoy your get away

ETA: Wanted to add, if you can't be comfortable and enjoy yourself in it, get something in the lingerie department for hubby instead.........I doubt he'll be upset, LOL
Old 08-09-2012, 07:06 AM
Top Dog

It is a gorgeous dress! I dont know what you lok like but going off of the model I think it would look better if she had erm more "assets" to fill it out but it is still very stunning.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:17 AM
Top Dog

Cute! I think classy cute.

Hope you're not petite because that means it's WAY more expensive! LOL
Old 08-09-2012, 07:55 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACooper View Post
For a hot time out with your husband? Noooooooooo! Not too risque at all IMO!

The only question I would ask is, will this dress out of your 'comfort zone' put a damper on the good time you want to have with hubby? You know, are you the type to tug, pull, worry about what's showing instead of enjoying your RARE time out with him?

If you can put it on, let him enjoy it and not worry about it.......GO FOR IT! If you can't do that, I go with something a bit more in your zone so you can enjoy your get away

ETA: Wanted to add, if you can't be comfortable and enjoy yourself in it, get something in the lingerie department for hubby instead.........I doubt he'll be upset, LOL
Exactly how I was going to reply!

I dress pretty conservatively, so if I wore something like that I would feel SO out of my comfort zone! I'd probably be pulling at the dress all night and trying to glance in the mirror whenever I could.

That dress is adorable and is perfect for a night out on the town with your hubby, though.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 08-09-2012, 08:18 AM
Walks into Mordor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoLeigh View Post
It is a gorgeous dress! I dont know what you lok like but going off of the model I think it would look better if she had erm more "assets" to fill it out but it is still very stunning.
That was about to be my next question, LOL. I have a large chest and was wondering if a dress like that would even work for me.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:54 AM
Love my pets

I looked at the Nordstrom site and they have strapless bras and don't have a back to them. I didn't read all about them but that might work. I know there are bras that you can convert different ways.

You would look awesome in this dress. You have one "HOT" night! You go girl!
Old 08-09-2012, 09:14 AM
Top Dog

Whoa nelly! Smokin!

It looks really short though--only 32 1/2 inches from shoulder to hem. I'd measure what that's going to look like on you (or compare it to a current dress you have) and make sure it's not going to be out of your comfort zone. I can't stand when I feel like a dress I have on is too short--I'm constantly trying to pull it down. I'm almost 5'8" though, so I have that problem a lot--if you're shorter, it's probably no big deal.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:31 AM
Walks into Mordor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
Whoa nelly! Smokin!

It looks really short though--only 32 1/2 inches from shoulder to hem. I'd measure what that's going to look like on you (or compare it to a current dress you have) and make sure it's not going to be out of your comfort zone. I can't stand when I feel like a dress I have on is too short--I'm constantly trying to pull it down. I'm almost 5'8" though, so I have that problem a lot--if you're shorter, it's probably no big deal.
I'm officially jealous. I'm only 5'3, and would love to be your height. Seriously, I always thought 5'8 is a perfect height for a woman.

I like your idea of measuring first, and I'll do it to be sure. But given my height (or lack of it), I *think* the length would be ok on me.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:55 AM
Top Dog

It would be a few inches longer on you then the model then and the stretchyness will work in your favor in the chest area lol I feel your pain on getting thing that look right with more in the chest area. As long as you get a good cup braor a lowback bra (low back provide more support and are my preference) Im sure it will look great.